Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Cant wait for the "Dumbest thing you've done while raiding". I accidently hit the Life Grip key instead of Greater heal on the MT who was tanking a cleave boss.

Deleted

The mind spike looks cool. Guess it will work a bit like scorch. Not something you use in your rotation, but it's very useful in pvp, against trash/adds and while soloing. Priests wont rely much on shadow wordain either for the short nuke.

Inner will seems very situational. Much like unholy pressence is today I guess. The good priest will often find this useful. Will separate the good and the bads.

Leap of faith.. Not much to say. Will be GREAT in both pvp and pve. Hope that they make it a shadow or a discipline spell. Another spell to separate the good and the bad priests.

The change to hots, dots and healing in general is also very great. I like the healing change the most. Seems like they're going back to the way healing worked in tbc and classic, where over healing actually mattered.
    I thought of going back to healing more in Cataclysm, like I did in tbc. Both the holy and the discipline changes seems to be great (Chakra, radiance and power word: barrier anyone?). If I had the chance, I would be playing all 3 specs just for PvE.

The shadow orbs seems cool too, guess it'll work like shadow weaving.

I was hoping for spell haste instead of spell crit for shadow passive though.

Not really impressed though, lots of disc love, almost no holy love, especially if you compare to for example shamans and where's the compensation for the nerfs to poh/coh?

I like disc in pve but this way I might as well start rerolling to a hybrid if i want to stay a raidhealer, its too soon to judge but the signs arent very good so im praying for at least a new spell thats usefull (seeing as shammies got a coh style spell i wouldnt mind to get a chainheal like spell)

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Life Grip! Different types of shields! An actual Power Word: Barrier! All sound like good, logical evolution of priests imo. Here's hoping that Leap of Faith doesn't end up something that's dropped halfway through the beta for something far less interesting.
    I can already picture mongs screwing with you in pvp and pulling you out of your enemies way just to be a douche.
    While it has potential and makes sense as a priest spell, it would make sense if it required the target to be at low health before it could work, below 50% atleast.

Life Grip sounds so exploitable.

"Hey, come watch me jump off this cliff"
    *Jump, Levitate, Life Grip*
    "See you at the bottom!"

Life Grip is a bad idea. But give it to a kid and you have yourself an annoyance.

life grip does sounds pretty awesome, but I smell nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousFox
    Life Grip sounds so exploitable.

"Hey, come watch me jump off this cliff"
    *Jump, Levitate, Life Grip*
    "See you at the bottom!"
    It. wont. work.

Read. the. rest. of. the. thread.

Please?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Late post but ist shitloads to read here:P

Quote Originally Posted by Requiembcn
    Raiding Shadow Priest here:
    Ok...

What the SP gets: Mind Spike lvl 81. just LAME:
    "Spamming Mind Spike will do about as much damage as casting Mind Flay on a target afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain."
    With 1.5 secs cast, way faster than Mind Flay, ther SP is loosing his ultra-cool-facemelter in favor of Mind Spike (can't see a reason to use Mind Flay now, except for the porpouse of renewing SW:P on target) .
    "Mind Spike" is a spell that I (if not all raiding SPriests) have wanted for ages.
    They also mention that "Mind Spike" will not be in your "static" DPS rotation. It will be a "go to spell" when you need to kill an add fast (Bone Spikes on Marrowgar for example).

Misery goes : Alright Blizzard, better increase our DPS or else... who will want a SP in their raid setup?, with all our support abilities already in other classes...
    You should be ontop of all damage meters... Might have a fight with rogues but you should be there... ... Isnt that reason enough?

Anyways... Alot will change so i dont see why ppl go all "OHHH I WANT NOW... GRIP PPL OVER EDGES HIHI I'M SO EEEVUUUULLL"... first of all... as a milion posts already say... wont work... Then we got the fun fact that this is a spell that drags FRIENDLY targets... Why whould you want to kill a friendly target? No wonder ppl lose BGs if ur thinking of killing your own team-mates...

Still hoping for a DPS CD, will see...

Libi out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobrajin
    Life Grip is a bad idea. But give it to a kid and you have yourself an annoyance.
    It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't make a showcase out of it as if it's a super useful class-defining ability; it's a freakin' gimmick ability and (possibly) one that will be used to annoy other players.

This is not what I expected from a class review/overall.

ZOMG PW:Barrier and Leap of Faith OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.
    Inner will sounds random though, when will it ever be better than +SP from Inner Fire? And I hope that bigger, more expensive shield is implemented.
    But will Disc priests want spirit now? and does that mean that our icc gear won't last long at all?
    Anal jokes will never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by dscherli
    ZOMG PW:Barrier and Leap of Faith OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.
    Inner will sounds random though, when will it ever be better than +SP from Inner Fire? And I hope that bigger, more expensive shield is implemented.
    But will Disc priests want spirit now? and does that mean that our icc gear won't last long at all?
    They are completely redoing ALL gear in Cata, so i bet you see lots of ICC gear redone to so that its still useful.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Wow..

