Thread: Shadow Orbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadow Orbs

Pleasepleaseplease make them look like the black ravens of the Onslaught raven priests. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=27202 Seriously, those look damn, damn, damn good.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadgazm
    I think it would be interesting if the acted like a combo-point system.. you could let them accumulate and hold onto them for a sustained damage buff, or release them with a finisher when you need a big burst spell.. maybe have a couple finishers for different purposes.

Or simply have them stack with MF ticks then when you use MB or the new spike spell it would comsume them.

Mind blast would give you a 10 second crit buff, then the spike could give you a 10 second haste buff. I dunno just kinda seems like an interesting mechanic, it would also push us further away from being a psuedo-warlock.
    this is kind of what I'd hoped when I heard it. I'd rather the orbs not simply act as a damage increase that will unceremoniously expire once you're out of combat. I'd like to see them utilized somehow. Initially, I thought of using them as a type of utility item...kind of in the same way warlocks would use soul burn. But, i like your combo point idea, as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Shadow orbs are gonna be cool. Definatly one of the better masteries, at least its a physicality, unlike rogues pasives :'(

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Since the Shadow tree has a lot of passive damage-boosting abilities -- something we're trying to avoid in Cataclysm -- we will need to replace several of the tree's talents. One idea is to play off of the new Shadow Orbs mechanic (see Mastery section below), possibly allowing you to consume an orb to increase damage from Mind Blast or reduce Mind Spike's cast time.
    From this I would assume that they will certainly not just be passive Shadow damage increases. Otherwise they just gave Shadow Weaving a graphic.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    You are no warlock.
    Or Warlock is want to be Priest? Go summon your demons or cast some fire spells...

But wait then:

Destruction warlocks are Fire Mages
    and
    Demo warlocks are Beast Master hunters

It'll look like a shadowy water shield.
    Blizz isn't very clever.