Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Warrior

So Normalization = Nerf when if you didnt have top gear you would be rage starved in some cases AMIRITE.

I really like what i'm seeing. Very clever of them to have the additional swing chance for arms warriors as the passive mastery, rather than just limiting it to sword exclusively.

Also i think they might be trying a little too hard in attempting to please everyone by bringing up 1-handed fury again. On the other hand, i had an absolute ton of fun One-handed DWing in burning crusade, so i hope it really works out.

When the pieces all fall into place (that is to say the rest of the classes are previewed), Warriors are going to look great.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for paladins next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethlan
    fury will do sunder armor now too, lol
    i always done sunder armor as fury, spec if there were no warr tank in the raid

Every warrior dude is wanking on this heroic leap thing.
    But I dont get it (I am a mage).

What is this different then (charge ft Thunderclap) Only that its in the sky and you get stunned.
    Clothies has to quit the game because of this, no more kiting b/c of this....

I have checked the Youtube vid... but still not get the whole AMAZING OMG! thing...

If I see a fat warrior flying my way, ill blink behind hes ass xD
    That was not possible with charge... but now it is !! Cheesy

So imo, warriors are even more screwed if they use this against mages/warlocks.

I know that this is not the full list, but right now I'm really worried. As a PVE only Fury warrior, with this preview and the rage normalization, I'm extremly worried.

WW now don't work for single targets fight so our rotation now is Stack Sunder > Stack GW(if the boss moves) BT > HS

Heroic Leap and Gushing Wound are more towards pvp

We have to stack rage to have 15% more damage, but using 50% more rage (and with rage normalization) there is a serious risk of rage starvation once you have 100 rage (OMG)

Shouts changes seems cool, and the idea of using 1h again seems nice.

Our passive abilities are damage, haste and Intesify the enrage. Maybe these stats and the new talents can help us out. At least I hope

Didn't like the removal of Poleaxe and mace specs (the ones that matter in PVE, oh my)

Hoping to see more stuff at the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser
    The difference here being one is a reactive debuff, and the other is manually applied. I have as much information as you right now, so it simply comes down to interpretation and game balance. The way I read it, the gain of a stack allows the debuff to refresh <i>itself</i>. If it is unable to gain a stack (considering it maxes out at 3), the secondary effect of the DoT is unable to execute and the 3 stack of the DoT ticks down until it falls off.

Again, not fact, just my logical interpretation of what's written in Blue. ^_-

<i>Edit:</i> However, if you apply the Gushing Wound <b>yourself</b> while at 3 stacks, I'd assume you'd be able to keep it rolling. That make sense?
    Yeah, like i said, i dont believe theres a single stacking debuff in the game that works that way, and they havn't specified the way gushing wound works to be any different.

And tbh the way you describe feels really clunky mechanic wise. The intent of the debuff is obviously to make your target stand still if they want the debuff off(pvp connotation). if you can move constantly, (stacking to 3 quickly) and then continue to move as the 9 second dot ticks off? I dunno, i doubt that will be the case.

Can you still Heroic Leap without targeting like in Wrath Beta though? I wanna jump down a bajillion feat with no damage like I saw them doing...
    Anal jokes will never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Laan
    Yeah, like i said, i dont believe theres a single stacking debuff in the game that works that way, and they havn't specified the way gushing wound works to be any different.

And tbh the way you describe feels really clunky mechanic wise. The intent of the debuff is obviously to make your target stand still if they want the debuff off(pvp connotation). if you can move constantly, (stacking to 3 quickly) and then continue to move as the 9 second dot ticks off? I dunno, i doubt that will be the case.

*nod* I edited my reply again. I was thinking about it, and I honestly don't believe you can manually stack Gushing Wound yourself. It just wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Menzorra
    Every warrior dude is wanking on this heroic leap thing.
    But I dont get it (I am a mage).
    Only those idiots who don't READ THE FUCKLING BLUEPOST are happy about heroic leap, because they think it'll work like it did in the WotLK Beta where you could charge, then leap (without having to select a target, it just leaped to some point infront of you) and then intercept. This was awesome and still would be, but that what they're presenting as heroic leap isn't the old one, it's just another charge, nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arandmoor
    I dunno about that. The notes about block and crit-block are kind of fucking huge. Unless they up and give paladins something similar (I highly doubt they will) Warriors are going to have some serious-damn mitigation. AD's 15% reduction can eat a dick compared to crit block where big hits are concerned.

