Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

You cannot cast Death Grip while jumping, right?
    So, why would you be able to cast Life Grip while jumping off a clip?

But looking forward to it anyway, awesome for Arena PvP
    Topic: World 3rd LK HC Kill by a North Korean guild:
    Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    I highly doubt it is North Korea. As the vast majority of them live as europeans did 160 years ago, the only real progression being tractors.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    *Schemes about ways to kill tanks and melee dps types...*
    fixed!

Having a spriest main and six other 80s, I was underwhelmed by the future priest changes in comparison to the restoration shaman changes. The casting while running CD and the 2 second cast 'healing rain' (puts a hot in the targetable area) are extremely unique and fun ways to solve/relieve some Rshaman and elemental issues. Leap of faith seems like it will cause more issues than it will solve, because people rarely pull threat in ICC, and non-tanks are hopefully topped off within two seconds. I can imagine a holy paladin Holy Lighting a tank in 10m only to be gripped by a priest. Spriests would appreciate a cool CD, since we only have Sfiend breaking our rotation (and hopefully starting it as well). Warlocks got more than a few nifty toys to play with; where's ours!

Man those changes look pretty sweet. Also, not sure if anyone noticed because I can't be bothered to read all 24 pages but those comments about hit requirement variability based on group comp would seem to indicate that draenei are losing their nice hit aura racial.

people were (hope we wont see another "omg life grip grief" post) whining because spell affects friendly targets <free will to move> and they cant spank you back as they can with dks. But it is not a valid arguement as most likely you wont be able to use it out of the group or combat, not to mention pathing problem.

But I can see a little problem at start with huge ego priests in random dungeon succesfully griefing under geared or noobish player by correcting his every move. Plus might end up hilarious as when there will be a disagreement about tactics for the first time player can kind of try to force his idea. Which will ofcourse lead to ultimate failure of the party unless the rest decide to pass for sake of clear run. But all this is pointless as we can KICK the stupid priest out of the party and get another healer with awsome healing rain who will turn on "it is raining man" music and everyone will live happily ever after

and yes people will make hilarious youtube videos using lifegrip during pug raid encounters, but anyone raiding pug in cataclysm would be silly considering new guild system.

I really hope life grip gets to life servers. With all the precautions and blizzard being such a babysiter to players community wow is getting even more boring. In my opinion THIS IS THE FUN STUFF!!!!!!!!!(no real griffing will be possible we already got that) DO you honestly think that video of touren dks playing around with gnome using death grip is not funny?? Or how they closed bank in dalaran with fireworks launchers?

if they were so protective from the very start of wow some of the most hilarious moments wouldn't happen.
    Quote from: Sirsimeon on April 10, 2010, 12:00:49 pm
    can shammies please stop QQing? We are SUPPOSED to do more damage than shamans because we are PURE ffs.
    Virginity ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Kobrajin
    Life Grip is a bad idea. But give it to a kid and you have yourself an annoyance.
    I have to be quite an honest here and wonder what kids in their right mind play Priests? Even if it's just players playing Shadow for the cloth bubble and the melee destroying talents and spells I don't think anyone has to worry much; it sounds like it would come with a "you cannot cast this while in Shadowform" penalty. I've found that a lot of the Priest playerbase is quite mature, although jaded and cynical after the levels of abuse they've endured playing a Priest and possibly a bit mental with a few exceptions (there always is).

I'd like to point out that the last time I checked, Death Grip doesn't work if the DK is moving. I'm certain that this same rule would also apply to Priests levitating off a cliff for the exact same reasons it doesn't work with Death Grip. There are so many decent applications for this spell I have to say I'm impressed - your healing target in say, WSG is rooted while holding the flag, you have no chance to dispel it and there's no sign of a Paladin giving them Hand of Freedom and 2 Warrior's just popped Bladestorm - no worries, Leap of Faith is here to save the day. In PvE the first thing that comes to mind is how many times you get that odd disconnecting key player and inevitably fire or whatever spawns on top of them and you're helpless to watch. With my rocket boots and Leap of Faith I could swing to the other side of the room that's quiet, away from everyone else and hopefully buy them a few seconds and prevent someone dying and maybe even a wipe without even casting a single heal spell just by doing that.

