Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Would like another perspective on this (low framerate issue)

GPU-Z log

Odd it lists my card as a 4800 when it's a 4850. Guess it just associates by family.

“Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.”
    Please check out My Mixes

15+ Year Old Account

Go to the "Sensors" tab, hit the dropdown arrow next to "GPU Temperature", and set it to "Show Highest Reading". Play WoW for a while, and then check to see what it shows for the max temp. You may wish to do the same with "Fan Speed" (the percentage) and "GPU Load".

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Go to the "Sensors" tab, hit the dropdown arrow next to "GPU Temperature", and set it to "Show Highest Reading". Play WoW for a while, and then check to see what it shows for the max temp. You may wish to do the same with "Fan Speed" (the percentage) and "GPU Load".
    Will be more than happy to do so monday night (next 25m is scheduled then) but I don't think it's an overheating issue. I can cold boot (I turn my pc off every night), log into wow and have 11 fps on the first 25m pull we do.

Thanks for the advice though, will post back here monday.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpid
    Will be more than happy to do so monday night (next 25m is scheduled then) but I don't think it's an overheating issue. I can cold boot (I turn my pc off every night), log into wow and have 11 fps on the first 25m pull we do.

Thanks for the advice though, will post back here monday.
    While it may very well not be a heat issue, it does only take seconds to go from low temp to overheating. For instance, when starting a stress test, my CPU goes from 35*C (idle temp) to 72*C (full load temp) in about 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    While it may very well not be a heat issue, it does only take seconds to go from low temp to overheating. For instance, when starting a stress test, my CPU goes from 35*C (idle temp) to 72*C (full load temp) in about 6 seconds.
    Oh yeah, I totally understand that, but I've run stress tests on my pc before (ran 3dmark when I had just installed win7) and didn't notice any tearing/lag/or any abnormal temperatures.

Just seems to be with wow. I've had video issues with wow for awhile now - dating back to a pair of 7500gt's I ran in SLI (apparently wow doesn't like sli).

Thanks again for the help, I really hope it's not a faulty card! Don't have 300$ to buy a new one atm!

Hopefully this link works. If it doesn't let me know and I'll upload it somewhere else.

http://www.viewdocsonline.com/document/30316922