Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Old Gods are terrible

So we have the eye old god and the mouth old god. What's next, ear? Nose? Place your bets now.

In before deathwings chin is an old god.

I think i'm in love with Darkside....

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzil
    Just mean how VC is a lvl 17 5 man boss wheres I'm talking about something on big bad raid end boss. I do like his story, just meant his level of power.
    Aren't we getting a heroic deadmines in cata?

Just mean how VC is a lvl 17 5 man boss wheres I'm talking about something on big bad raid end boss. I do like his story, just meant his level of power.
    VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

15+ Year Old Account

Exactly, It has become that the source of the power is more important than who wields it.

I know most of the lore at this point, and I do enjoy a great deal of it, I'm just not a fan of the old gods.
    Interesting...In shakespear, when the side character gets becomes more attention than the main, he gets killed. Evidence being banquo, mecrutio, ect....but i digress.
    Your devine figure(ha, least controversial way to say it) is always gonna be more important than you, theres no denying that. If we die, hey no problem, the world can live on, but if we kill a old god, no, no no no, the world is done for.

Quote Originally Posted by melko
    VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE METER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?

scouter?

Anyone else feel like the old gods are a cop out on blizz's part? I mean sure the forces behind most of Lovecraft's stories make good for "ultimate evils" but I just feel like blizz carbon copied them for the most part, and I mean in spirit not so much form, although there are similarities.

I like my villains to have character, ya know? Have some goals, be selfish, annihilate a group of people, rob sw bank, capture the princess, whatever. Not just be hell bent on the destruction of civilization/life as we know it.

I'm hoping blizz gives us a relatable villain sometime in the future, one who isn't corrupted by old gods (or sargeras). I think somebody molded after your classic super hero/james bond type villains would be really neat to see. Oh and I'm talking about a major baddie, not just some ho-hum pushover like van cleef.
    Titans came to their world, killed off some then realized if they kill them all the world goes ka-put... so they chained then beneath their own world while the Titans remade it to their liking. Now theyre regaining power and influening the Titan's creations to do their bidding so they can escape and have their world back.

Not story driven enough?

Also, Illidan wasnt corrupted by KJ or an Old God, neither was/is the Lich King, and im sure there are plenty bosses inbetween.

See exactly! they are like blizz's OH SHI-- button, at this point its gotten a little stale.
    So let me get this right. your saying that one of blizzards ultimate plot line goals is just their ohshit button? When the great one called darkside has proven otherwise? HEATHEN!

but seriously. i totally disagree with you. Having new characters all the time can be semi boring for me, when you just learn something on the surface then they get discarded. I like this whole thing with the titans and old gods. You should be learning so much about the history of the warcraft cosmos.

First thing i think of when i see old gods is Darkside now. dam you darkside. dam you.

PS darkside, the Titans are going to come and kick your ass. just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVon
    old gods are a great sub story

i would like more sargaras though. his story feels less cartoony than kil'jeadens(sp)
    I disagree. i think they are one of the main plot lines. if not part of the ultimate plot line. I think that there is three sides to the ultimate plot. 4 if you count us mere mortals. Those three are Old Gods, Titans and Burning Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by melko
    VEGETA, WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?

ITS OVER NINE.... you know what? Fuck this, I'm outta here...
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adjutant Reflex
    So let me get this right. your saying that one of blizzards ultimate plot line goals is just their ohshit button? When the great one called darkside has proven otherwise? HEATHEN!

but seriously. i totally disagree with you. Having new characters all the time can be semi boring for me, when you just learn something on the surface then they get discarded. I like this whole thing with the titans and old gods. You should be learning so much about the history of the warcraft cosmos.

First thing i think of when i see old gods is Darkside now. dam you darkside. dam you.

PS darkside, the Titans are going to come and kick your ass. just sayin...
    Then my plan worked, im a household name
    As for the titans, well, Thats what they do with old gods, exterminate them to the best of their abilities. But i wont go down without a fight

Well I don't know about anyone else but The old gods are acualy pretty well established and written kinda deep into the lore. For one, EVERYONE pretty much knows that there is an old god in the maelstrom in some form or another. Everyone knew about Yogg-Saron because of WC3. C'thun didn't really seem like a "O shit" button more of a total and complete deviation from all the other raids at the time AKA BWL and MC... So that was more like a refreshing change of pace... for everyone who could take it on.