It is a fantastic idea with many positive possibilities. I think people are overlooking that Priests currently don't have any class specific speed increasing abilities (aside from the Holy talent for 4 seconds burst speed), unlike Shamans, Druids and even Paladins to a degree (Crusader Aura, and a few who bother speccing into Pursuit of Justice) which can be annoying when we can see someone who's in trouble, we know we could use our powerful Priest abilities to save them, but we know we don't have a hope in hell of reaching them in time.

And Inner Fire without charges? Yes please. I like the new Inner Focus too, having a Hunter main I can't wait to see the kiting avenues this opens up on my Priest. The changes to the Holy healing focus sounds great too, I might actually enjoy using it in PvE for a change. Not too sure about making it viable for PvP though, what exactly is Blizzard's intention with how Holy should work in PvP? The talents like Blessed Resillience are alright but essentially just not enough compared to a deep pvp Disc spec with all the extra utility it provides (improved Mana Burn and Mass Dispel, a heavy emphasis on shielding making your healing more effiecient and your instant casts such as dispels, dots and Penance costing less which counts in protracted fights but they want to move away from this I understand).

Some glyphs that have a PvE and a PvP version for the same spell would be nice.

I also think people are overlooking how nice Leap of Faith could be to help optimize melee dps in raids too. For example;

Generic Raiding Guild are deep in battle with Evil Bad Guy on 25 man Smelly Castle. This raid boss has different phases, everyone is in position, but there is an element of uncertaintity involved. There will be Wee Bastard spawns, adds that spawn from random locations in the boss room and they must be quickly killed and/or picked up by tanks before they give the Evil Bad Guy a stacking buff of You Smell, which will cause a wipe.

Now, say there's 3 Priests in the raid; 1 Disc, 1 Holy, 1 Shadow. A couple of the melee dps, say 1 rogue and 1 death knight, who's job it is to switch from the boss and then attack the adds, are watching their DBM addon and see the timer and where the adds are spawing and do not want to lose too much vital dps on the Evil Bad Guy ask the 2 healing Priests to grip them and drag them over since they are standing closer to the adds than they are over Ventrillo. DK is Unholy and moves faster back to the boss with his presence and Rogue is Subtley and jumps back behind the boss after the adds are down.

Next time, just before the adds spawn, the Holy priest dies! Oh no! But this time the Shadowpriest takes over and grips the rogue over to calmy keep taking care of the adds, while the Holy priest continues healing in SoR form and then gets a CR from a druid and Generic Raiding Guild eventually down the boss. Hooray!

Another class it would synchronise well with would be Warlocks, especially the new Hellfire aoeing Destro locks. A bunch of rubbish spawns, you need a bunch of powerful aoe fast, the lock tells you to grip him over, he nukes Hellfire and then he uses his teleport spell to go back to where he was.

It's got massive potential to be an incredibly useful PvP and PvE utility.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Life grip is the answer to that one guy who can't make the thaddius jump. IMO it's a great idea; it's the only talent that can actually save people from falling (not counting lock portals), if you do it right. Priests get all of the interesting healing tools.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    Life grip is the answer to that one guy who can't make the thaddius jump. IMO it's a great idea; it's the only talent that can actually save people from falling (not counting lock portals), if you do it right. Priests get all of the interesting healing tools.
    Disengage can stop Hunters dying from falls too, but it is incredibly tricky to get it just right.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    This.

I really, really, really cannot wait to play with it... it's going to be a total blast! :-D

*Schemes about ways to annoy tanks and melee dps types...*
    this is why i sighed when i read the ability. because people are going to be dicks about using a new toy. "GET OVER HERE" macros will be reinvented for priests, all i can pray is that shadowstep will be streamlined to counter douchebaggery such as this

what tree will life grip belong to? will it be disc so that a shadow priest can use it? or holy so that id have to come out of shadowform :S

I think life grip sounds like a great idea, and hilarious at times, I'm sure.

