Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Life Grip sounds rather interesting. It would of been very useful last night in ICC... our tank didn't pull back that first group in front of Precious and Stinky's room, so we pulled all the adds behind.... we survived, but imagine if we had Life Grip. Priest sees the tank standing still instead of pulling back... lets him get a tiny bit of aggro with aoe, then life grips him back to bring the mobs with him.

Priest are pretty strong as it is maybe thats why they don't have as much shaman changes not to mention shamans are a hybrid class so they have alot more to change. But that life grip will totally fk of DK's unless DK's get some nice changes, but i could see how priest in arenas are gonna be pretty damn efficient not to mention group bubble!! HA! aoe dmg is gonna be a joke once a priest is around. Disc im primarily talking about. With these 2 changes alone will greatly help with dmg reduction.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Deathgrip + Lifegrip....

DKs and Priests are now Iceclimbers lol

Life Grip: Can be abused as much as Death Grip. Except if the priest does it, you can kick and blacklist. In PvP, it can be abused but a bad teammate can destroy BGs already. How many times have you seen someone go AV and constantly run out of the Drek room using taunt? They get reported and eventually banned. Same thing will happen to a priest who tries to abuse this. I predict this makes it live. Most of the whiners about Life Grip have never played a Death Knight with Death Grip.

1) Holy: Gets run speed and more powerful heals. Versatile healer similar to Burning Crusade or like Shamans in this X-Pac. If you have a long fight, the Holy Priest will be your best friend as other healers will likely be OOM.

2) Discipline: Barrier is just amazing. You won't see a raid without this type of healer. Even with a cooldown, this is the perfect solution to raidwide damage bursts. Expect barrier followed by shaman raining in response to these effects.

3) Shadow : Mind Spike is very nice. It essentially is a better replacement for Shadow Word: Death in all the situations you use it for now except if it actually killed the mob. Having a high damage execute ability is a DPS boost. Haste and Crit scaling on DoTs along with no clipping solves a lot of issues. The biggest issue is that they need to replace Misery with another buff that is as wanted as it was. While it wasn't mentioned, it's possible they have one planned.

My expectations:

1) Holy will be considered the worst healer by everyone. Their mana efficiency will be countered by the fact they will be resorting to their powerful heals more often especially if they have to switch styles midfight. If Holy sticks to a role, they will last longer than the specialized healer if they can stick with their efficient heals.

2) Discipline priests will have a secure raid spot for the whole X-Pac if Barrier stays in the game. Job security for the win.

3) Shadow priests will be on the high end of damage for hybrids or they will be benched in PvE. They will be much better in PvP and will likely have a lot of comps viable.

Overall grade: C- . If Barrier gets removed or nerfed, then it goes to F
    Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Leap of Faith... Inb4 RMP ownage in arena

I can see it now. I'm in the top two on the dps charts with a rogue, so just to mess with him and "win" I'll life grip him away from the boss. rofl
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudots
    Deathgrip + Lifegrip....

DKs and Priests are now Iceclimbers lol

You win the internet.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

It will never make it out of the beta.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

Looks awsome

10+ Year Old Account

A couple of things on life grip.

- It will most certainly be used only on party members. Noone wants to kill their own BG team mate or guildy.
    - Holy priests as a whole tend to be players who want to help people. They also as a whole are a bit more responsible.

Giving Hunters or DK's a power which can wipe raids may be dangerous. Priests? Really, how many priests do you know who go out of their way to ruin PuGs or grief people?

Pulling idiot DPS out of fire so i don't have to heal them while i should be healing tank = Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    I can forsee chain-life gripping tanks to keep them away from big hitting bosses during soft enrages

imagine Vezax with his blackblood buff, and you just lifegrip the tank the hell outa there
    This is the main reason I believe it wont make it to live as is, too much potential for stacking PVE abuse to avoid damage by kiting your tank around :> (similar reasons they added DR to taunts)

I dont play a priest (or any of the other classes which have had a preview so far) but to me these look like the most exciting. The Chakra system looks amazing and should be getting much more attention then the situational Life Grip

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scrawn
    The Chakra system looks amazing and should be getting much more attention then the situational Life Grip
    We don't know what the effects are (of each spell) but Chakra looks exciting :-)

Still, life grip is <3

Blizzard will most likely add a restriction to Life Grip, most likely making it so you can only pull a person that has been shielded. That makes it so you can only technically Life Grip someone in your party/raid, and can't go to Thunderbluff and leva-gank (if it even becomes possible) someone over the cliffs. (unless they accept a group invite, but hopefully people will catch on after awhile with that).

