Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Anyone else not training Inner rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Torne
    "Hi, i have no Idea how things will work in Cataclysm, yet i stupidly asume everything will stay the same exept the new spells. so i think all the spells are totally retarded and will quit the game (actually not because i am addicted) and before that will mass QQ the forums. who´s with me?"
    Funny, i read the EXACT same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

It's funny watching you guys quibble over this stuff which is 99% likely to change before Cataclysm goes live.

I bet the mages will be even funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxbone
    It's funny watching you guys quibble over this stuff which is 99% likely to change before Cataclysm goes live.

I bet the mages will be even funnier.
    I agree with you, I'm sure its gonna be something funny.. like

"Phase Shift - 10 Second Cooldown, 250 mana - You teleport in the front of your enemy, dealing 500 damage them. Shares cooldown with Blink."

Lol

Really, what it will come down to is how our rage generation is balanced. While odds are it will be a fairly great ability, I can see the case for it being a difficult one to successfully balance.

For example, as it stands the apparent fury rotation will have a lot of empty space in it (speculative, it could be that the redesigned heroic strike is expected to become our primary filler move), but blizzard does not expect us to continue using WW in single target fights simply because it now does only 50% weapon damage. There are a few explanations for this:

1) they will give us another attack, and/or play with cooldowns in such a way as to make fury as global cooldown restrained as arms currently is

2) for some strange reason they don't realize that warriors will necessarily weave it into their rotation - at a lower priority - for the simple reason that it is another button to push, damage to be dealt when we would otherwise be doing nothing (highly unlikely, but you never know)

3) they intend to balance our rage generation so tightly that we we genuinely can not afford to use whirlwind, even when we have nothing else to push

If the third option is the case, then Inner Rage could be a rather problematic ability, either because it is so rare to hit 100 rage that you almost never get anything out of it, it is so costly when you do activate it that you lose more damage from rage starving yourself and missing attacks in your standard rotation than you gain from the damage bonus, or some combination of the two.

Overall I suspect that we will be balanced with the expectation of it being active quite frequently, and it will work out to be neither overpowered nor underwhelming, but this is a cautious optimism. Blizzard has failed at their attempts to balance the warrior class often enough in the past that I am hesitant to allow them the full benefit of the doubt. I'll see how it all works out when beta rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar
    Inner rage wtf.

Im skipping it, whos with me?
    Yeah. Fuck extra DPS.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Maybe I missed someone mention it, but in addition to rage being normalized we are being given more ways to generate rage. My guess is you will simply use a rage generating tool after getting the buff to make up for the increased cost of moves. Or if you need to spell reflect and are rage starved use a rage generating move (i.e. a shout).

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Maybe I missed someone mention it, but in addition to rage being normalized we are being given more ways to generate rage. My guess is you will simply use a rage generating tool after getting the buff to make up for the increased cost of moves. Or if you need to spell reflect and are rage starved use a rage generating move (i.e. a shout).
    That's actually got me looking forward to making my warrior my primary alt in Cataclysm. Right now she either has way too damn much and I can't spend it fast enough without hurting my DPS by spamming execute (and therefore I'm pretty much just pressing buttons as the GCD/their cooldowns finish and not having fun) or she's rage-starved and I'm constantly popping Bloodrage and Berserk when they're off cooldowns, wasting GCDs in order to have enough rage to do anything. Having rage normalized so you gain and lose it at a decent rate rather than have to fret about whether or not you'd lose more DPS by blowing a GCD on a rage-builder is a good thing for DPS warriors while the varying rage costs for aggro dumps means warrior tanks won't spend the fight with a full rage bar that sometimes ticks down to 75% when they use a high-cost skill.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Keevan
    1) they will give us another attack, and/or play with cooldowns in such a way as to make fury as global cooldown restrained as arms currently is

2) for some strange reason they don't realize that warriors will necessarily weave it into their rotation - at a lower priority - for the simple reason that it is another button to push, damage to be dealt when we would otherwise be doing nothing (highly unlikely, but you never know)

3) they intend to balance our rage generation so tightly that we we genuinely can not afford to use whirlwind, even when we have nothing else to push
    Remember that Heroic Strike is not going to have a cooldown.
    There is always another button you can push, and i expect HS to deal more damage against single targets then WW would.