Thread: Seriously...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Gotnobubble
    i seriously need to ask this..... do warriors really need another close the gap ability?

ah well.
    They are going to get sprint and blink as well

If this is a creativity argumnent, go watch a farking movie. It must take alot of coffee to come up with 3 copypaste sequels every 'new' film (about superheroes most likely) that's released. And they make billions. The videogame industry pretty much does the same thing (did I mention the middle ages called and want their imagery back, wait nvm asian fanboys got this one; or perhaps you preferred world war 2 to being a space marine for the third time). Don't even get me f*cking started on the music industry.

The point is: human beings are whores.

INB4 mother teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Possible on the lack of creativity part : they pitched this last expansion but it would exploit terrain so they quashed it. But thats been fixed so its being implemented
    Was the exploit that warriors could jump down tall cliffs and then just land with Heroic Leap and be all fine?

If that's the case, I think blizzard change it to not work that way, but more like charge. I bet that to use this ability you must use it on a target. In the WotLK beta you didnt need a target to use Heroic Leap, right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    artist/writer/whatever
    enter the director

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul
    Given that warcraft, starcraft and diablo are written by one guy, I'd say he's pretty damn creative. I'd like to see you write stories for million dollar game franchises...Oh you don't nvm.
    What's your point? That people aren't allowed to criticise Blizzard because they make millions of dollars and we don't?

:P

One of my favorite victims for criticising is Chris Paolini and his ridiculous Inheritance Cycle novels. He has an army of fanboy followers who like to use the same argument as you just did. "I'd like to see you write a novel and make a million dollars just like he did." I'll tell you the same thing I tell them, and that is if I'm not allowed to criticise a book or some plot element in a game because I haven't produced any million dollar works of my own yet, then neither can you. In fact, you nor anyone else can ever say anything about how "crappy that movie was, lousy that game was, stupid this book was, or how sucky this singer is". Because, well, none of us make millions of dollars producing shit like this.

Right?

:

EDIT: And just to be fair here, no I do not recognize Blizzard as being the best or the most original story tellers either. They're still my favorite game developer though because, frankly, I love their games and I love Warcraft. Doesn't mean they're beyond my criticism though.

One of my favorite victims for criticising is Chris Paolini and his ridiculous Inheritance Cycle novels. He has an army of fanboy followers who like to use the same argument as you just did. "I'd like to see you write a novel and make a million dollars just like he did." I'll tell you the same thing I tell them, and that is if I'm not allowed to criticise a book or some plot element in a game because I haven't produced any million dollar works of my own yet, then neither can you. In fact, you nor anyone else can ever say anything about how "crappy that movie was, lousy that game was, stupid this book was, or how sucky this singer is". Because, well, none of us make millions of dollars producing shit like this.
    this guy is awesome btw...and everyone needs to recognize this

Quote Originally Posted by jr06
    What's the problem with recycling this mechanic? I loved it in Diablo, I'm sure it will be pretty sweet here. As long as they don't give pallies flying hammers! Oh wait...
    you do realize that the flying hammer is from warcraft 3 which WOW is based entirely off of Warcraft 3 and the Warcraft world.

10+ Year Old Account

Sigh. Always people unhappy and whining about something.
    I would feel very ashamed of myself if I felt the urge to whine at everything Blizzard does...
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishockya

Seems to me that warriors are becoming a little more like something i like to call...Barbarians...hmmm lack of creativity blizz???

tyvm

If warriors get Find Potion and Find Item, then we can be worried.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!

Seems to me blizzard needs a spine tbh...i love how the second 1 player QQs about something they change it...
    The amount of hyperbole you are using in that line is staggering. Blizzard makes lots of unpopular decisions. They are willing to make these decisions if they believe it will better the game overall. I think that is showing enough “spine”.

And where originality is concerned, without doing any prior research I would guess that the majority of spells in this game are replicated/derived from previous Blizzard projects (and those spells were likely inspired by other sources). This is nothing new. Deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotnobubble
    i seriously need to ask this..... do warriors really need another close the gap ability?

ah well.
    Shares a CD with charge. Same thing different effect/animation, not a big deal really not sure why everyone is complaining. Personally I'd love to play my warrior again just to curb stomp everything.

Every warrior dude is wanking on this whole thing.
    But I dont get it (I am a mage).

What is this different then (charge ft Thunderclap) Only that its in the sky and you get stunned.
    Clothies has to quit the game because of this, no more kiting b/c of this....

I have checked the Youtube vid... but still not get the whole AMAZING OMG! thing...

If I see a fat warrior flying my way, ill blink behind hes ass xD
    That was not possible with charge... but now it is !!

So imo, warriors are even more screwed if they use this against mages/warlocks.

i thought that same thing when i read it cause im am currently like the top 200th barbarin on the US east ladder server :P
    and i was like "hey noe i can play a Barb in WoW too"
    Its a crazy world out there, luckily i rarely see, expierience or go out into it cause ive got my own world.....of warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    I find it funny that you ever thought Blizzard was creative to begin with. Sure, they have their spouts every now and then as most people do, but for the most part, nah.

They basically took Kerigan's story from Brood War and did the exact same shit with Arthas in Frozen Throne. You think they're going to give a damn if they recycle a few mechanics across games? :
    You can take almost any story and change things around to get the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    What's your point? That people aren't allowed to criticise Blizzard because they make millions of dollars and we don't?

:P

Right?

:

EDIT: And just to be fair here, no I do not recognize Blizzard as being the best or the most original story tellers either. They're still my favorite game developer though because, frankly, I love their games and I love Warcraft. Doesn't mean they're beyond my criticism though.
    I'll admit I got seriously pwned.

That being said, however. I do not share your opinion about lack of creativity. Sure, some stories are similar, settings are different and the overall feel of each franchise is different. When I write a story and I really like an element about it, I shamelessly use it again on some other story or drawing or painting. Some people seem to forget writers and artists reuse some of the things they like because they have fun with it and thought "man, this is a really cool concept, I bet I could use it here again too." Same could be said about artists that use the same technique for every painting. It's their style. They have fun with it.

Perhaps this is a naive way of looking at the industry, maybe Im talking about having fun as an artist and all theyre looking for is a cheap, easy way to get money.

People have a right to say when they dislike something, this is true. They have the right to criticize what they don't like but when people question creativity when it's just subtle hints of reusing some content I see it as a bit pointless.

Deleted

Hmm.. Heroic Leap is one of the coolest spells ever.. And wow has ALOT of diablo things in it.. Sockets is one of the huge things stolen from it.. And if you've seen Diablo 3 theres also wow spells in that, Toravon uses the spell Frozen Orb from diablo 2.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Seems to me that warriors are becoming a little more like something i like to call...Barbarians...hmmm lack of creativity blizz???

tyvm

Lol - if you don't think there is creativity in WoW - perhaps when you log on next time, you could try opening your eyes - instead of walking through life with them closed.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Menzorra
    So imo, warriors are even more screwed if they use this against mages/warlocks.
    Warriors are screwed no matter what they do when they come up against mages and locks after all our damn nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    Let's see some cool spells you created.
    You want to see cool, creative and and balanced spell ideas made by players?

Click, browse smile. There's nothing more fun than the loudest voices of critique seriously trying to make it better.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

The Norse called on behalf of their friends in Sumer and the Middle Ages ... I think they want a share in every mmorpg that has been released.

Just throwing out some quick links,feel free to look the other way:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norsemen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Old_One

Edit - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/warrior