Giving Hunters or DK's a power which can wipe raids may be dangerous. Priests? Really, how many priests do you know who go out of their way to ruin PuGs or grief people?
    A few, actually. One of my friends, as example, plays mostly a warlock and priest, and whenever he is on the priest in PUGs he always likes screwing around with people.

Anyways, the Chakra system excites me the most. Something about "specializing" your heals on the fly is cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormer
    So the ability is just announced and you know everything about it, hmm? That it'll make it to live, the ways it won't be used to grief people...

Most of the posts pointing out the flaws in Leap of Faith's mechanics and the potential griefing that could (see also: will) result sound more like well-measured reasoning than abstract whining to me. But that may just be me. I tend to lean more towards open-minded discussion than self-righteous know-it-all. Silly, I know.

It's true that DG made it out of beta when a lot of people thought it wouldn't, but it received a lot of attention during testing and continued to even after it went live. And there are also plenty of abilities that never made it out of beta. (See the Shaman update and Spirit Link for just one example.) I would say that Leap of Faith is definitely a red flag, and I'm sure it's going to receive its fair share of attention in the Cataclysm beta. Until it goes live, most of us are just going to have to watch and hope.
    people who support the spell dont know everything about it but neither those who criticise, it always work both ways and you know it is 50/50
    well measured reasoning? To me the one who gives examples of in game mechanics and game trends sounds more like "well measure reasoning" then the one who simply states it is will be used to grief (giving off the cliff kind of examples...) or that it is overpowered.
    And sadly it is not just you... :

While I agree it will get a lot of attention (kind of every spell does to keep pvp balanced)
    check what open minded discussion means and you might want to give some reasons why it is red flag in your opinion (something like well measured reasoning). I cant help it but your post feels like polite way to state your "NO" for the spell. Covering lack of reasoning with "wait and watch". That is why forums exist so we dont have to wait and watch and we can discuss if and why the spell will or will not make it to beta and live.

correct me if I missunderstood your post, really want to hear why it is red flag in your opinion unless you dont want to share it and if so consider not posting
    Quote from: Sirsimeon on April 10, 2010, 12:00:49 pm
    can shammies please stop QQing? We are SUPPOSED to do more damage than shamans because we are PURE ffs.
    Virginity ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Daltain
    I can see it now. I'm in the top two on the dps charts with a rogue, so just to mess with him and "win" I'll life grip him away from the boss. rofl
    I think its gonna be a holy spell (see name) and shadow priest wont be able to use it in shadowform...

15+ Year Old Account

Lackluster

If this was supposed to be the "get me hyped up" announcement it failed. I'm a holy priest and all that stuff sounds flat out stupid.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

Leap of Faith (level 85): Pull a party or raid member to your location. Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is intended to give priests a tool to help rescue fellow players who have pulled aggro, are being focused on in PvP, or just can't seem to get out of the fire in time. Instant. 30-yard range. 45-second cooldown.

Priest vs. DK with a third player participating:
    "MINE" *death grip*
    "NO MINE!" *life grip*

Would be hilarious to watch if it hadn't been for the long cooldown.
    Also, this spell will have some interesting uses in PvP, like pulling a warrior to the priest if he needs protection etc.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by stevorino
    i dont want to be gripped by some cloth dude...

lol people didn't get this... Specially getting gripped by a PRIEST lol

10+ Year Old Account

Why is everyone looking at it badly? I can think of 100 uses for that talent and not one of them is abusing someone else or raid wiping.

DPS in heroics often stand in fire/circles/whatever and expect you as the healer to be able to handle it at high levels. You usually can, but it really is a pain watching them and the tank. Grip them out, their dps is hardly interrupted and they stop taking damage.

All of the raid need to get to one side of the room. The hunter got stunned or something and is going to wipe everyone. Grip them over, and raid is safe.

Getting dangerous in arena, pull your rogue over to help you out.

This is just another healing/damage prevent tool and a really handy one. People said we'd abuse levitate and what, guys had fun with it for a week or so. When was the last time someone levitated you to grief?

Can we life grip hunter pets? You know, the hunters that send their pet to go aggro a boss.