Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Now we know why paladins are 1 week after. Priests got the grip of life that is a pure strenght/protection spell. Perfect for a plate wearer and protector. Now Blizzard is probably scratching their heads of creating something - Just SOMETHING!! for the holy paladins.
    You probably hate your mates if you want to pull them to your position while tanking

"If I'm going down, you're coming with me!" */cast Leap of Faith*

Leap of Faith sounds... uh... interesting... but somehow I just don't see it being of much use, even in PvP.

Also, this may seem like nitpicking to some, but why are Priests getting a spell that deals frost damage? Every class has always had its damage types set in stone and has never broken that mold; to do so now, and to have just one single spell that deals a different type of damage than everything else in your arsenal just seems off to me. If they really wanted to give Priests a dual-type spell, then it should have been consistent with its current damage types. Give them a shadow/holy damage spell, and simply make it castable in Shadowform.

I see this grip to be OP in PvP not saying how frustrating it can be.

Inner Will (level 83): Increases movement speed by 12% and reduces the mana cost of instant-cast spells by 10%. This buff will be exclusive with Inner Fire, meaning you can't have both up at once. Inner Fire provides a spell power and Armor buff; Inner Will should be useful on a more situational basis.

well thats fin gr8 now priests will be faster than hunters aswell.....

To all those people who feel disappointed:

We know that healing Priests at this stage of the game are being overshadowed by other healing classes for most of the actual content. This, however, is a tweaking issue. An issue of coefficients, numbers, percentages, durations, etc. We already have all the healing spells in the world, plus we get Heal, and I'm pretty sure (call me optimistic!) that Lightwell will be completely redesigned as well. Not to mention we get loads of passive HoTs as Holy. We really don't need any more healing spells, only some flavour utility spells... like Life Grip. And the semi-holyform kinda thing will increase our versatility, exactly what we need.

I'm pretty satisfied with our summary, as far as our healing role is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros
    You probably hate your mates if you want to pull them to your position while tanking
    I was talking holy paladins ofc..

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We pulled Misery because we are pulling every group benefit that improves hit. It's annoying to have to swap your gear in and out depending on who shows up for your group. In general we're going to push even harder in Cataclysm for bringing people you like to play with, not bringing people who have awesome buffs. The answer to almost every question of "But why would they bring me?" should be "Because you know what the hell you're doing."
    so they will be taking out the Draenei racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Regardless of any particular boss experience, I am vastly more experienced with the concept of tanking than you are. You are definitely outmatched here, my friend.
    This guy is logical.

and nothing for smiter...

Deleted

the warlock soulshard system is going to be very unique!

random guy @ blizzard: lets give priest the same shit with shadow orbs

i dont mind they get it. but its cheap

I have to say that as a holy priest these changes don't have me excited at all. In fact, they seem pretty boring and lack lustre compared to the Shaman and Warlock changes. It almost feels like it's a cop out by Blizz, much the same as the dispel changes where offensive and defensive magic are now seperate dispels.

I guess I'll wait to see what happens in the beta and hope it seems more exciting.

10+ Year Old Account

WAIT WAIT WAIT?! Holy Priest will go Naruto with their "Chakra" thingy?!

brb rerolling priest
    Vol'jin fanboy

Not quite what i was expecting..... And the reverse of death grip was very crative :P

Ah well death knight changes are incoming

Quote Originally Posted by tehglads
    and nothing for smiter...
    The new Chakra talent could work with Smite.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore
    To all those people who feel disappointed:

We know that healing Priests at this stage of the game are being overshadowed by other healing classes for most of the actual content. This, however, is a tweaking issue. An issue of coefficients, numbers, percentages, durations, etc. We already have all the healing spells in the world, plus we get Heal, and I'm pretty sure (call me optimistic!) that Lightwell will be completely redesigned as well. Not to mention we get loads of passive HoTs as Holy. We really don't need any more healing spells, only some flavour utility spells... like Life Grip. And the semi-holyform kinda thing will increase our versatility, exactly what we need.

I'm pretty satisfied with our summary, as far as our healing role is concerned.

Also this. So much this.

They said one numerous occasions that they will have to tweak EVERY SINGLE ability, every rank, every talent, every rating to the new system. So of course healing spells will be tweaked. We alreaddy have a lot of awesome heals, they just don't have the throughput that other healing classes have right now. That's a problem of numbers though, not a problem of design.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Life Grip isn't going to happen. It will most likely change into something else during Beta.

Life Grip will only make it out of beta if it swaps the priests position for the target, its way too easy to abuse in way too many situations otherwise.. (this along with the "non channeled/heal over time/aoe effect that was mentioned for shaman both have huge issues .. but at least you couldnt kill people repeatedly and intentionally with the shaman version)

i can see life grip getttin removed or nerfed alot

omg the griefing possibilties for 'life grip' are endless! ;D

Life Grip is just awesome. Melee dps will hate me! 8)
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace