Cataclysm Ideas (Not Spells.)

-Personally, I think they are going to "debloat" Arcane, not some many CDs to manage more of a rotation.
    -Fire will be closer to the New Arcane, maybe a little more burst for Fire ? (CDs added) Etc.
    -FFB spec, ethier, A. They are removing it. B. they change it to the Warlock Cataclysm copy. (Refreshing Living bomb and Scorch)
    -Frost, will probably not rely so much on procs in PvE.

Your ideas? Comments?

(Sorry for all the edits, my spell/grammar check failed. And I got my ideas mixed up. Corrected now, I think/hope .

Re: Cataclysm Ideas (Not Spells.)

Me personally, Im not going to even speculate on any new spells or talents that Blizz may or may not be giving us in Cata. If I do then Ill get my hopes up (i.e. Phoniex pet for Fire Mages) and when they do announce our changes/additions Ill prob not be too happy about it. So Im just gonna wait and be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof
    Me personally, Im not going to even speculate on any new spells or talents that Blizz may or may not be giving us in Cata. If I do then Ill get my hopes up (i.e. Phoniex pet for Fire Mages) and when they do announce our changes/additions Ill prob not be too happy about it. So Im just gonna wait and be surprised.
    Same.. All i've wanted is the Phoenix Pet and I highly doubt such a thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Bornballa3
    Same.. All i've wanted is the Phoenix Pet and I highly doubt such a thing..
    Yea the only way I see Fire Mages getting a perma pet is if they also give Arcane Mages one.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof
    Yea the only way I see Fire Mages getting a perma pet is if they also give Arcane Mages one.
    A mana wraith or mana wyrm with some type of refreshment would be amazing. Imagine something like pet is summoned with X health/mana, and lasts for Y seconds, or until all the mana is drained from the pet to the mage. Would make for an interesting alternative to evocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teckdragon
    A mana wraith or mana wyrm with some type of refreshment would be amazing. Imagine something like pet is summoned with X health/mana, and lasts for Y seconds, or until all the mana is drained from the pet to the mage. Would make for an interesting alternative to evocation.
    Yea that could work too, I'm thinking giving fire some sort of on the go spell like Divine Plea that's not dispellable, but a higher cooldown.

Has there ever been a hint towards giving us a Phoenix pet? I've never heard or read anything about it, till today with all the speculation going around about the changes....

Quote Originally Posted by Nashori
    Has there ever been a hint towards giving us a Phoenix pet? I've never heard or read anything about it, till today with all the speculation going around about the changes....
    Yes, Mages in Warcraft had the spell.

If the Phoenix pet was implemented, my guess would be Flamebolt (Genral attack) Flaming Speed (Buff to the Mage) Increasing speed by 40% and casting speed by 15%. 2 min CD.

10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only person that relates cataclysm as a perfect opportunity to give mages some OMPH! not to say that we're underpowered or anything. But I want some big flashy stuff. Personally, rather than get a pet, and make mages more like warlocks, we gatta focus on what make mages... mages. And that is quite simply BIG. POWERFUL. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? spells. I'm hoping for a volcano spell. and, actually being able to do good dps with fire spec would be nice to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemagus
    -Personally, I think they are going to "debloat" Arcane, not some many CDs to manage more of a rotation.
    -Fire will be closer to the New Arcane, maybe a little more burst for Fire ? (CDs added) Etc.
    -FFB spec, ethier, A. They are removing it. B. they change it to the Warlock Cataclysm copy. (Refreshing Living bomb and Scorch)
    -Frost, will probably not rely so much on procs in PvE.

Your ideas? Comments?

(Sorry for all the edits, my spell/grammar check failed. And I got my ideas mixed up. Corrected now, I think/hope .
    1) Debloating Arcane is likely, but probably not to the great extent you might imagine, by a lore perspective, a large majority of mage spells come from that school. We will however, be rid of things like TtW and Netherwind presence.
    2) Arcane doesn't have that much to manage. Mages cry out that they have so much to manage. Being that I have one as a main, I can say that yes, lining things up together such as lightweave and ring procs makes you a cut above the rest when timing CD's with them, however you only have Arcane power and Icy veins for true cooldowns. You can't include Mirror images forever, and trinkets always change, be it user-proc or self-proc.
    3) Fire will likely receive some more on-demand ways of creating burst, or a talent to weave in more burst, but expect fire to get a buff regardless. Another cooldown to manage maybe, but likely a new mechanic such as FoF. (By new i mean... to the spec.)
    4) Frost relying on procs is what makes it seem desirable i suppose, or some form of novelty in that. I would propose (though it doesn't matter what I say), that they will increase the proc rate of things at the trade-off of survivability. I've made numerous suggestions of how this could be done, but it isn't likely to see them. I would expect to see some sort of overhaul made so frost is even more usable.