Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Nate1493
    So let's get this straight.

1) Whirlwind damage goes from 100% to 50%. Currently hits 4 targets, will hit unlimited in the future. This will be a massive nerf, how often is there > 8 targets?
    2) Heroic Leap, currently not slated for use in combat and is just a fancy looking charge+thunderclap.
    3) Sunder armor takes a huge bite from 20% to 12%.
    4) Heroic Strike no longer usable on main hand swings.
    5) Heroic Strike now like execute, usable during the entire fight, but likely less damage and still burns a GCD.
    6) Mortal Strike goes from 50% to 20%.
    I hate you for stating that but unfortunately it seems very true.

With more CC'ing, there is no use to WW unless you want to f* up your raid.
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

Heroic Leap will clearly make it.

As some have said, it's not THAT big a deal, because it is sharing a cooldown with Charge.

Good changes though, I think Blizzard are doing a good job so far.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin
    I can perfectly press charge followed by a thunder clap myself.
    You don't understand how fun the ability will be. Gunship jetpacks anyone?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Surprised noone has mentioned working Shouts into your DPS rotation considering the Rage return from them like DK's HoW.

Abit dissapointed, or well curious what they'll do with Fury... they can't really have 1 skill for us to use with heroic strike spam and slam procs, must be something more, hopefully there will be a Q&A for warriors soon'ish

but Heroic leap DO sound fun, i just hope you dont need a target to use it but can chose where to jump

Heroic Leap + Gushing Wound + Blitz

my warrior approves ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin
    I am so dissapointed.

Neither of the new abilities are made from a protection warrior point of view. And NO, heroic leap is not interesting, I can perfectly press charge followed by a thunder clap myself. Lets queue up 2 abilities and call it something new! Way to go Blizzard, your developers are sure creative over there!
    Eh?

It's a charge, a thunder clap, AND a stun. The stun is the definite reason why you should use it as Prot. It creates an initial time when a mob won't hit that you can use to position yourself for hitting them all with a Shockwave. This has potential for great threat value. It may not be very original, yeah, but damn it, you're JUMPING IN THE AIR AND SLAMMING INTO ENEMIES. How badass is that?

And Gushing Wound could have the potential to create a nice, constant threat value if the target is moving, which could very well happen in some Cataclysm fights. It may not be our main threat tool, but it's a bonus, and already better than what Rend is.

I really don't know why you're disappointed. These changes REALLY make me want to get my Warrior to 85 quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Comments like this make me wonder how much intelligence people have. You sir need to not play my game. The statements you made are irrational and uncoordinated, which makes you insane. Id you don't know what preview means I suggest you look it up and then slit your wrists and die in a corner.
    you sir just made an totally meaningless comment....instead of bashing me you could just prof me wrong or state what you think about that stuff.....congrats on being a fail person.
    i know what preview means....this is why i said IF. maybe you would look that up?
    and maybe blizz should think about what they preview....and now back to YAY heroic leap.....i dont care

I think it looks very good!

Aoe nerf for warriors i don't care about since i hope Blizz just nerfs aoe all over. No more aoe fest a la wotlk pls.

The rage management seems awesome. Mindlessy spamming retards will have a really hard time to get it right. Will for sure drop them way below 10% less.
    More depth in dps! Yes pls.

Heroic leap is great, and it's not just another charge with different looks. Now one can actually jump up to things which charge won't do.
    It would be more awesome without having a target requirement thou like it was in wotlk beta.

Only concern for me is the weap specializations which i've liked since vanilla. That different weapons actually matter for warriors. I'm hoping they won't take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    If the jetpacks targetted the mage if you clicked it once and targetted a pre-determined area on your own ship if you click it again.... then yeah. It will be like a charge with a flying effect+TC to a target. Not to a selected area. Which basicly renders the ability incredibly useless as it's only usable out of combat so far.