No one so far has voiced the concern which we [b]already have, namely a very short cast Direct Damage spell clipping below the GCD.
    Mind Spike does nothing to fix this issue with the 1.5s cast.
    It needs to get to 2.5s cast with talents for reduction, or ludiciously outperform Mind Flay in damage/scaling.

Not to forget, the fact that we were promised a nuke, not another freakin' ramp-up spell.'

[Edit after reviewing:] Sure, I'd like "burn" button, but I'll still lay down a VT for the extra ticks (it hits like a truck), and for that part, what I'm hoping for is an actual C/D.
    As opposed to the retarded Shadowfiend..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sl
    So you just see mages running up to the boss going "AGGHHH"
    and everyone else being like, "What.. what are you doing?"
    "CDS UP BRO DONT WORRY, AHHHPEWPEWPEPEW"

i am so disappointed with these lame fucking changes.i dont give a shit for the grip and the sp boost,holy priest is gonna be the worst healer in this damn expansion by far...

inner will seems a bit low tbh... i mean 12% movement speed and 10% mana on spells... lets consider valithria : a fight with many mobs in which raid members take low to medium dmg . This is a fight where i see this working nicely but other than that i doubt ppl will go for inner will over inner fire.

im curious to see how you plan on fixing sw:d ... imo best way to go is just set up a talent for mind spike to just do extra 15% dmg or so when target is below 25-30% ... sw:d atm is fail and i don`t really see a resolution for it

why is it such a big deal that priest get life grip but dks have been having it. i dont know how their cooldown is on it but still. they are mele for them to grip you to them is a big deal to do their damage. but priest are ranged we can get people at ranged anyway. so we can drop people off of cliffs so can alot of other classes and i havent heard so much qq about it. we can already mindcontrol off of cliffs anyway. druids and shammans can use an instant aoe to knock people off of cliffs.

and why is everyone so obsessed about the life grip to forget they are nurfing our spirit yet again. they are getting rid of uses of any buffs having to do with spirit or they going to do the same with other classes that rely on their stats. doesnt seem fair to me. besides the screwing us over our spirit yet again, i love the other changes made to priest. we should be the best healers hand down.

p.s are they going to fix the retarted amount of gear competion healing priest have to go against when other healers dont have that problem.

So blizz wants to get rid of talents that give passive increase in damage, so they give us these shadow orbs; which increase shadow damage done. Shadow weaving with a new graphic? I do like the new talents, but Im still hoping that they will be more refined for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Outis
    i didn't read all the posts, so this may already have been brought up...

unless life grip has some kind of threat wipe or reduction associated, i can see this being problematic in raids. supposed a dps pulls threat and boss turns to attack. if priest grips the dps and pulls him away, without a thread reduction/wipe won't the boss just follow the gripped DPS and potentially cause more problems?
    The dps classes have nothting other to do than watch their threat. I hope to god they are not gonna put even that burden on the healing classes now....

This ability has very limited usage is in its current form - sounds alot like a PVP counter to DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Life grip is going to be hilarious.
    This.

I really, really, really cannot wait to play with it... it's going to be a total blast! :-D

*Schemes about ways to annoy tanks and melee dps types...*

Quote Originally Posted by malaficent
    why is it such a big deal that priest get life grip but dks have been having it. i dont know how their cooldown is on it but still. they are mele for them to grip you to them is a big deal to do their damage. but priest are ranged we can get people at ranged anyway. so we can drop people off of cliffs so can alot of other classes and i havent heard so much qq about it. we can already mindcontrol off of cliffs anyway. druids and shammans can use an instant aoe to knock people off of cliffs.

and why is everyone so obsessed about the life grip to forget they are nurfing our spirit yet again. they are getting rid of uses of any buffs having to do with spirit or they going to do the same with other classes that rely on their stats. doesnt seem fair to me. besides the screwing us over our spirit yet again, i love the other changes made to priest. we should be the best healers hand down.

p.s are they going to fix the retarted amount of gear competion healing priest have to go against when other healers dont have that problem.
    We knew that spirit nerf was coming. They claim that healers will have to watch their mana now... At the same time dps classes burn mana and treat as fast as they click their buttons totally regardless of anything. Soon it sounds to me that as long as you have got 5 decent healers and 1 tank you will be topping heroic 25 man on your server. DMG classes just have to show up it seems.