Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

I would say the Gushing Wound in PVP thing is "working as intended"

I find the overall preview weak on the Prot side of things, but i like the DPS changes.

Vengance sounds nice though

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Gushing Wound (Level 83): This ability will apply a bleed effect to the target. If the target moves, the bleed gains an extra stack and refreshes its duration, up to a maximum of three stacks. The ability is currently planned to have no cooldown, cost 10 Rage, and have a 9-second duration. Gushing Wound is designed to be weaker than Rend with one stack, but better with three stacks, which will be reached when fighting a moving target.
    Am i the only one who thinks they should consider renaming the ability...

Maybe it's just my own sordid mind?

I wonder if gushing wounds only stack on personal movement. I.E. will it not stack if you blink, demo circle, or priest pulls you away?

1) HEROIC LEAP IS BACK, BABY!

2) I'm relieved that we're not getting "THAT" changed. I mean, it could be much worse, I only play a prot warrior though, so DPS I'm not too bothered about, but Vengeance seems rather nice. I mean, ~5000ap (considering a probable 50000hp unbuffed healthpool at 85?) to scale up threat is pretty nice.
    Also known as Faulchu

10+ Year Old Account

Really nice ;D

Gushing Wound (Level 83)...

Someone has been playing DotA/HoN....
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

fuck yeah heroic leap
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Gushing Wound (Level 83)...

Someone has been playing DotA/HoN....
    two common bleed words

Gushing Wound - "TRY AND KITE ME NOW. RUN, COWARDS! RUN!"
    Heroic Leap will be awesome to see. Everyone's getting jumps and knockbacks, it seems.
    Love the Bonus Swing mastery.
    DEAL WITH IT.

Yea I'm definitely gonna roll a Warrior now no doubt about it. Just gotta get the keybinds down lol. Some pretty awesome things planned.

Nice to see the rage change, I liked such mechanics back in WAR, where reaching full bar of energy gave you boosts.

Also, can someone explain what's so exiting about heroic leap? Aint it just charge + thunder clap?!

Did anyone else notice this change would leave only 3 attacks for fury? Slam, HS and BT..

I hope they're gonna add something cause that's just not enough.

15+ Year Old Account

The new Arms talent called Disarming Nature will make successful disarms cause the target to cower in fear for 5/10 seconds.
    I find this interesting, since the cower effect was too OP for DK's to retain in their DnD (with glyph).

fury will do sunder armor now too, lol

Leap seem to be pretty watered down, it gone from a non targets jump that could be used to either get away, close gap or jump out of los to name a few.

Now its jusy charge with a fancy look.

does heroic leap trigger an actual thunder clap on impact, or just the debuff?

Pretty much all the changes are making me /warrgasm, expecially heroic leap and gushing wound, although whirlind being only 50% damage makes me a bit sad, but whatever

Gushing wound is going to be a serious problem to rogues trying to vanish and running away

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz

The new Arms talent called Disarming Nature will make successful disarms cause the target to cower in fear for 5/10 seconds.
    I find this interesting, since the cower effect was too OP for DK's to retain in their DnD (with glyph).
    You can't disarm 40 people at once.

And I don't really understand all the random comments about gushing wound. It's a slightly stronger rend...big deal? Did you fear rend damage before?

Even thou I don't play warrior, there look like some really nice additions to them. I like the idea of Gushing Wound, it is interesting mechanic for PvP and Heroic Leap is also great. Cataclysm still doesn't stop surprising me!

Deleted

wasn't this gonna come tomorrow? hope rogue come today too :P