Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I think you guys might want to expect a Divine storm change as well

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Cataclysm Preview: Warrior Q&A
    [blizzquote="Bornakk;"]Here are some follow ups based on what is being discussed.

Q: Will the rotation for a Fury Warrior just be Bloodthirst and Slam with Heroic Strike to burn off rage?
    A: We think Fury is going to end up needing another attack in there for single-target fights. Furious Sundering was intended more as having to Sunder being less of a penalty, but at only 3 stacks, it may not end up being a big deal and we don’t want Fury to feel like they have to purchase a talent that they may not always use. We don’t want Whirlwind to be a good button against single targets however. It essentially gets “free” damage against groups of targets when it’s effective at using against single targets. It’s okay if warriors still do more damage in fights where they can use Cleave and similar attacks often, but right now it’s too extreme.
    Divine storm essentially does the same thing on boss fights, unless theres something im missing :?

Re: I think you guys might want to expect a Divine storm change as well

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER
    Divine storm essentially does the same thing on boss fights, unless theres something im missing :?
    Only Difference is DSt is Paladin's only Melee Scale AoE attack

Warriors have others.

Blizzard has been giving the Paladin/Shaman more CC and AoE damage tools.

I'm actually expecting some sort of toned down version of Crusader strike to be available in a very low level.

Or Crusader strike being removed from the talent tree, and then added like i said above.

Might as well throw off the wall predictions, since it's going to take them an extra week to provide us a preview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    I'm actually expecting some sort of toned down version of Crusader strike to be available in a very low level.

Or Crusader strike being removed from the talent tree, and then added like i said above.

Might as well throw off the wall predictions, since it's going to take them an extra week to provide us a preview.
    oh yes that might actually be possible... because you know how leveling a pally is like....

judge---- wait for judge cd---judge ... until you learn exorcism /CS :P

something like enh shammy's new skill learned at level 3

15+ Year Old Account

They can't change DS unless they actually are going to add additional Paladin attacks to the game. And since Paladins still have only two melee attacks, excluding Judgment, 5 years into the game (both of which were added by expansion unless CS was in Vanilla and I forget) I wouldn't hold your breath for them to add more.

Although considering they added a vanilla version of Storm Strike for Shaman I expect them to add a toned down version of CS. But then again, how can you get more tuned down than an attack that basically just attacks and has no other utility to it lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    Paladins will have a new spell that attacks their target with a different affect depending on the seal they have up similar to the Shaman imbue spell. Depending on how Blizzard is feeling at the time will determine if that spell consumes the Seal as re-upping your Seal every 10-15 seconds could be seen as dynamic gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    They can't change DS unless they actually are going to add additional Paladin attacks to the game. And since Paladins still have only two melee attacks, excluding Judgment, 5 years into the game (both of which were added by expansion unless CS was in Vanilla and I forget) I wouldn't hold your breath for them to add more.

Although considering they added a vanilla version of Storm Strike for Shaman I expect them to add a toned down version of CS. But then again, how can you get more tuned down than an attack that basically just attacks and has no other utility to it lol.
    There was something similiar in Vanilla called Holy Strike. And Crusader Strike was in there too but different as it is today. I think it was similiar with what the Scarlet guys are using in Scarlet Monastery stacking a debuff wich increases holy damage. Correct me if im wrong though
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

Paladins will have a new spell that attacks their target with a different affect depending on the seal they have up similar to the Shaman imbue spell. Depending on how Blizzard is feeling at the time will determine if that spell consumes the Seal as re-upping your Seal every 10-15 seconds could be seen as dynamic gameplay.
    So basically... Judgement as it was before 3.0?

LF secondary resource system pst

Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    There was something similiar in Vanilla called Holy Strike. And Crusader Strike was in there too but different as it is today. I think it was similiar with what the Scarlet guys are using in Scarlet Monastery stacking a debuff wich increases holy damage. Correct me if im wrong though
    that was in the beta and got removed

Quote Originally Posted by Tengill
    that was in the beta and got removed
    But the Pally Haters Developers removed it.

