Thread: Frost DPS PVE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Frost DPS PVE

true and, given that my reactions aren't always the best when faced with (what i consider) to be either utter stupidity or blatant ignorance, i may have committed a logical fallacy of my own. the reference to people not wanting every spec to do everything (think prot arena) comes from many of the people on illidan (mostly from people in high end progression guilds and gladiator arena players), so it is not equitable to what everyone may think.

but in all honesty, there are several reasons why all specs SHOULDN'T be viable for everything, the simplest ones to state are boring game through that amount of homogenization and terrible balance issues between PvE and PvP.
    BfA Beta Time

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

yey love threads like this,,,,, i use a frost/arcane spec for raiding when i fancy a change from fire and its rather good tbh,, your pet ads to dps so glyph for it and DEEP FREEZE gives awesome crits im a big fan of doing things different and i always get queries "your raiding in frost??" when i then deliver good dps the QQ stops
    so YES you can raid in frost lol dont listen to some of the plebs who try n make you play your toon like generic robots,,, try it out ill link my toon for you to check if you like
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by invader
    yey love threads like this,,,,, i use a frost/arcane spec for raiding when i fancy a change from fire and its rather good tbh,, your pet ads to dps so glyph for it and DEEP FREEZE gives awesome crits im a big fan of doing things different and i always get queries "your raiding in frost??" when i then deliver good dps the QQ stops
    so YES you can raid in frost lol dont listen to some of the plebs who try n make you play your toon like generic robots,,, try it out ill link my toon for you to check if you like
    please do, provide some evidence for anything you have said.
    BfA Beta Time

Let me know when you see a frost mage hit 15,000 dps.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=J%C3%A9richo

there you go one fire/arcane raid spec and one frost/arcane raid spec

Deleted

Frost is not BAD dps anymore, it is decent, just that it is still only the 4th best spec, behind arcane, fireball and FFB. Also, there is long evidence of it being a pvp only spec, and some people refuse to change their minds.
    When you see 35k deep freeze crits on saurfang, it looks pretty good.

Most of the specs have a point in frostbite, which seems a bit pointless to me. You get the same benefit from FoF, on exactly the same procs, but with a 5% RNG chance of freezing an add in place, wihch could screw over a tank. Are you not better off sticking the leftover point in frozen core for a little survivability?

apologies if this has been raised before, havent read all 5 pages.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

and a mage hitting 15K dps hmm,, they must be fully ICC 25 geared then id imagine or iCC heroic of sorts and just to point out i did manage to 19k dps (in my frost spec) on the blood princes (but id been bitten lol)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

and one more thing, i did mention in a different frosty thread that frost is a bit behind fire and arcane in the dps battle (im not trying to say its the best lol) but it is acceptable as its not far off with the gear you can get now

and a mage hitting 15K dps hmm,, they must be fully ICC 25 geared then id imagine or iCC heroic of sorts and just to point out i did manage to 19k dps (in my frost spec) on the blood princes (but id been bitten lol)
    You got bit on Blood Princes? I need to figure out how to do that myself.

On topic, I think they've covered why the original spec was abhorrent by now. I completely understand why they seemed unhelpful at first, it appears as though the OP was incapable of reading tooltips or looking at glyphs. A PvE spec without Deep Freeze, or Summon water elemental and you weren't expecting flames? My mage is 30 something and even I can tell what was wrong with that spec.

I just want to reiterate DO NOT spec Frostbite. Leveling my tank through LFD I began to hate mages, it would appear they all level as Frost and assume that Imp Blizzard + Frostbite was doing me some kind of favor. How hard can it possibly be to wait until all mobs are nicely grouped in melee range of the tank before you drop a blizzard on them? I'm venting here because I am sick and tired of yelling at idiots who seem to be attempting to kill their tank in PvE instead of the mobs the tank is tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    ...Leveling my tank through LFD I began to hate mages, it would appear they all level as Frost and assume that Imp Blizzard + Frostbite was doing me some kind of favor. How hard can it possibly be to wait until all mobs are nicely grouped in melee range of the tank before you drop a blizzard on them? I'm venting here because I am sick and tired of yelling at idiots who seem to be attempting to kill their tank in PvE instead of the mobs the tank is tanking.
    If I can suggest... link those mages to a site like this or another like EJ. A simple and kind explanation can help spread the word. To be honest, I did the same thing when I leveled my mage. It should be expected, depending on how early on though. It's one of the first talents you have access to, does wonders for solo work, and you don't have to respec or (if new) can't dual spec.

wish i could get lana'thel to pop in on princes and bite me...

also, its not that hard to hit 15k in a stand and dps fight, my gear is pretty meh after having quit for like 2 months once icc came out, and i max out at like 12k, a well geared mage should be able to easily make it to 14-15k
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

aye i got bit 1st somehow i popped my mirrors and veins with haste pot at start had a deep freeze proc straight away with a big crit and gave me lots of threat so i got bit first we failed on that attempt tho lol as it was our first go at 25 man princes,,
    but what i do is on any new boss i go frosty as its a bit easier while getting used to tacts n stuff

15+ Year Old Account

aye i got bit 1st somehow i popped my mirrors and veins with haste pot at start had a deep freeze proc straight away with a big crit and gave me lots of threat so i got bit first we failed on that attempt tho lol as it was our first go at 25 man princes,,
    but what i do is on any new boss i go frosty as its a bit easier while getting used to tacts n stuff

BLOOD PRINCES DO NOT BITE, THAT IS THE MECHANIC OF BLOODQUEEN LANATHEL.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle

BLOOD PRINCES DO NOT BITE, THAT IS THE MECHANIC OF BLOODQUEEN LANATHEL.
    i was wondering if somebody was gonna tell him or just keep confusing the poor guy ha.
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

sigh : / yes i know its the queen who bites (same wing tho just a typo),, man you really have nerd rage issues lol

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

hmm i sense a lot of hostility on this shitty website lol bye bye all no more posts from me lol
    (yippee swizzle is thinking) NERD RAGE FTW

15+ Year Old Account

sigh : / yes i know its the queen who bites (same wing tho just a typo),, man you really have nerd rage issues lol
    see, i don't think you know. it wasn't a single typo, you repeated it through several posts and upon further inspection, you haven't killed BQL on any difficulty further leading me to believe you don't know boss mechanics.
    BfA Beta Time

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

ok last post lol.. yea i havent done bloodqueen on my mage as i said on that post we failed lol but ive done it on my tank link to prove below
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ogg&cn=Invader

and yes i made several typos saying princes when i meant bloodqueen so apologies for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Batsmuggler
    Drop frostbite for deep freeze and water elemental for starters.
    this...otherwise it seems fine to me