It's going to be interesting to see how block and parry interact because you KNOW there's going to be a boss that lands extremely huge hits on a predictable timer, and somewhere a warrior is going to crit-block the big attack directly following a white-swing parry. That's a lot of damage not being taken if they're not mutually exclusive on an attack-to-attack basis.
    We already knew 95% of what you just said from before the notes. The only new interesting thing is that Critical Block will stay in the game, which is alright. I was just hoping for more Protection notes instead of 90% concerning dps.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted

Lol Blitz - copied from Final fantasy? :P

Well, from my point of view (most of the time a raiding fury warrior) there is almost nothing interesting and nothing that can prove useful. Seeing how defensive they are with Inner Rage it will be probably tuned to the point there is no reason to wait for 100 rage, Whirlwind dead, single-minded fury pointless, enrage intensity some joke compared to other "3rd" bonuses - a little more dmg boost on deathwish and knowing the warrior class prolly increasing dmg taken also. The only useful thing i noticed is furious sundering. All that paired up with normalized crap rage generation makes me sceptical. Eh, we will see, its still "too soon" to tell after all.

10+ Year Old Account

for the whole gushing Wounds ability it does sound good for kitting and pvp.. but for boss fights kind of makes me think it should get alittle extra mechanic for just a boss fight " When the boss casts an ability it reopens the gushing wound from movement, adding (3-5) seconds back onto gushing wounds duration" not the full 9 seconds cause some bosses use abilities pretty often so make it a chance of falling off the boss to were you need to reapply it thats just my idea
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Laan

Oh, and on the flip side, standing still for 9 seconds in any PvP situation is a good way to die. My theory for how this DoT is intended to be used is to discourage players from running away from the Warrior, standing still to pop off a few casts, and then continuing to run. If you do that, the DoT stays on you longer than if you had just kept running for the 9+ seconds.

While we like how Titan's Grip plays, we recognize some warriors liked the Fury tree because of the really fast swings that dual-wielding one-handed weapons could provide. Therefore, we're planning to try out a talent called Single-Minded Fury that is parallel to Titan's Grip and will provide a large boost to the damage of a pair of one-handed weapons.
    I like that.

Other than that nothing really interesting sadly. Heroic leap was awesome in the wotlk beta but like it will be now is almost exactly like charge, but with thunderclap? Woo woo.

I'm hoping they know what they doing by making 1hand fury viable. Many warriors (myself included) find 2hand dualweild unique to class and extremely badass, hence making our awesome class even more enjoyable. 1hand is just a rogue in plate, and I hope there'll be enough 2handers to go around so guilds didn't give them to other classes over fury warriors simply "because we can use 1handers now too". That'd make me personally lose alot of interest...
    Other than that, everything else looks... well.. dunno, fun... Most of it won't make it to live, rest gonna get nerfed to the ground as usual....

So far shaman received the most unique Ability. I hope rogues get something unique =*(

Nice previews, but I'd like to see that the new heroic leap should be possible to use in any stance, since it is the last skill you get. So it would be as nice as Army of the Dead which the DK's can do.

I found it annoying with the change of WW and HS

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

I think blizzard do 1 marginal mistake - want have all class balanced (same dps, same survivality, same healing, same bla bla) i think will be more funnier, when every class have different usage. example (arms have ms debuf it was his speciality,drood hots, priest manaburn,etc)

about changes i aggre, they looks cool but arms looks to much rng based, furry nerfed ^^, prot nice

i think we was waiting for some skill / talent higher in talent tree ...

so now i dont have to surrender one finger to hs anymore :P
    I don't know i kind of enjoyed spamming hs (altho on later content rage is rarely an issue and you just keep spamming it and it feels a bit clunky)
    hopefully the new change makes rage management more of a smart choice.

On a side note, will HS still be off the gcd?
    I know becoming instant cast seems like it will prolly be under the influence of gcd but there are many skills that are instant casts that are off the gcd (interrupt spells for instance)

maybe to make sure we dont get to spam HS and get 3 hits in < 1sec they will add a gcd that only applies to HS/cleave ?