Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Mage preview is going to be very sad

I'd like to see arcane get a few more toys so the playstyle doesn't feel as monotonous as it currently does. Managing mana doesn't require a great amount of intelligence, nor should it be such a focal point that it becomes what defines "interesting" like it apparently has in the past.

Interesting toys, more control and less RNG makes jack a happy boy.

Ah, so you can see the future, ok then .... just wait and see what you get.
    In the meantime, would you like some cheese with your whine?
    Character from a book btw :P not a skit on the horrible life changing ailment.

"Dear Blizzard, Mages have been annoyingly capable and static for a long time. Please fuck us up so that we can go through the same buff/nerf cycles as everyone else. Thank you, OP"

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture
    So let me get this straight; you,a mage,a class who has been beyonfd F-ing FINe for the whole expansion in both aspects of the game and blatantly overpowered at points ("Lol doesn't count its encounter specific" on a 5 encounter raid with no trash) want an UPDATE in the likes of what shamans and warlocks so far got.Yeah,get bent.
    You made me chuckle.

Mages has not been beyond fin the entire expansion. We have had one viable specc, all the other speccs we had was destroyed and we was left with the single most boring spec in the entire game to play if we wanted to be a viable DPS. We bring nothing to a raid that cant be replicated by another class that has more utility and a higher damage output at the same time.

We got a new spell called frostfirebolt with WOTLK, which pretty much was rendered useless when reaching decent gear levels from Naxx and was only just recently made usefull again with brainfreeze making it instant cast.

Basically this expansion we have been showed into one tree, that is so boring to play that watching paint dry seems like being at woodstock.

Our class is so OP and amazing that serious end game guilds stacked mages through ICC25HM.

Yeah beyond fine. Our class is perfect. YAY FOR US.

Cool your jets. Mages have been fine this whole expansion. Compare WOTLK mages with BC mages.

Let the arcane blast stack infinitely and remove the mana cost increase.. wouldnt that be awesome ?
    85 - Fire Mage - Foxytrott
    85 - Protection Warrior - Foxtrott
    85 - Restoration Druid - Pretzels
    85 - Combat Rogue - Oonai
    85 - Protection Paladin - Amberhorn
    Listed in the most played order

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL
    Mages have always been a really boring class. Why would that suddenly change in Cataclysm?
    Then i think u never trained your mage past 20 then. Because if am right then the last voting i saw people opinion was that the mage class was most fun to play with. I agree because its my main and I never get bored playing it with pvp and pve on it. So the changes in my opinion can only be better tbh, unless they take away the blink

Inb4 "Brand new icon for spells X, Y and Z".

Seriously though I was very surprised to see DKs get that simulacrum spell, it doesnt sound like something a DK should be able to do. It sounds totally mage to me, shaping magic like that etc...
    But I guess Blizzard devs think otherwise.
    Desktop Rig: Intel i9-10850K, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

im praying for a better cc, polymorph sucks.

im praying for an imporved living bomb that explodes if the target dies and have shotened duration from haste.

im praying arcane will get an instantspell that does not clear the abstacks, (Now we have 100% dpsloss almost everytime we move a single step).

and im still hoping that blink will one day be able to take you past a little tiny doorstep, or past whatever purely cosmetic objects there are on teh ground.
    as it is now im starting to belive that blizzard added those cosmetic metal thingys in blades edge arena, just to make blink less useful.

also i hoping for an interface option that shows invisible barriers, and the actual size of the LoS area an object provides.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account

Emo mage! :P

Im hoping for more "fun" abilities such as blink, mirror image, sheep, spellsteal, invisibility,portals, slowfall that can keep me entertained :P

I dont want a rubbish "lol go dps nub" ability