Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nømeansnø
    Having a spriest main and six other 80s, I was underwhelmed by the future priest changes in comparison to the restoration shaman changes. The casting while running CD and the 2 second cast 'healing rain' (puts a hot in the targetable area) are extremely unique and fun ways to solve/relieve some Rshaman and elemental issues. Leap of faith seems like it will cause more issues than it will solve, because people rarely pull threat in ICC, and non-tanks are hopefully topped off within two seconds. I can imagine a holy paladin Holy Lighting a tank in 10m only to be gripped by a priest. Spriests would appreciate a cool CD, since we only have Sfiend breaking our rotation (and hopefully starting it as well). Warlocks got more than a few nifty toys to play with; where's ours!
    This.

lord I can see priests using life grip just because and get everyone confused ;D

Sorry but i love the idea of a reserve Deathgrip in PVP. You or your Rouge got feared? Sprint on CD? LIFE GRIP!

In pve its meh. Im not gona waste a cd on someone who is too stupid to move. Maybe if hes standing in Fire while stunned. PVE wise the shamans look better with the little info we have.

Generic Raiding Guild are deep in battle with Evil Bad Guy on 25 man Smelly Castle. This raid boss has different phases, everyone is in position, but there is an element of uncertaintity involved. There will be Wee Bastard spawns, adds that spawn from random locations in the boss room and they must be quickly killed and/or picked up by tanks before they give the Evil Bad Guy a stacking buff of You Smell, which will cause a wipe.
    That was awesome. Do you read TVTropes.org by any chance?

Man!! I read the name "Leap of Faith" and I got all excited. For ages I have wanted a way to be able speed myself up and get into a bad situation to circle of healing or what not. But no. Leap of Faith is far from a leap of faith as it is more of a Divine Tractorbeam. Thanks blizz... I really wanted to be a freaking alien! I wanna cast a spell. I cast Divine Abduction! Beam me up priesty... lol

At the same time... I guess it will be cool for how it is now going to be the priests job keep the nubs out of the fire.

"Yo Nub, You are about to get pwned by that Baddy's frontal cone... Oh f it. *casts life grip*"

Do you have any idea how annoying life grip is going to be? Giving players the option to death grip friendly targets?? Does blizz not know what kind of people play this game? Sigh...
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Neither Inner Fire nor Inner Will has charges. The decision is on which armor you want up at the time.
    Finally!!!

we can finally stop screaming at dps for staying at flames and actually pull them away from it, and a new way for a priest to cause a wipe by gripping the tank when he is bored/pissed off/got his loot ninjad xD

I really like these priest changes.

I completely retired my priest a few seasons ago b/c he was too boring. This might just get me excited to play him again.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

??? ??? ??? so a preist is gonna be able to jump off lm or high moutains... and lifegrip someone down?...

kill your own ppl?... u can choose to levi yourself and not them and watch them fall to their death?

Quote Originally Posted by kogon12
    ??? ??? ??? so a preist is gonna be able to jump off lm or high moutains... and lifegrip someone down?...

kill your own ppl?... u can choose to levi yourself and not them and watch them fall to their death?
    interesting idea... which i doubt we would be able to do anyway :P

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar

Think how deathgrip works currently then make a post again.

Again and again the same "problem" at lumber mill... Do you know that priests already have Mind Control? How many priests will kill a mate instead of an enemy?

If that useless trick is the only problem with Leap of Faith Blizzard will make the spell not castable while falling, and this includes levitate.

The Patient

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyangel
    we can finally stop screaming at dps for staying at flames and actually pull them away from it, and a new way for a priest to cause a wipe by gripping the tank when he is bored/pissed off/got his loot ninjad xD
    I guess I need to develop a more masochist side because I see absolutely no fun in becoming even more of a nanny running after retarded children than I already am.

Lifegrip could be a useful tool for SPriests (if usable in form). The ability to pull a healer to you has far more uses than pulling a DPSer to you. Healers are much more likely to be focus fired, and your ability to effectively peel your resto shaman is clutch. Sadly, though, if this functions like deathgrip, you're left with naught to do when they're stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976
    I guess I need to develop a more masochist side because I see absolutely no fun in becoming even more of a nanny running after retarded children than I already am.
    This. I'll use Grip in PVP or if some sorta strat uses it in PVE in the new raids. But if you stand in fire I will neither grip you nor heal you for very long.
    Anal jokes will never get old.

hahahah life leap. Now I can always blame the priest for not gripping me OR for gripping me into shit.

# We want to improve Shadow for short fights and reduce its susceptibility to school lockouts.
    I wonder if paladins will get another school as well?

# Divine Spirit and Prayer of Spirit will be removed from the game. As Spirit will be the primary mana-regeneration stat, we don't want it to vary as much between solo, small group, and raid play. Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild will not boost Spirit either.
    This means Blessing of Wisdom is removed for paladins, Probebly Blessing of Might will work like Horn of the Winter. And kings will be as it is, exept that it wont improve spirit.

One thing I kinda wonder tho, is any other class getting Bloodlust?!?!?!?! Hopefully paladins, I thought warriors should get it cuz it feels like it fits them, but we'll see.

the answer to almost every question of "But why would they bring me?" should be "Because you know what the hell you're doing."

Reading these changes has made me really want to roll a priest in Cata.

Mainly for the life grip lols.

Annoying mage casting a long spell.... whoops soz bro did I interupt your cast, mah bad bro did i broke your dps?

Shields up, run into the green stuff.... ah geez man did I just get you killed? Shit man must of been lag cause on my screen I was saving you.

Tank tanking a cleaving/frontal breath boss... Ahhh shit guys I really didn't mean to grip the tank and turn the boss and get you all killed, just having a bad day is all

Ohhh that looks like a biiiig fall - levitate - jump - life grip - SPLAT

That being said... shit I should probably stop trying to kill my priest friends when tanking because I know I've got some life grip deaths coming :'(

there is a good chance it wont come out to live anyway, we wowers would spend so many hours trying to figure out how to use a new spell to piss of others..... DK water walking mass murder during the fall to anub? xD