Im just waiting to see what the other classes get but I will probably not stick to warrior.
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    Sorry, Im more into useful abilities than fun abilities. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser
    Surprised noone has mentioned working Shouts into your DPS rotation considering the Rage return from them like DK's HoW.
    You don't have to work them into the rotation, their rage generation would be situational only as far as I can tell like horn of winter.

didnt see anybody mention this. but they removed 5% crit from zerker stance

first impression as pve dps warrior.

Where is the new stuff?

Reflecting most things on the current state of warriors it feel like nerfs or nothing new cool to look out for (specially the last)
    -Sunder armor 20% to 12% armor reduction
    -Heroic leap is just charge+Tc. why would we want this
    -Gushing wounds new version of rend. im here to place a big fcxing weapon in a mobs skull not to pinch him so he slowly bleeds
    -removing whirlwind out of fury rotation which already was so few buttons. (i loved our niche where we could be kings on small trash packs and others on the really big).
    -mortal strike from 50% to 20%
    -1h or 2h fury. easy to predict 1 spec will be better, everybody will go for that, end of story
    -The Furious Sundering, why do they call this new, we already sundered in berserker and had no trouble with threat
    -Arms weapon spec removed only the worst of all remains which is the chance on another swing

i could go on

so...can anybody point out what we exactly got new and isnt just a tweak on an ability we already had.

and i promised myself so much not to call doom when this info comes out and just to wait and see

/dissapointed for now

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

I really can't make any sense of the heroic strike change, on swing abilities is partially what makes warriors warriors, heroic strike wouldn't have much use if it cost a gcd. But will cleave still be an on swing ability?

Deleted

HEROIC LEAP!

also wtf, 3 stacks is easier than 5 - there is a glyph that does exactly that.

i wonder if blizz thinks the whole warrior community is too retarded to add 5 sunder stacks.
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

Gushing Wound (Level 83): This ability will apply a bleed effect to the target. If the target moves, the bleed gains an extra stack and refreshes its duration, up to a maximum of three stacks. The ability is currently planned to have no cooldown, cost 10 Rage, and have a 9-second duration. Gushing Wound is designed to be weaker than Rend with one stack, but better with three stacks, which will be reached when fighting a moving target.

Strygwyr!

Quote Originally Posted by minusxero
    Sounds interesting to say the least.

I must say from a PVP standpoint, now that I've read this, Priests' DeathLifegrip now has one more viable (read: not douche) usage. I'd assume that being gripped by a Priest doesn't count as movement and could be used to counter a Gushing Wound? I mean, would being gripped count as a movement?
    The mechanic for movement probably works like Shadow Prison on Princes heroic. That is to say, you could stutterstep it so it won't stack, and abilities that move you probably don't count. As a rogue main, I know that Killing Spree doesn't count as movement for that mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcio
    Eh?

It's a charge, a thunder clap, AND a stun. The stun is the definite reason why you should use it as Prot. It creates an initial time when a mob won't hit that you can use to position yourself for hitting them all with a Shockwave. This has potential for great threat value. It may not be very original, yeah, but damn it, you're JUMPING IN THE AIR AND SLAMMING INTO ENEMIES. How badass is that?

And Gushing Wound could have the potential to create a nice, constant threat value if the target is moving, which could very well happen in some Cataclysm fights. It may not be our main threat tool, but it's a bonus, and already better than what Rend is.

I really don't know why you're disappointed. These changes REALLY make me want to get my Warrior to 85 quickly.
    I havent had a single time that I've had problems with threat using charge>TC>Shockwave. I'm just dissapointed they couldn't come up with something creative and fresh, instead of combining old abilities into a new ability. And again, I'm sorry if I'm not into the looks of abilities, but more how useful it is.

Seems like mix of reactions for us warriors, not happy on WW at all, but these are only a preview, hopefully some useful changes will spring up sooner or later.
    Night Elf Warrior level 80
    Azuremyst-EU
    Current status: Retired!