molten armor in next expansion

After reading some of the changes they are planning for next expansion, one came blaring out. Spirit will no longer be converted into crit for mages. basically spirit will be useless to us once again and from what i understand none of our gear will even have spirit. So if this is the case what u guys think they gonna do with molten armor? I think they gonna put it back to where it was before wotlk but maybe not as much of a buff to crit as it was originally

15+ Year Old Account

Re: molten armor in next expansion

Either they bring back the 5% flat crit from the armor or they convert another stat to crit, or change it completely.

I'm hoping all the armors get reworked. As it stands now we've got 1 pve armor (molten) one pvp armor (ice) and one useless armor (mage). I'd like to see the armors each synergize with their respective trees, so arcane mages would use mage armor, fire would use molten, and frost would use ice. Have them play off of each tree's masteries (which I hope are a little more innovative than the lock ones...though knowing blizzard it's not likely)

Quote Originally Posted by IamTheJesusMonk
    I'm hoping all the armors get reworked. As it stands now we've got 1 pve armor (molten) one pvp armor (ice) and one useless armor (mage). I'd like to see the armors each synergize with their respective trees, so arcane mages would use mage armor, fire would use molten, and frost would use ice. Have them play off of each tree's masteries (which I hope are a little more innovative than the lock ones...though knowing blizzard it's not likely)
    What?

Allow me to clarify so I don't come off as a douche.

Mage armor is the best PVP armor spell. you use only ice armor when 1v1ing a melee class.

On topic:

Make them the same as stances, auras, pressences. no mana cost to switch your armor and give us a little stance bar for them.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Dodgin
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/67679/

Quote Originally Posted by IamTheJesusMonk
    That's a dirty lie. Mage armor isn't useless.

It makes the Forgemaster Garfrost fight easy!

Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara300
    It makes the Forgemaster Garfrost fight easy!
    ...wait...it was hard?
    (But mage armor rules. It could increase dps by keep you from dying to magical aoe)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgin
    What?

Allow me to clarify so I don't come off as a douche.

Mage armor is the best PVP armor spell. you use only ice armor when 1v1ing a melee class.
    Well admittedly I don't pvp very much..but when I do I tend to notice ice armor being more useful to me than mage.

*shrug* chalk it up to lack of experience in that facet of the game i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    ...wait...it was hard?
    (But mage armor rules. It could increase dps by keep you from dying to magical aoe)
    Easi-er

Easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

This is also useless, hopefully they either remove it or just rename it Ice Armor.

Well instead of spirit giving us crit, o idk, maybe they will have intellect give us more crit than it doesnt currently. This isnt rocket science people. If they dont give molten armor back its flat % to crit, then it will prob be a % of our intellect converted into crit when molten armor is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    This is also useless, hopefully they either remove it or just rename it Ice Armor.
    Ice Armor is essentially higher ranks of Frost Armor, I'm assuming Frost Armor goes away like all the ranks does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgin
    It's not really that cut and dry. If you're the focus target of a 2 melee 1 healer team, using mage armor is a terrible idea.