Mastery for PVP??

Was Thinking:

After reading people worried that Elemental Overload would be awesome for PvE but most likely think it will be nurfed because of PvP
    Also Enhancement Nature damage mastery being a lot less usefull in Pvp due to less nature damage skills used.

Has anyone considered that PvP gear may not have any mastery stats on it?

Would certainly let them differentiate PvE from PvP.

Re: Mastery for PVP??

Not having mastery on the PvP items would be an interesting move, as it would give them a much sterner hand to use to balance PvP, as they could do it directly at the gear level, rather than having to alter talents and abilities, which would have ramifications on the PvE side of things. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see some, but not much mastery in PvP gear, along the lines of tier bonuses for PvP sets.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Mastery will be like Expertise in PVP

Useful... but you can't get it on pvp gear.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

As far is ive read around, it looks like you will get a certain amount of mastery on ANY GEAR of your "gear skill" Ie mail for shamans.

This would mean that you would not run PvP without any mastery at all, and if it isnt on gear as a stat, then they would have it as a controlled amount. Still that makes me wonder if some still just will take PvE gear for higher burst's, or if it will matter at all having good burst with the high health pools.
    Saying that Elemental overload would be a good thing that does more damage sometimes, but still its about tearing the other team down slowly.

Maybe there will be an option to take some mastery on pvp gear. Imo it would be great for us resto shamans with the Badass mastery bonus we get.
    Wouldnt hurt me at all.

I would wait what the other classes get...and how it will look with the increased HP pools...

A choice between crit and mastery on pvp pieces wouldn't be a really bad idea, though a little tedious to implement...

Just staying with crit on pvp items would mean that the PvP facet of the game would practically be "missing out" on the whole new mastery mechanic (it can't really be equated to just losing something like expertise on pvp gear - mastery can play a very important role depending on what spec you choose and how effective the bonus may be towards your class functionality or play style)...

But also, just leaving mastery in the place of crit on pvp pieces would gimp specs that are over reliant on crit as well

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Once again reforging comes to the rescue
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

If mastery is twice as better than crit for some, that might work. But if mastery were that good they would probably make it's appearance on gear very sparing to compensate ... otherwise it would just turn into another "armor pen" stat