Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Neither Inner Fire nor Inner Will has charges. The decision is on which armor you want up at the time.
    Finally!!!

we can finally stop screaming at dps for staying at flames and actually pull them away from it, and a new way for a priest to cause a wipe by gripping the tank when he is bored/pissed off/got his loot ninjad xD

I really like these priest changes.

I completely retired my priest a few seasons ago b/c he was too boring. This might just get me excited to play him again.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

??? ??? ??? so a preist is gonna be able to jump off lm or high moutains... and lifegrip someone down?...

kill your own ppl?... u can choose to levi yourself and not them and watch them fall to their death?

Quote Originally Posted by kogon12
    ??? ??? ??? so a preist is gonna be able to jump off lm or high moutains... and lifegrip someone down?...

kill your own ppl?... u can choose to levi yourself and not them and watch them fall to their death?
    interesting idea... which i doubt we would be able to do anyway :P

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Think how deathgrip works currently then make a post again.

Again and again the same "problem" at lumber mill... Do you know that priests already have Mind Control? How many priests will kill a mate instead of an enemy?

If that useless trick is the only problem with Leap of Faith Blizzard will make the spell not castable while falling, and this includes levitate.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyangel
    we can finally stop screaming at dps for staying at flames and actually pull them away from it, and a new way for a priest to cause a wipe by gripping the tank when he is bored/pissed off/got his loot ninjad xD
    I guess I need to develop a more masochist side because I see absolutely no fun in becoming even more of a nanny running after retarded children than I already am.

Lifegrip could be a useful tool for SPriests (if usable in form). The ability to pull a healer to you has far more uses than pulling a DPSer to you. Healers are much more likely to be focus fired, and your ability to effectively peel your resto shaman is clutch. Sadly, though, if this functions like deathgrip, you're left with naught to do when they're stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976
    I guess I need to develop a more masochist side because I see absolutely no fun in becoming even more of a nanny running after retarded children than I already am.
    This. I'll use Grip in PVP or if some sorta strat uses it in PVE in the new raids. But if you stand in fire I will neither grip you nor heal you for very long.
    Anal jokes will never get old.

hahahah life leap. Now I can always blame the priest for not gripping me OR for gripping me into shit.

# We want to improve Shadow for short fights and reduce its susceptibility to school lockouts.
    I wonder if paladins will get another school as well?

# Divine Spirit and Prayer of Spirit will be removed from the game. As Spirit will be the primary mana-regeneration stat, we don't want it to vary as much between solo, small group, and raid play. Blessing of Kings and Mark of the Wild will not boost Spirit either.
    This means Blessing of Wisdom is removed for paladins, Probebly Blessing of Might will work like Horn of the Winter. And kings will be as it is, exept that it wont improve spirit.

One thing I kinda wonder tho, is any other class getting Bloodlust?!?!?!?! Hopefully paladins, I thought warriors should get it cuz it feels like it fits them, but we'll see.

the answer to almost every question of "But why would they bring me?" should be "Because you know what the hell you're doing."

Reading these changes has made me really want to roll a priest in Cata.

Mainly for the life grip lols.

Annoying mage casting a long spell.... whoops soz bro did I interupt your cast, mah bad bro did i broke your dps?

Shields up, run into the green stuff.... ah geez man did I just get you killed? Shit man must of been lag cause on my screen I was saving you.

Tank tanking a cleaving/frontal breath boss... Ahhh shit guys I really didn't mean to grip the tank and turn the boss and get you all killed, just having a bad day is all

Ohhh that looks like a biiiig fall - levitate - jump - life grip - SPLAT

That being said... shit I should probably stop trying to kill my priest friends when tanking because I know I've got some life grip deaths coming :'(

there is a good chance it wont come out to live anyway, we wowers would spend so many hours trying to figure out how to use a new spell to piss of others..... DK water walking mass murder during the fall to anub? xD

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_USRNAME
    Reading these changes has made me really want to roll a priest in Cata.

Tank tanking a cleaving/frontal breath boss... Ahhh shit guys I really didn't mean to grip the tank and turn the boss and get you all killed, just having a bad day is all
    yeah was thinking about that, ooops missclick!
    Viction one of Pew Pew Tarren Mill's finest!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    Grip of Faith !

I can only imagine a BG where a DK grips you in and your fellow Priest grips you out !

"Omg guys can you stop griping me and lemme DPS ?"
    hahaha yeah i can see that one happening.

anywhoo DK's have "Death Grip", which are corrupted Pala's am I right?.. so to me it makes more sence a pala wud get "Life Grip" not that palas aint OP enuff anyway. but it just occured to me.

EDIT: sorry if this is newbish 8)

yes more healing

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup
    hahaha yeah i can see that one happening.

anywhoo DK's have "Death Grip", which are corrupted Pala's am I right?.. so to me it makes more sence a pala wud get "Life Grip" not that palas aint OP enuff anyway. but it just occured to me.

EDIT: sorry if this is newbish 8)
    Arthas was a Paladin that became corrupted and a DK, that doesn't mean that all DKs used to be paladins. The fact that any race can be a DK but not any race can be a paladin should kind of be a hint...

Quote Originally Posted by Mub
    life grip MT for the lulz.
    can be fun on cleave bosses XD
    haha did not think of that but this is rly gonna by fun

wow!