Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

You can't use Death Grip while you're in midair, I guess it will be the same for Leap of Faith :\

BTW this sucks, Leap of Faith should've been a paladin ability (which did something else, just talking about the name here)

Chakra sounds like what the doctor ordered. I am always from fight to fight changing up what I do as Holy. Renew, Flash Heal, or PoH 'spam' depending on the situation. Serendipity should still be there to help with a follow up PoH or GH. Hopefully those two talents will provide some passive synergy to each other just because of the 3 heal idea.

Leap of Faith is really cool. I see it being useful on many fights in ICC. Marrowgar to get people out of fire, Deathwhisper to pull a lagging melee to adds or someone out of DnD, Gunship to pull someone off the enemy ship?, Saurfang to get a failing kiter away from a beast, and the list goes on from there.

To the PvE qq, if you don't want griefing priests in your raid, don't pug. Join a guild that raids with smart and skilled players. Problem solved.

I dont play a priest but these look interesting.

I can see it now though....

Shadow Priest - ZOMG serious guys look at my awesome damage.. OH MY GOD.. LOOK AT MY BALLS GUYS>........ !!! I diidnt mean like that
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by Aithan
    You can't use Death Grip while you're in midair, I guess it will be the same for Leap of Faith :\

BTW this sucks, Leap of Faith should've been a paladin ability (which did something else, just talking about the name here)
    Priests are "holy" too, not only paladins

edit: wrong thread
    Why is there no dungeon finder for 840 Mythic "1" dungeons? Mythic 1 dungeons are simply the old pre-legion heroic dungeon difficulty, renamed. just like in WoD they renamed each MoP raid difficulty to sound harder.

I wonder what sort of people you raid or pvp with if you're afraid that your healers will get you killed on purpose. They can pretty much already to that if they dont heal you.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

Divine Spirit and Prayer of Spirit will be removed from the game. As Spirit will be the primary mana-regeneration stat, we don't want it to vary as much between solo, small group, and raid play.
    So we're gonna say bye-bye to mana spring totem and blessing of wisdom as well?

Well... actually that could be good seeing the amount of Paladins and Shamans in pugs who can't come to an agreement about buffs.

Yay for runspeed buff for priests, that's gonna be fun.

Life grip... I can imagine those overaggroing melees moaning when you pull them.
    I know how it looks like, just cast hand of protection on a melee who's trying to kill himself. Watch his reaction. No, it's not gratefulness.

Bringing Heal and Greater Heal back to being viable? Yes please.

What would happen if you life gripped a friendly when an enemy DK was death gripping them? Would it like rip there character apart?

No need to make people fall from cliffs, just Life Grip someone who is tagging a flag / a tower, teh fun! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by cerbul
    Priests are "holy" too, not only paladins
    True, but Leap of Faith reminds me of a "crusader" melee type more than a guy in a dress spamming heals :P It's just me, I know.

Edit: to elaborate - The whole "Fearless warrior of the light" is more of a paladin concept, Leap of Faith means doing something dangerous trusting your god to protect you.

Meh, I don't even play my pala anymore, just venting

What will happen if I life grip a party DK that is deathgripping an enemy? :O

Solution to abusing Life Grip: Make it only castable on players who are taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Areldur
    Solution to abusing Life Grip: Make it only castable on players who are taking damage.
    screw that

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife
    So we're gonna say bye-bye to mana spring totem and blessing of wisdom as well?
    since mp5 is disappearing as a stat, i would say so.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music
    How can people bitch about Leap of Faith this much? It says right there that you can only use it on party and raid members, it has a 45 second cooldown and since screwing around with it is likely to get you yelled at and kicked the griefing potential is limited.

God forbid priests get ONE cool spell in their entire arsenal.
    hmm, probably because some of us see the obvious misuse or some of us have seen an identical power in another game regularly piss people off. That's after they added a prompt dialog option to teleports and rezs only 6 months after the game's initial release in 2004. Teleporting teammates into foes, into walls/objects, and to the ceiling of the world map to fall to their death's were popular griefing methods. That doesn't include people complaining of nausea before the prompt change because of teammates unintentionally recalling someone to different locations at the same time.

Im confused, maybe I need to read up more on this mastery deal... but Shadow Orbs help make low level shadow priests feel more shadowy before shadowform.... but wouldnt it being an end mastery mean you would have to be high enough to put enough points into the tree to be firmly a shadow priest, at which point you would already have shadowform?

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    Grip of Faith !

I can only imagine a BG where a DK grips you in and your fellow Priest grips you out !

"Omg guys can you stop griping me and lemme DPS ?"
    i lolld in rl. i am looking forward for grip of faith, it can be rly usefull in pvp

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

wow so many people here cant read or even don't play WoW.

Deleted

A perfect WSG scenario: Worgen lock takes flag, teleport circle->8sec sprint, racial sprint already in base, priest standing ontop of flag and grips the lock upon entering the flag room->win

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512
    Im confused, maybe I need to read up more on this mastery deal... but Shadow Orbs help make low level shadow priests feel more shadowy before shadowform.... but wouldnt it being an end mastery mean you would have to be high enough to put enough points into the tree to be firmly a shadow priest, at which point you would already have shadowform?
    Technically you get mastery bonuses as soon as you start putting points in the tree. It's just that your orbs will probably just be really weak. "small balls" so to speak.