Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

To those thinking you'll be able to "life grip" people off a cliff, i'd imagine it'll work the same as a DK's death grip. AKA you can't use it while you're mid-air :P

And while yes, it's people's own jobs to get out of the fire etc, it's still nice of you if you pull them out of it and save their ass. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Not to mention disconnects. It would've been a raid-saver if we had this last week, when someone disconnected just as he got a defile on LK. Defile lands, person DC's, you life grip him, raid's saved :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cathercy
    Shhhhh. That's the kind of stuff that will make blizz remove it. Save it for after Cataclysm is out. :P
    Limitations like not being able to life grip a target currently with aggro from a boss will probably be implemented if this happens. I doubt many priests will do this tough, there are the occasional assholes who will abuse this tough which is sad since its such a practical spell :S
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

Leap of Faith (or "Life Grip") is a 30-yard range if you ask me that is to short for PvE because if some on is in troble and you cant heal him you cant grip him any way and giving healer possible blame for some noob that don't move his ass is WRONG

looking at all this i don't see my priest being my main again

Hmmmm,, Whats the use of lifegrip.
    Ppl should check their agro themselfs, Else its just a fail :P.

its SICK in pvp though.

Deleted

bah.. they allready have penence and mana burn... isn't that enought? -.-

Deleted

Life grip looks like fun.

Although, one failsafe I think it will need is for it so put a debuff, not allowing that target to be life gripped again for XXX time.

If it's used to grief, ignore, kick and blacklist the player. Not difficult.

At last a tool to save the players lacking competance from fire.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ironza
    Although, one failsafe I think it will need is for it so put a debuff, not allowing that target to be life gripped again for XXX time.
    Find a video on WCM where group of 5 58lvl DKs chain DG people through STV all the way to the sea. Since DG has no DR/Debuff I dont see why this should tbh.

Also... Not sure if it crossed your minds yet, but this spell might very possibly be useful only on people in your group which basicly means people wont screw around with you in cities or smth. And if they will, you are obviously in group with them, so... you know... leave. When it comes to gripping tanks or screwing someones rotation or whatever, paladins can already do that with BoP/DI and do they? If so they get kicked and you move on, they pretty much never do that anyway (heard about it, never seen).

Totally love the changes, chakra and life grip sounds like great stuff, might even pay subscription for a month to play beta

I start to think that it is rogue/dk conspiracy with all the people that keep posting about life grip to drag people while jumping of the cliff. Conspiracy that hopes to get the cool spell removed...

Learn to read before you post

for all saying that it is different cos it affects same faction players, my cat is more creative then you, if you really want to grief you will find the way, why people don’t? cos it is serious violation and get you banned very fast, hell these days you can get banned even for calling a gnome "shorty" :

Why this spell won’t be removed: this is not some totally new mechanic that would be risky to implement
    -blizzard removes things when they can cause problems with game play and not just because few idiots overuse it or few melee could get angry with their priest fiends, if anything they like stuff that makes you whine(do I have to give examples really)
    -if they do remove it, it will be because they run out of time to make sure it works properly so you can’t life grip garrosh of the cliff...yes I know he can’t be invited to raid on the other hand knowing garrosh he might accidently accept a good ninja invite
    -it is only normal that they will implement more stuff like this (shaman spells: rain, casting while walking) with the entire "make cataclysm spells/talents/gameplay FUN" for those who need someone more than numbers to jerk off

Overall I think blizzard is now closer to "fix it and make it work" than removing stuff entirely, will appreciate if someone proves me wrong on this one cos I get too optimistic lately...

Mechanic in game:
    -you can bop already to save someone/ fuck up his rotation, OMG that is in-raid griefing
    -push back spells are in game for long time so changing others positions is not a new stuff.
    -dks have a hostile version, so blizzard obviously tried out spell mechanics extensively

Dreaming starts:
    Would also love to see graphics/visual changes connected with spells affecting an area, like that rain or hurricane or earthquake. Would be lovely if the moment you step in your screen shake or it gets darker or your sight range is shorter, that would add more depth to spells so they are not just powerful because they make your green bar go down a bit with flat visual flashes. Not to mention it would add a downside and complexity, as your friendly players would be affected as well. It can be very simple and work one at the time. Just a thought considering they implement phasing so much.
    Dreaming finished
    Quote from: Sirsimeon on April 10, 2010, 12:00:49 pm
    can shammies please stop QQing? We are SUPPOSED to do more damage than shamans because we are PURE ffs.
    Virginity ftw

That life grip can't be a good thing. I really hope that doesn't make it live.
    the rest sounds great though

Life-grip: Yes to start with some people will abuse it (although there arnt as many ways to do this as people seem to think - see previous comments), but after a while people wont. How many times does a pally decide to have fun wiping a raid with DI? People doing that will just get /ignored and /kicked. Cant see it being a problem really. Also before saying "its no use", what we dont know is the encounters we will face in cataclysm. It may be something that is really useful for some of them - only time will tell.

