Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild will not boost Spirit either.
    wut?

This Life Grip crap will be removed, half of the priests out there will just be arses with it for damn sure.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Inc rage as people get life-gripped off a cliff by a levitating priest.

Not sure that Inner Fire/Focus change is going to have pvp priests excited about being hamstring/whatever chained; it's only 4% better movement than an enchant.

Also,
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All HoTs and DoTs will benefit from Haste and Crit innately. Hasted HoTs and DoTs will not have a shorter duration, just a shorter period in between ticks (meaning they will gain extra ticks to fill in the duration as appropriate).
    is much better wording than the notes for warlocks.

Leap of Faith and DoT's+Hot'S will no longer reduce uptime on mobs but increase the amount ot ticks. Only interesting things here.

Sad that Shadow Priests have no ground breaking changes though. The Mind Spike looks like it will be VERY situational.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tibbler
    Leap of Faith sounds interesting like a friendly Death Grip xD
    Friendly? I don't think so, cast levitate, jump off a cliff and caste Leap of faith on someone in your group.

All I see is "we WANT to do this" and Shadow orbs. Nothing new to see here, move along. :

Quote Originally Posted by Áreoneon
    Leap of Faith and DoT's+Hot'S will no longer reduce uptime on mobs but increase the amount ot ticks. Only interesting things here.

Sad that Shadow Priests have no ground breaking changes though. The Mind Spike looks like it will be VERY situational.
    They're basically going to be gutting the spriest talent tree, because it's so full of 'boring passive talents,' so spriests will probably see a lot of changes in the beta.

Life grip looks awesome! (not as much for priests as for people who are standing in fire lol) jk jk

Seriously though, I am liking these changes. I hope I'm still saying that when they roll out the dk changes hehe.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

nice and my priest pretty much is my main now, cant wait!

edit: holy shit i just read the rest, priest gonna be awesome, as if they arent already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat
    Inc rage as people get life-gripped off a cliff by a levitating priest.
    0.5 cast time. fixed.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account

Mind Spike sounds really cool and we get a friendly death grip! Nice. XD

Come oooon talent trees!
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by kharma
    Life grip gonna be hilarious.
    Tank charges, priest grip, dps dies ;D
    Finally, the road to revenge over the Rogues is clear!!
    But really this will be an awesome PuG moron controller.

Never mind the fun in raids... think of the fun of Life Grip in world terms, gripping someone towards you on the edge of a precipice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    life grip is some annoying and weird stuff.. i thought the rule was that oyu can not CC friendly targets ever, period. And this IS a kind of CC, movement imparing effect. I know im going to be pissed as all hell if someone would ever use it on me.
    *Facepalm*

If I had a dollar for every time a tricker happy dps died due to not noticing the big bad AoE being cast... Leap of Faith is awesome for raids. But yes, you can bet Priests are going to have some fun with it as well, like Paladins with Hand of Protection etc, etc.

Overall I like those changes, sounds like healing will actually be more interesting come Cataclysm, so I might take a closer look at my Priest then

10+ Year Old Account

I'm willing to bet everything I own that life grip will NOT make it to live. They will see how much it can be abused in the Beta and it will be changed. It's so obvious this will happen.

We are, however, getting rid of the five-second rule, because we don't want to encourage standing around doing nothing.
    I don't get it ?
    It sounds oxymoron with the other fact that they also want mana to mean something ?
    Does that mean:
    1) healing style will be spam less-effective yet efficient heals followed by big one
    -or-
    2) more jumping around

Quote Originally Posted by Cluthu
    Friendly? I don't think so, cast levitate, jump off a cliff and caste Leap of faith on someone in your group.
    if it works anything like death grip this cannot be done.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

I will start to see more dps standing in fire with trust that I will rescue them.
    Lucky we have a decent CD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

that would be pretty shitty if it doesnt make it to live, and I kind of have to agree, it sounds just too cool, people will bitch about it. Theyll probably make the CD higher.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    that would be pretty shitty if it doesnt make it to live, and I kind of have to agree, it sounds just too cool, people will bitch about it. Theyll probably make the CD higher.
    Yeah if it does make it to live I think you're right, the CD will be rather long.