No the "O shit button" I think is more the Titans. They just smear a lil Titan tech or an old Titan guardian wherever they need an extra boss or something to distract us, and ... yeah. It distracts just enough and Titan's are so vaguely defined that it seems pretty weak to me...

Can we have a list of all the 'insane' bosses in wow? Vanilla, BC, Wrath, 5mans, 10mans etc...

I know Arcatraz - the prison guard blood elf dude - 'I know, I'll just tell the prince you released the prisoners mwhahahah!!!'

>.> Guess there's a difference between corrupted by an old god insane and plain old wackadoodle insane

Since the Old Gods influence the world so much and corrupt certain characters w/ their own unique ways, shouldnt we see warlocks/paladin like classes that feed off them? I think a Chaos knight or Chaos Caller(caster) would be cool classes even if we couldnt play them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina
    Since the Old Gods influence the world so much and corrupt certain characters w/ their own unique ways, shouldnt we see warlocks/paladin like classes that feed off them? I think a Chaos knight or Chaos Caller(caster) would be cool classes even if we couldnt play them.
    Every single sentient being on azeroth that isn't an old god or a servant of the titans is already evidence of the corruption of the old gods, I wouldn't say there is any need to tie that to a specific class.

Edit: Also demons and elementals, I forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Every single sentient being on azeroth that isn't an old god or a servant of the titans is already evidence of the corruption of the old gods, I wouldn't say there is any need to tie that to a specific class.
    Some creatures working for the Old Gods have demonstrated abilities shared by their masters, however. Harbringer Skyriss demonstrated mental influence through insanity, for example. I think it'd be possible to base a class around such things powers, or at least include such things within a class (Shadow Priests, maybe?).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Some creatures working for the Old Gods have demonstrated abilities shared by their masters, however. Harbringer Skyriss demonstrated mental influence through insanity, for example. I think it'd be possible to base a class around such things powers, or at least include such things within a class (Shadow Priests, maybe?).
    You cant call the twilight cultist a class, there are alot of classes of cultists, i for one am a Shadowblade

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    makes sense. but his idea is actually semi cool never the less. but i think that would require a third faction. or an idea much like the death knights breaking off. and that WOULD be stale. unless they freshen it up some. in which case it would be fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    You cant call the twilight cultist a class, there are alot of classes of cultists, i for one am a Shadowblade
    Ah, it'd be difficult to call a Twilight Cultist a class, but I wasn't really referring to them. Moreso to the abilities developed by the Qiraji and other such creatures, and their potential to be fitted into a class. Warlocks learned to harness demonic power, so it'd be interesting if a class learned to harness Qiraji/Old God power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Your super-villan cannot obtain any massive power without going through a old god. Elements? forget it, old gods. Weaponry? forget it, dwarfs, gnomes, humans and possibly night elfs are old gods indirect creations. Even frostmourn may have old god relation due to the language on the pedistal (no one challenges this fact so i will repeat it till they do >).

Sure
    They havent gotten stale at all, its a intresting web of retcons and lore twists, i reccomend it to you, maybe youl change your mind
    I've watched your old god worshipping quite a while now :P and you seem to know what u go on about but about frostmourne....
    When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor as well as the runeblade Frostmourne, and trapped within an icy tomb called the Frozen Throne. Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the Nathrezim for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King.

source: www.wowwiki.com/frostmourne

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Ah, it'd be difficult to call a Twilight Cultist a class, but I wasn't really referring to them. Moreso to the abilities developed by the Qiraji, and other such creatures, and their potential to be fitted into a class. Warlocks learned to harness demonic power, so it'd be interesting if a class learned to harness Qiraji/Old God power.
    I yeild, you got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindi
    I've watched your old god worshipping quite a while now :P and you seem to know what u go on about but about frostmourne....
    When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor as well as the runeblade Frostmourne, and trapped within an icy tomb called the Frozen Throne. Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the Nathrezim for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King.

source: www.wowwiki.com/frostmourne
    The language on the pedistal of frostmourn is Kalimag, the language of elementals, elementals are the old minions of the old gods .: the elements are somehow involved with frostmourn. Not only that but there are deep sarnoite veins in the frostmourn cave.