Mana regen: I have mixed feelings about this. Im sure that a lot of priests in great gear can just spam their best heal all the time and not worry about mana. However both my horde and alliance priests have fairly crap gear (my horde one I only just got to 80, and my alliance one - I havent really been gearing at all since he got to 80 months ago), and I know that these changes are going to make solo play on less geared - or lowever level characters harder. Like the change they made to VT, suddenly I had much less mana regen when soloing. Im not looking forward to leveling my priests running out of mana all the time, or starting out healing at lvl85 with only basic gear and not having enough regen to heal the group without lots of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_ski
    Well "life grip" will easily make priests the most hated class in the entire game, all thanks to idiots and jerks misusing it. You could write an entire book on the amount of ways you could single-handedly wipe an entire raid with this power and still have another entire book to write on how to grief with it in non-raid situations...

Seriously coming from the perspective of a lvl 80 combat rogue, lvl 80 prot warrior, and lvl 80 blood dk, I DO NOT WANT THIS POWER IN GAME PERIOD...
    I Do. Look I'm more important than you, what i say that i want is better than what you say!

/sarcasm

Seriously why do people post like that because they want something to not make it live, do you really think you are more important. Don't like it? /ragequit Bye bye.

Also are you telling me that you havn't had some random DPS DK DG the mobs off the tank? there are lots of ways to wipe people by using Deathgrip too, lots of ways to be a tool with it. did that prevent it from getting live? no, no it didn't. Quit QQing over something you havn't seen, used, tried, heard reports about how it works. The only thing we have is a rough outline of it by blizz.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

In cata theres going to be big lava trenches throuh barrens yes?...life grp thingy a lowbee into it then fly out & watch him squirm

Quote Originally Posted by Fogsworth
    In cata theres going to be big lava trenches throuh barrens yes?...life grp thingy a lowbee into it then fly out & watch him squirm
    Omg you're so cool owning "lowbies".

Leap of Faith to me as a dps sounds like an absolute nightmare. I wouldn't mind it in the hands of good priests, but now imagine any random pug... T_T

Other than that, we'll have to see how these priest changes work out. Mind Spike seems a bit vague still.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque
    Omg you're so cool owning "lowbies".

Leap of Faith to me as a dps sounds like an absolute nightmare. I wouldn't mind it in the hands of good priests, but now imagine any random pug... T_T

Other than that, we'll have to see how these priest changes work out. Mind Spike seems a bit vague still.
    Honestly, what pugs do you guys run where people randomly act devious to ruin your fun? This sounds like a nightmare in and of itself. Server xfer, dude. Seriously.

In a world where servers can pug 10/12 10 ICC10 (and close to that in 25), you shouldn't be worried about SOME CRAZY PRIEST life gripping you into.... what. Fire? You mean the fire he has to sit in to grip you into it?

Stop being so paranoid.

Lots of crying about a priest potentially being able to grip you off a cliff, but no mention (only made 11 pages thru this) of a priest being potentially able to save you when Mr Shaman blows you off the same cliff...

I'm sad about the party or raid member only part. Would be great tool to remove those people who park their mammouth over mailboxes, quest givers, quest items, flight masters etc.

Will be nice to get rid of people who sit on the fish feast/mage table in raids though.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not really impressed by these shadow changes....

If MS spam does the same damage like SW:P & Flay spam... this spell is useless unless you are locked out of shadow school.

In some situations Life Grip could be awesome.
    Adds pop, tank doesn't see them, healer aggro, *ding* come here my tank puppet !

10+ Year Old Account

Very pleased overall. Nice logical changes.

Life grip sounds too good for PVP though, I'm sure it will be changed somewhat. Shame because it would be quite useful (situational) PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Deos
    life grip is some annoying and weird stuff.. i thought the rule was that oyu can not CC friendly targets ever, period. And this IS a kind of CC, movement imparing effect. I know im going to be pissed as all hell if someone would ever use it on me.
    DI and BoP come to mind as spells that already do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencho
    Finally, the road to revenge over the Rogues is clear!!
    But really this will be an awesome PuG moron controller.
    Vanish says "hi". You can kill fury Warriors, Ret Pallies, and DKs all you want though :-)