Those saying that there should never be any type of friendly ability that might negatively hamper another party member should remember that paladins have had hand of protection and divine intervention for a very long time and they only lead to minimal luls.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by anatreon
    "it is raining man" music and everyone will live happily ever after
    I nominate "Its raining men" as the shaman class song

life grip will also be handy for getting an ally to u fast to get that rogue off ur arse

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING.

ITS BEEN SAID THAT IT WONT WORK LIKE THIS DUE TO THE POSITIONING MECHANICS OF THE GAME I CANT FERAL CHARGE YOU WHILE YOU ARE IN MID AIR.

I CAN NOT DEATH GRIP YOU WHILE IN MID AIR.

IT

DOESN'T

WORK

THAT

WAY.

Dude could we guy a giant 24 point bold underlined letters on the front page explaining how death grip works so people will stop with the same crap over and over and over again?
    I lol'd seeing this. I agree though more than half the people qqq'ing here either haven't understood the mechanics of such a spell or are a melee dps only concerned about his static loldps on the boss wether he dies or not or lastly and probably the majority of people who can't deal with another class but their own getting a cool spell.

I embrace this spell it looks fabulous. Before you ask what is fabulous about it is how we are going to be able to save your dps obsessed or slow ass's. As for the rest its like any other class...there is abilities with which you can screw up a raid with...keep doing it and you will very probably have noone to raid with and also noone to grip.

gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Nømeansnø
    Having a spriest main and six other 80s, I was underwhelmed by the future priest changes in comparison to the restoration shaman changes. The casting while running CD and the 2 second cast 'healing rain' (puts a hot in the targetable area) are extremely unique and fun ways to solve/relieve some Rshaman and elemental issues. Leap of faith seems like it will cause more issues than it will solve, because people rarely pull threat in ICC, and non-tanks are hopefully topped off within two seconds. I can imagine a holy paladin Holy Lighting a tank in 10m only to be gripped by a priest. Spriests would appreciate a cool CD, since we only have Sfiend breaking our rotation (and hopefully starting it as well). Warlocks got more than a few nifty toys to play with; where's ours!
    This.

lord I can see priests using life grip just because and get everyone confused ;D

Deleted

Sorry but i love the idea of a reserve Deathgrip in PVP. You or your Rouge got feared? Sprint on CD? LIFE GRIP!

In pve its meh. Im not gona waste a cd on someone who is too stupid to move. Maybe if hes standing in Fire while stunned. PVE wise the shamans look better with the little info we have.

Generic Raiding Guild are deep in battle with Evil Bad Guy on 25 man Smelly Castle. This raid boss has different phases, everyone is in position, but there is an element of uncertaintity involved. There will be Wee Bastard spawns, adds that spawn from random locations in the boss room and they must be quickly killed and/or picked up by tanks before they give the Evil Bad Guy a stacking buff of You Smell, which will cause a wipe.
    That was awesome. Do you read TVTropes.org by any chance?

Man!! I read the name "Leap of Faith" and I got all excited. For ages I have wanted a way to be able speed myself up and get into a bad situation to circle of healing or what not. But no. Leap of Faith is far from a leap of faith as it is more of a Divine Tractorbeam. Thanks blizz... I really wanted to be a freaking alien! I wanna cast a spell. I cast Divine Abduction! Beam me up priesty... lol

At the same time... I guess it will be cool for how it is now going to be the priests job keep the nubs out of the fire.

"Yo Nub, You are about to get pwned by that Baddy's frontal cone... Oh f it. *casts life grip*"

Do you have any idea how annoying life grip is going to be? Giving players the option to death grip friendly targets?? Does blizz not know what kind of people play this game? Sigh...
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented