Thread: "Chakra"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezumi
    If Priest is low on health it will turn into a Demon Fox then?
    Nope, when he is close to totally enrage.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

  2. #42

    Re: "Chakra"

    My guess is it will be a timed buff, say 30 second duration.
    The buff will be obtained by charges, so you will have a combo meter or sorts.
    Once you obtain 3 charges of a type (single, aoe, damage), you enter your Chakra state.
    If you cast something else before Chakra occurs, you reset your combo meter.
    Once Chakra is activated, for the next 30 seconds, any spell that fits the current Chakra will have an increased effect while other spells will be normal.
    If you cast another type of spell 3 times in a row during Chakra, you get combo points towards that different Chakra, then when you hit 3 your Chakra changes.

    Could be a fun dynamic if it plays along these lines and would make it very interesting.
    Priests would juggle Chakras making sure that they have one up the whole fight as well as keeping everyone alive.

    I would expect flashy fun symbols above the priest's head to help identify Chakras.

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Rhys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,707

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Let me make that clear again before it happens:

    Any Naruto images or similiar things will get you banned.
    Believe it!

    OT: This new feature is relevant to my interests.
    Also, shouldn't this have been posted on the sticky?
    I've hidden all your signatures, so nyeh.

  4. #44

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    No kidding! What's with all this Naruto stuff? I thought everyone knew that Chakra was originally featured as Xena's weapon ;-) (hey, at least Lucy Lawless is hot)
    That is a chackram and has nothing to do with chakra (it's not even pronounced the same).

    And seriously, what is that hardon against Naruto? So some people learned of chackra from an anime, big deal, the pics would still be fun and do not need to derail the thread.

  5. #45

    Re: "Chakra"

    Hurr, Naruto invented the term "chakra". Hinduism? What's that?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

  6. #46

    Re: "Chakra"

    I'm curious how Chakra is going to play out. After reading it the first time(mind you, this was at 2 in the morning), I was sort of like "huh?". But now that I've looked at it a bit more it seems like it could be interesting. I'm also wondering if it'll be in a place where a disc priest can get it.


  7. #47

    Re: "Chakra"

    I never said Chakra was invented in Naruto did I?
    I meant when someone writes or says chakra, my mind is immediatley going to Naruto, aswell as when you hear or read the word epic, you probably think of WoW.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

  8. #48

    Re: "Chakra"

    I am going to have to go against both Blizzard and the majority of commenters here, who say Chakra will improve Priest versatility. I could easily see this being a horrible mechanism that turns priests into single spell spammers like current paladins.

    Talents like Light's Grace for palas that improve the next cast of the same spell tends is what has made paladins become either HL spammers or FoL spammers.

    Chakra could become the same thing for priests. So you get designated to be CoH/PoH spammer, stack up your chakra before pull, then have to stick to spamming those. or you get assigned to Flash Heal (or Heal or GH) spam and are expected to stick to that.

    How the heck is that improving the "versatile" character of priests???

    Talents that do encourage you to mix and match different spells are this who give you a boost to ANOTHER spell after casting a certain one, not talents that lock you into spamming one type of spells.

    I don't get it how Blizz is thinking here.

  9. #49
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996

    Re: "Chakra"

    bregtann, that's not what it says at all. If you read farther down, it basically says that we cast single target heals, which would probably include Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, and maybe Binding Heal and Renew; we're not forced to spam a single spell, nor are we even forced to only cast those spells, but by focusing on single target spells, we'll be better at it. By the same token, we'll get a bonuses for AOE heals like Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, and possibly Renew and Binding Heal; we're not forced to spam one spell or even stick to those, but we'll be able to AOE heal better when we focus on it.

    Sure, it means on a fight akin to Bloodqueen, we'll probably be in the AOE chakra the entire time, but it also means that we can tank heal or spot heal effectively on other fights. The way I see this concept really shining is on fights where the damage patterns change. Imagine a fight like Festergut, we could be in an AOE chakra for 0-1 inhales, then switch to the single target chakra for 2-3 inhales. Or imagine another fight where perhaps the tank healing Paladin drops; we could pop Guardian Spirit on the tank, and by the time it drops, we'd be fully switched into tank healing mode and be able to cover for him. THAT is the type of versatility that I would love to see a Holy Priest have.

    That is, rather than now where we largely have to spec and gear one way or another, this concept seems to me that we can reasonably quickly change roles in the middle of the fight. We won't be able to spam the best AOE heals then throw the best single target heal then go back to spamming awesome AOE heals again, but in the same fight we could definitely switch roles as the circumstances dictate. Obviously, it could be messed up if they do it wrong and it could very easily turn the class into something very tedious, but I can also see it going very well. I'd prefer to remain optimistic about it.

  10. #50

    Re: "Chakra"

    Someone started a thread here (http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pr...ur-holy-form!/) about "Holy form" -- as pretty much everyone must know by now, a longstanding healing priest request -- which was immediately closed by a mod with an odd, to me, statement claiming that Chakras were "Holy form".

    I've read what little is available, and I can't see where such a claim is even remotely coming from. Far as I can see Chakras are just another pseudo-resource like runes or, more directly, a reverse version of the proposed warlock shard system (nearly exactly the same in practice, I'm betting) and not-so-distant cousin to the way Inner Fire/Will choice being discussed is going to work (pick one for buff A, the other for buff B, never the twain shall meet). Nothing I've seen has indicated any change in appearance, form, or really anything like what has long been discussed.

    So I have to ask, am I missing something? Has there been anything said about Chakras being at all like or involved in a new form?

