Thread: Mage T9 2p

Mage T9 2p

dunno if anyone found this out already and if its already been posted then im very sorry im just too lazy to look around. apparently if u use Molten Armor while u have at least 2p T9 and switch to whatever ur main gear for whatever ur doing is u still retain the extra pct that Molten Armor gets off the 2p T9. i mean hey we all love extra crits

Re: Mage T9 2p

I have no idea what you just said.

What I gathered from it... You have 2pT9 equipped and cast Molten Armor. Then you switch your 2pT9 out for something else and want to know if you retain the extra crit from the 2pT9 bonus?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. Also, why?

looks like more of a statement than a question

wes u basically have the correct idea and it wasnt a question sorry if i confused u. i guess itll be easier for people to understand if i do something like this.

lets say that ur hmm i dunno 4p T10 and u have 2p T9 in ur bag somwhere. put on ur 2p t9 and use Molten Armor because of the 2p T9 u gain an extra pct of crit off ur spirit rather than the normal 35% (i could be wrong since my mage is an alt and i dont really care about her that much) now with the 2p T9 still active switch ur gear back to ur T10 and boom! Molten Armor is still its 2p T9 version which in turn gives u more crit. but if u buff molten armor w/ 4p T10 itll revert back to the 35% Molten Armor

I don't normally do this... but if you could try using a more proper form of sentence structure and grammar, that would really help you express your thoughts and us understand them.

From what I understand, you're actually saying we should consider fishing for an exploit. Which, even if it worked, shouldn't be used, instead reported and fixed, because if it goes unnoticed, the class could be nerfed or normalized assuming that damage were constant for a fight or situation.

Beyond that, the 2pc provides further conversion of spirit; the removal of the set bonus, I would assume, would revert the conversion rate of spirit to the spell since there is nothing there to support the new upkeep.

Actual testing might be useful, but I really wouldn't count on it. I'm pretty sure the set bonuses act like a passive buff, removal of the buff (being a spell of sorts), means removal of the affected spells altered ability.

There. I said the same thing like 3 times.

your English... astounds me...
    and like sephyan said, its a passive buff, remove the 2pce remove the buff.
    If youve actually scrolled over the molten armor in your buffs even if you have glyph it says its increased by 35% of your spirit, where as the actual spell shows the correct conversion. that would go down soon as you moved 2pc

/brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    okay, i'm going to try a crazy new theory: i'm going to take my pants off and type this in the nude (shirts are for pussies in the first place). i will also type it slowly and in full capitalized letters so those with impaired vision can see it (though it will not be in caps, since i hold down the shift key HA).

10+ Year Old Account

I'm usually quite slow at understanding stuff, but even I could read what he wrote. So come on guys :P

And OT: NEVER EVER exploit stuff, even quite minor stuff like this. It can get you banned.
    Vol'jin fanboy

This is a very common bug across different classes and specs. Another example of the exact same phenomenon is that if you cast Seal of Vengeance as a paladin with the glyph in place, then either change specs or replace the glyph, you will still have the 10 extra expertise.

I would not be suprised if every similar passive buff effect suffers from the same bug.

dunno if this would work, dont really feel like going through the effort of finding out since i dont plan on exploiting a bug anytime soon, but a lok friend of mine claimed something similar to this applied to his armor, fel armor i think it is? one of the lok specs has an improved armor talent, he said if he activated the armor in that spec with the imp version, then switched specs, he retained the extra spl pwr
    also, dunno if it still applies, seeing as no raid spec doestn get fm anymore, but when ffb was useful, you could use a spec capable of fm, use it, and switch and fm stays up... i reported both these little bugs, dunno if they ever were fixed
    but yea i doubt it would work for the set bonus, since youre crit is actively changed by molten armor every time you get say a spirit buff, so the buff would seem to be able to readjust itself; no proofs, but meh my 2 cents lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

I don't get it..?
    It was pretty obvious from every post he made that he was asking if the bonus remained after removing the set pieces.
    Don't tell me you were all being obtuse for the sake of his less than stellar grammar skills.

what i think the op was saying is that
    when you cast molten armor, it takes whatever you spirit you have at that moment and convert it to crit,
    so by switching gear and set bonus, you can "cheat" and gain a little bit more crit

i did a quick test in dal:
    my initial fire set was
    1246 crit, with 358 spirit

after switching a 2pc t9 and a few spirit gear,
    1228 crit, with 675 spirit (2pc t9)

then i switch back to my inital gear, i have now
    1300 crit with 358 spirit again

when i recast molten armor with the inital set,
    the number goes back down to 1246

so, my conclusion is, it works
    i guess i gain like 54 crit out of it? /cheer