Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Which class has the highest dps nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzu
    Sure DPS =/= Damage done.. thats why it is called differently lol. But if you may notice DPS = Damage Done / Fight Time, so DPS scales linear with Damage done, so iit doesnt matter if you talk about DPS or Damage done, it will end up with the same conclusion...
    This is only true if your fight uptime was exceedingly high (or as high as everyone else's).
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa
    that's very misleading because it takes aoe damage into account. best dps right now is rogues followed by mages, hunters, affl locks, dk... at least that seems to be the case from my experience. though getting a lock to perform his best is more difficult than other classes in ICC it seems simply because of the mechanics of the fight. if the lock has to change targets such as for Saurfang (sp?) it's much harder for him to top the dps charts because of his reliance on dots.
    I play a ret pally, and the only classes I've seen consistently out dpsing me (similar gear level) are rogues, mages and hunters (in that order). Could be I'm not as good as those players, but the rogues in my guild put out some sick dps - I'm only at about 9.5-10k in 25m consistently.
    “Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.”
    Please check out My Mixes

Warriors/dks/locks on fights with adds.
    Rogues/feral/mage on fights without.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof
    Yeah, that's why I clarify it, because 50% of the community doesn't give a rotten crap about Damage Done.
    Yeah, if only place like WoL would do their rankings based on damage done and ignore silly things like uptime on their rankings!

oh wait....

Big care about sheer damage output. It's about fluid performance, being able to maximize your output on the given encounter. Not pressing shooty buttons on a dummy. That's why I believe that the WoL link is accurate.

That would propably be rogues and mages. Shadow Priests and DKs are awesome aswell, nowadays.

Hogger, second Restochicken.

This thread promotes brain cancer.

nbumpp

By the looks of 'World of Logs', the first 4 classes in DPS in Icecrown is Fury Warrior.
    Vojka: You've got to tank a set amount of mobs everytime.
    Maskara: I'm Prot, I can do whatever. If Arms can do it, Prot can do it better. Nuff said. /thread
    Vojka: Lol, cept damage.
    Maskara: Basically.