Times changed now. We no longer a Healer only class anymore.

BTW
    Crusader Strike and Holy Strike were "next Melee"

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the Whirlwind change. Divine Storm IS whirlwind with a cool swirly yellow graphic instead of a red one.

Fury warriors do have Cleave as well as Whirlwind... maybe they'll decide that DS is fine and leave it alone, but using the logic they stated as their reason for changing whirlwind, DS should get the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw the Whirlwind change. Divine Storm IS whirlwind with a cool swirly yellow graphic instead of a red one.

Fury warriors do have Cleave as well as Whirlwind... maybe they'll decide that DS is fine and leave it alone, but using the logic they stated as their reason for changing whirlwind, DS should get the same treatment.
    nope, then Shaman's Chain lighting would get changed as well.

Unlike Warriors, Paladins and Shaman needed DPS AoE attacks for their melee specs.

Warriors get these.

Paladins and Shamans lacked in the AoE.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    So basically... Judgement as it was before 3.0?
    Ya but this time it has a new unique animation and button tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tro
    nope, then Shaman's Chain lighting would get changed as well.

Unlike Warriors, Paladins and Shaman needed DPS AoE attacks for their melee specs.

Warriors get these.

Paladins and Shamans lacked in the AoE.
    Try again. Elemental Shamans don't use CL except for on multi target fights or VERY rarely as a filler right before LvB. Lightning bolt is much better.

What Blizzard is saying is that they don't like for AOE and single target rotations to be the same. Maybe it won't happen, who knows? But don't be shocked if DS gets similar treatment. I think Blizzard wants every dps class to have a unlimited target aoe, which we have in consecrate, but it's very weak.

If it consumes the seal are we gonna see 30 second up time on each seal or is this gonna be another attempt by blizzard to make us more aware of mana

I wouldn't anticipate them to rework judgments and seals yet again. A play-off of them, sure, but a total revamp is unlikely.

DS might get the whirlwind nerf-bat, however, they will have to replace it with something else, allowing us another spell to be our hard hitter. I don't see why they wouldn't keep it though, Consecration can just be adjusted via talents or something to help increase the effect, or make retribution aura a small area of effect, instead of on hit.

These changes though, would only mean we hit one less target or something.

If we lose DS as-is to the whirlwind change, Expect a new attack like an obliterate.

Remember, they want to add things for rets to do, and allow for them to mess up more. Compensation will come in some form.

15+ Year Old Account

Try again. Elemental Shamans don't use CL except for on multi target fights or VERY rarely as a filler right before LvB. Lightning bolt is much better.

What Blizzard is saying is that they don't like for AOE and single target rotations to be the same. Maybe it won't happen, who knows? But don't be shocked if DS gets similar treatment. I think Blizzard wants every dps class to have a unlimited target aoe, which we have in consecrate, but it's very weak.
    Hence the "AoE attacks for their melee specs." part of the post.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental Shaman FAQ (3.3) [url
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-shaman/elemental-shaman-wotlk-faq-and-basic-mechanics-updated-for-3-2/[/url] ]
    *Chain Lightning will come before Lava Burst in this priority assuming it has the opportunity to jump to additional targets!
    This priority will give you the maximum DPS for a priority rotation. With the changes to Chain Lightning, casting it every time it is off cooldown is a DPS increase over only spamming Lightning Bolt between every Lava Burst cast due to Chain Lightning having a higher DPCT (Damage Per Cast Time) than Lightning Bolt.
    the only time CL is not used is when you just self-rezzed and need to regain mana
    ah btw l2p elemental

As was mentioned earlier, I can see a new ability that has effects based on our current seal, very much akin to the new Shaman ability. I can also see Seal of Justice being removed from the game. If Divine Storm is being altered in the same way Whirlwind is, then I would see this new ability taking its place in single-target fights.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!