    Whatever the case, personally I'd prefer a "Holy Form", even if it was just cosmetic, over anything mentioned in the preview.

    "Meh" doesn't begin to cover it.

  11. #51
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Grove
    Posts
    630

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    The real question is: How hard has Xel been fapping since they said "Even smite"?
    Hey! I'm a paladin, not a priest! Keep me out of this one! *Raises fist in anger*

  12. #52

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    bregtann, that's not what it says at all. If you read farther down, it basically says that we cast single target heals, which would probably include Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, and maybe Binding Heal and Renew; we're not forced to spam a single spell, nor are we even forced to only cast those spells, but by focusing on single target spells, we'll be better at it. By the same token, we'll get a bonuses for AOE heals like Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, and possibly Renew and Binding Heal; we're not forced to spam one spell or even stick to those, but we'll be able to AOE heal better when we focus on it.
    Flash Heal and Binding Heal already procs Serendipity. I think that Chakra will proc only with Heal, Prayer of Healing, Renew and a nuke spell.

    Heal will be an efficient spell so probably to cast 3 Heal spells in a row will restore mana or reduce the mana cost of spells for a short duration.

    We only cast 3 Prayers of Healing in massive damage fights, so probable to cast 3 in a row will increase our healing.

    Maybe the third Renew spell we cast refresh all our Renew durations.

    And I'm not sure about the nuke spell, we already have Surge of Light. Maybe 3 Smite or 3 Holy Nova in a row will increase our holy damage for a bit. Besides Chakra could work with Mana Burn giving to holy priests some PvP utility, in fact Serendipity could already work with Mana Burn.


  13. #53

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoros
    Flash Heal and Binding Heal already procs Serendipity. I think that Chakra will proc only with Heal, Prayer of Healing, Renew and a nuke spell.

    Heal will be an efficient spell so probably to cast 3 Heal spells in a row will restore mana or reduce the mana cost of spells for a short duration.

    We only cast 3 Prayers of Healing in massive damage fights, so probable to cast 3 in a row will increase our healing.

    Maybe the third Renew spell we cast refresh all our Renew durations.

    And I'm not sure about the nuke spell, we already have Surge of Light. Maybe 3 Smite or 3 Holy Nova in a row will increase our holy damage for a bit. Besides Chakra could work with Mana Burn giving to holy priests some PvP utility, in fact Serendipity could already work with Mana Burn.

    3 PoH a fight for holy? What content are you doing?

    I am more concerned about how sexy the UI will be than how it will affect us in terms of healing atm, since we really have no idea, except for the general idea, of the concept.

  14. #54

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    3 PoH a fight for holy? What content are you doing?
    I suppose that CoH will proc as PoH. And ofc there are some combats that I spam a bit PoH button, Koralon and Deconstructor are good examples.

  15. #55

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezumi
    If Priest is low on health it will turn into a Demon Fox then?
    Deathwing will have a hell of a fight

  16. #56
    Brewmaster Blackriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Behind you. Ambush!
    Posts
    1,279

    Re: "Chakra"

    The author of Naruto got the idea of chakra from the ancient Hindu word (which is also what this and probably every other use of the term is based off of).

    On a different note, why ban people for posting pictures?
    God; I hate you people.


    According to Maldy.net, my character is worth $1,199.68.

  17. #57

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver
    On a different note, why ban people for posting pictures?
    Because they have nothing to add to the thread? That is my guess anyways

    I just want to see the UI dammit!!! XD

  18. #58

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Myria
    Someone started a thread here (http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pr...ur-holy-form!/) about "Holy form" -- as pretty much everyone must know by now, a longstanding healing priest request -- which was immediately closed by a mod with an odd, to me, statement claiming that Chakras were "Holy form".

    I've read what little is available, and I can't see where such a claim is even remotely coming from. Far as I can see Chakras are just another pseudo-resource like runes or, more directly, a reverse version of the proposed warlock shard system (nearly exactly the same in practice, I'm betting) and not-so-distant cousin to the way Inner Fire/Will choice being discussed is going to work (pick one for buff A, the other for buff B, never the twain shall meet). Nothing I've seen has indicated any change in appearance, form, or really anything like what has long been discussed.

    So I have to ask, am I missing something? Has there been anything said about Chakras being at all like or involved in a new form?

    Whatever the case, personally I'd prefer a "Holy Form", even if it was just cosmetic, over anything mentioned in the preview.

    "Meh" doesn't begin to cover it.
    Blizz are moving away from "forms". While we haven't seen the druid class preview yet they've clearly hinted that they are not too fond of things like tree form, because it is boring game play (in Blizz opinion) when you have to give up say dps and offensive stuff altogether in favour of just healing. They've also said that they want druids to spend more time in humanoid form.

    Given that trend, it is unlikely that they will be moving towards a holy form. What would be the actual benefit for game play of such a form? Aside from some cool sparkly art? Priests would still have to be balanced towards other healers with regards to your output in holy form, so the only thing it would change is that priests would have less tools in the toolbox because you will be forced to be in holy form.

  19. #59

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver
    The author of Naruto got the idea of chakra from the ancient Hindu word (which is also what this and probably every other use of the term is based off of).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

    Pretty big concept having to do with eastern religions. Kishimoto didn't need to look very far to find references to chakra. :P

  20. #60

    Re: "Chakra"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    No kidding! What's with all this Naruto stuff? I thought everyone knew that Chakra was originally featured as Xena's weapon ;-) (hey, at least Lucy Lawless is hot)
    Haha, casting three single-target healing spells makes you throw healing chakras on your target on your next single-target spells <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •