Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do Shaman Players just...care...more?

I've noticed a big difference in the class forums (at least on mmo) that we shamans were super excited and had many posts/threads going on when our preview was released (i mean hell, now there's like 10 locked threads due to our excitement)...while when I went over to the warlock forums to see their reaction to theirs...crickets...

Is there just a difference in the type of person who plays each class? i personally have both a warlock and a shaman but play the shaman main...

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Do Shaman Players just...care...more?

Our changes additions, were imo bigger/better than that of warlock... maybe thats the reason

The biggest lock change is also the shard issue, which was revealed months ago.

They cared enough to get the developers to stop posting on their board for a year after sending a death-threat to Eyonix, I suppose...
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Ya the lock changes that were just announced don't really change the class quite as much as the shaman changes do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

15+ Year Old Account

There is hardly anything new for locks. Soul Shard system was announced long ago. And still only 1 green fire spell and not all. :P
    Whereas Shaman changes were a lot more drastic and thus more room for discussion.

Just my 2 cents.

Just wait until the Paladin changes are released. You don't even know "care".

Shamans are cooler than everyone else, yes.

15+ Year Old Account

Add to that that the Locks aren't getting anything really special as a mastery, which is what people kinda hoped for.

All we got was some lousy + this or + that with damage. No real special effect, just the same thing for different tree's.
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by klimon
    The biggest lock change is also the shard issue, which was revealed months ago.
    Yeah, it's mainly because of this. The SS system is the major changes about Warlocks, and it's already announced, so

Deleted

The shaman forums have always been a bit more exictable and more community based then most (at least to what i've seen). But the lock changes are not huge considering we knew about them months ago. The rest just seem to be a couple of standerd spells.
    Surprisingly Abandon's post is closer to the truth then it might look. Shamans were pretty much blanked for so long, that they ended up just talking to themselves for nearly a year. Wether this because of the comment about Eyonix or not is debatable. But it created a decent community especially on the wow offical forums at this time.

Shaman are used to be the self deprecating "Blizz doesn't love us!" class. Any buff we are given is met with screams of joy.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pearroc
    The shaman forums have always been a bit more exictable and more community based then most (at least to what i've seen). But the lock changes are not huge considering we knew about them months ago. The rest just seem to be a couple of standerd spells.
    Surprisingly Abandon's post is closer to the truth then it might look. Shamans were pretty much blanked for so long, that they ended up just talking to themselves for nearly a year. Wether this because of the comment about Eyonix or not is debatable. But it created a decent community especially on the wow offical forums at this time.
    This. It's actually been at least half a year since I last saw a shaman change in a patch that was worth mentioning. Like we didnt need tuning lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    Shamans are cooler than everyone else, yes.
    This.

No but seriously shaman players or not, those changes were WAY more epic than the warlock ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    Shaman are used to be the self deprecating "Blizz doesn't love us!" class. Any buff we are given is met with screams of joy.
    And that.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

10+ Year Old Account

Warlocks just want Green fire.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

....they got it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Warlocks only post, if they can cry about something. Since everything seems fine, there is no reason to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

What I think actually happened was that the shaman has more to look forward to than the warlock.

Why is that you might ask. The answer is simple.

Shaman's are hybrids. They have alot more changes because they have multiple roles on which blizzard have plans for changing. Healing, Melee Dps, Ranged Dps.

What does a warlock really have that can vary his/her playstyle as such to get stunning changes like the shaman? None.

The same will happen with the Hunter/Mage/Rogue, I'll guarantee it.

Beacuse locks cant look forward to get that more powerful (since they already are insane^^)

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    Very true. As I said in another thread, I was surprised by the amount of new spells, and the lack of new icons...
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest