Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

great the game with the previews is now, world of leapcraft...

death grip, life grip, warlocks getting knockbacks, and warriors have a new leap ability....

we'll all be in the "air" half the time at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Córiban
    Am I the only one feeling Fury nerfed?
    No more Whirlwind on single Targets, which is our strongest Attack right now. Yay, one less Button to press...
    Fury allready is boring to play. with this, it starts to suck hard.
    The bolded part is important. 'cause it's not like anything else could change right?

Maybe someone who is up on theorycrafting can fill me in on this.

From what i have read about Rage generation Crit is going to be super important stat since you get 200% more rage for crit hits. The second thing is going to be Haste cause you hit faster and more often you get more rage. Couple this with the 100% rage buff and we are really going in the direction or rogues. I am guessing Stack Str, Crit, Haste and maybe not in that order. Duel wielding 1 handers ....warglaves (cataclysm Equivalent) and stacking haste and crit??

I don't play PvP so maybe i dont really get the excitement of Heroic Leap and from a PVE perspective i understand their concern with Warrior DPS on fights like Kologarn or small packs of mobs, Anub etc... but i have seen other classes go way way higher in big packs of AoE and i kind of liked the niche we had. I figured so fights were warrior friendly and some were not. Now they want us to never excel in a specific fight and on highly mobile fights (lets say putricide) they give us a DoT buff to pull our dps up into the pack.

Basically they made us mediocre in everything... and mediocre isn't fun.

I will say this they need to add something to our rotation if WW isn't supposed to be used during single target fights especially if slam still procs the way it does now. It also better look bad ass... maybe a big overhead chop

For me this new alluded Heroic Leap seems meh :-\
    Like already mentioned - just a charge+tclap, as they are used already.
    Maybe finally something useful against the damn casters sitting on a wall/roof/tree.
    The way it was in LK-beta was fun, tho i agreed that it could not stay in game as such then,
    but with the redesigned 3D old world i wish they start again from what they left off and not just throw this in with same name.

What i dream about is something like Kick with knockback that gives super amount of threat.
    Fun for PVP and useful in PVE.
    This may sound weird for a warrior who logically would need to keep his enemy at reach.
    But think about the word 'warrior' in general, historicaly etc.
    Let it sink in. It starts to make sence.
    /Inb4 "This.Is.Sparta!"

But with all this constant nerfing that has been going on in this exp and what nonexistant hope they give for the future, it seems my warr is finally losing a place as my main and lock gets more playtime.

I'm glad this hasn't gone live, because if it did, I'd probably reroll as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos
    HEROIC LEAP ;D

Gushing wounds sounds cool, but rather weak on PVE bosses. Sounds fun !
    3 stacks of Gushing wound is better than rend, and it re-applies it'self on moving bosses.
    if overpower/slam procs of this it would be far superior than rend on some bosses. like professor.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    No, people who want to experience 100% of what WoW is get all the classes to 80. How is that pathetic? I can probably play your mains class better than you can.
    This.

I became a waaaayyyyy better healer after I leveled my warrior and tanked with him for a while. Learning all the classes helps you to understand their relationship to the other classes, and how best to interact with them.

Besides, how is it any more pathetic to have 10 days /played on 10 characters, than 100 days /played on one character?

Quote Originally Posted by briswindus
    Maybe someone who is up on theorycrafting can fill me in on this.

From what i have read about Rage generation Crit is going to be super important stat since you get 200% more rage for crit hits. The second thing is going to be Haste cause you hit faster and more often you get more rage. Couple this with the 100% rage buff and we are really going in the direction or rogues. I am guessing Stack Str, Crit, Haste and maybe not in that order. Duel wielding 1 handers ....warglaves (cataclysm Equivalent) and stacking haste and crit??
    Rage will be normalized based on weapon swing speed before haste, and OH swings will generate 50% rage. I'm assuming that while crits generate 200% rage, misses will generate nothing.

DW 1h weapons will give you fast, iterative swing speeds that generate a little rage every swing but swing a lot.
    DW 2h weapons will give you two large chunks of rage every few seconds.
    Sword and Board will give you one regular smallish chunk of rage every few seconds, but will be supplemented by the rage you generate when a mob hits you.
    A big 2h weapon will give you one large chunk of rage every few seconds.

Both DW styles will suffer from a lot of missing, but compensate with the OH strikes generating rage.
    Single weapons won't generate as much rage per hit, but can be hit-capped without any trouble so you'll have a sense of stability the DWers won't.

So, you'll cap hit and expertise (like now), then your preferred dps stat. Haste if you want to stabilize your rage generation, crit if you want spikey burst, a mix of the two for a semi-stable increase with some variance to the flow, or mastery if you want the tree-specific advantage.

I think the heroic strike-monkey builds that constantly abuses Inner Rage are going to be mastery-stacking arms--assuming the extra swing procs generate rage--and haste/hit-stacking fury of both flavors (and PvE prot tanks of course).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

those "next swing" attacks seems to be done pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla
    and most of all making MS 20%.....WTF?!?!?!?!?! they named 50% healing reductions after OUR ability...and hunters/rogues who are better PvP burst than us get to keep their 50% MS...fuck that.
    Warrior tears are tasty! But tbh I don't believe they are gonna keep hunter and rogue MS at 50% either, their class previews are yet to come and by the explain that blizzard gave for the MS nerf I am sure that every MS will be nerfed to 20%.

ok every1 get past the "WOOHOO HEROIC LEAP!!!!" and look at how fucking bad we are getting nerfed...
    Sunder Armour reduced to 12%, Fury's WW just got nerfed to a non-boss ability, Fury was going to be able to pick up poleaxe / mace specialization but they got removed, so that gold mine of DPS just disappeared... not to mention the fact that unless our abilities damage gets improved we aren't going to be anywhere on the DPS meters... (new rage gen and HS / Cleave nerfs say hi)....and most of all making MS 20%.....WTF?!?!?!?!?! they named 50% healing reductions after OUR ability...and hunters/rogues who are better PvP burst than us get to keep their 50% MS...fuck that. We just got nerfed so fucking hard and one long CD ability that looks cool distracted EVERYONE from it... i was considering making my warrior my main in cata, so much for that (im not going to make my main a shit class)

and everyone knows that hunters and warriors will be hugely affected by the removal of ArP, not any of the other DPS classes
    Here's an idea. Why don't you actually read the changes. I know this is hard for you, but it will do much to prevent you from looking like a bumbling ass.
    Rogues and Hunters are both getting their healing reduction effects nerfed. It says right there in the change that you were to slow to comprehend.
    All specialization talents are being combined into one specialization that provides a new bonus which at this time has not been decided upon. That's likely a good thing, dummy.
    Your new bleed effect helps to offset the sunder change and to be honest helps against kiting classes.

ok every1 get past the "WOOHOO HEROIC LEAP!!!!" and look at how fucking bad we are getting nerfed...
    Sunder Armour reduced to 12%, Fury's WW just got nerfed to a non-boss ability, Fury was going to be able to pick up poleaxe / mace specialization but they got removed, so that gold mine of DPS just disappeared... not to mention the fact that unless our abilities damage gets improved we aren't going to be anywhere on the DPS meters... (new rage gen and HS / Cleave nerfs say hi)....and most of all making MS 20%.....WTF?!?!?!?!?! they named 50% healing reductions after OUR ability...and hunters/rogues who are better PvP burst than us get to keep their 50% MS...fuck that. We just got nerfed so fucking hard and one long CD ability that looks cool distracted EVERYONE from it... i was considering making my warrior my main in cata, so much for that (im not going to make my main a shit class)

and everyone knows that hunters and warriors will be hugely affected by the removal of ArP, not any of the other DPS classes
    You're an idiot, all MS effects will be reduced to 50%. And ArP will be on mastery. You have a brain, use it.

Deleted

I really really love what are they planing for arms. With sword spec applying to all weapons + Bonus Swing (third mastery), on the lucky occasions where they both proc it will be like hitting with WF. So excited

Warriors are getting back heroic leap? Does this mean there is any chance for us locks to get back demonic leap? That's the only thing I thought of when reading this whole article. *sigh*
    It was fun while it lasted!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Seasqwaa
    Warriors are getting back heroic leap? Does this mean there is any chance for us locks to get back demonic leap? That's the only thing I thought of when reading this whole article. *sigh*
    It was fun while it lasted!
    You get to be free of demonic CC while in Meta, I wannabe free of humanoid CC while not Bladestorming.

Awww, Gushing wound? NP! I'll just LIFE GRIP you! "Get over here you Idiot!" (woot headless horsemen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix
    Nice to see the rage change, I liked such mechanics back in WAR, where reaching full bar of energy gave you boosts.

Also, can someone explain what's so exiting about heroic leap? Aint it just charge + thunder clap?!
    Well, for one thing I'm sure you will be able to use it to skip past obstacles such as fire. Something like this would be awesome to have during a fight like say FireFighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior (Warrior Forum)
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)

• Overall, heals cast by players in Cataclysm will be a lower number relative to players' health than the current game. So to make the Mortal Strike debuff less mandatory but still useful in PvP, Mortal Strike will reduce healing by only 20%. All equivalent debuffs, including the Shadow priest and Frost mage debuffs, will be for 20% less healing. At the moment we aren't considering giving this debuff to anyone else, though we will certainly consider PvP utility for historically under-represented specs that use other mechanics.
    im pretty sure that means that rogues and hunters keep their 50% while Frost Mages, Shadow Priests, and Arms Warriors will have 20%

It's amazing that even after 21 pages people are still saying "Heroic Leap ... wohoo ... it's ONLY a Charge+Thunderclap ... big deal ..."

It's not.

It's much better than that.

It saves you a GCD, which is nice and it also applies a stun. The duration of the stun is unknown, but it's probably not more than 2 seconds. Plus you also save the rage of a thunderclap.

It's not "Charge+Thunderclap", it's "Charge+Thunderclap+Stun+GCD+Thunderclap-Rage"

im pretty sure that means that rogues and hunters keep their 50% while Frost Mages, Shadow Priests, and Arms Warriors will have 20%
    i created this account just for you so you should feel honored.

Where do you not see "All equivalent debuffs, including the Shadow priest and Frost mage debuffs, will be for 20% less healing"

There i put it in bold for you because obviously your nerd rage is blinding you to not be able to read correctly. ALL EQUIVALENT DEBUFFS aka rogue and hunter.