10+ Year Old Account

LF PvP vids with GOOD players fighting each other.

I'm tired of those played out PvP vids of so-so players in great gear facerolling over newbs and poorly geared people at an attempt to boost their ego.

Are there any vids with 2+ genuinely good, well geared players going at it with each other? I want to see skill involved from both sides.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Re: LF PvP vids with GOOD players fighting each other.

akrios vs. neilyo
    arena movies by players on very high rating in strong battlegroups (reckful, xmo, hydra or whatnot)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

most of the videos out there are people blowing all their cool downs with the berserking buff hitting people with 0 resil, of course your going to hit like a truck

are you looking for arena based videos or just duels/bgs?

Check out Orangemarmalade on youtube. You'll find some crazy 1v1 mage/mage or mage/paladin. Plus the video that made him famous

Edit: Here's the original video of RMP vs RMP playing for 30.000$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duX4...ext=1&index=35

10+ Year Old Account

A freind of mine wouldnt shut up about Swifty, maybe look him up

Hydra 7. It's a few months old now but there's games against teams like SK EU and a pretty funny comedy bonus clip at the end.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=133081

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baubles
    most of the videos out there are people blowing all their cool downs with the berserking buff hitting people with 0 resil, of course your going to hit like a truck

are you looking for arena based videos or just duels/bgs?
    Any vid with a good fight. I usually like outdoor PvP the most, but it's hard to find one of those with 2 good players, it's usually one person ambushing some newb doing their quests and 2 shotting them.

I think my favorite so far is of a Hunter at level 76 or so taking out 2+ level 80s. Think it's called DDD or something. The one with Orangemermalade killing 2 people in arena was pretty nice as well (albeit a bit boring towards the end).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Hi Darky How u Doing??
    ;D ;D ;D
    "Get rich or die grinding."

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I'd stay away from Swifty videos. You might learn one or two gimmicky tricks, but the guy isn't that amazing. Most of his interesting tips and tricks videos are rather out of date. If you actually want to watch good warrior videos I'd suggest checking out Hoodrych.

If you want to watch a bunch of PvP videos by gladiators you can spend 5 bucks and sign up for skill-capped.com. And no you can't use my account.

^Skillcapped any good?

Or you can use warcraft movies and the arenajunkies forums for free.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    ^Skillcapped any good?
    I'd happily write a review of skill-capped if that is allowed on the forums. I have no idea if that goes against any sort of MMO-Champion policy so if does feel free to edit or delete my post.

I got my skill-capped account maybe the second day after they opened, and at first glance I was actually rather disappointed. The section for arena statistics was still in development and there were very few warrior videos (one of the reasons I signed up). After checking out the warrior videos that were up, although informative, the quality was really poor. I sent an email expressing my feelings. Within roughly 20 minutes, and before receiving an email from Jeff who works there I was already refunded my money. In the email he sent he was nice enough to keep my account open, and apologized for the quality. He wanted me to check out the site and let people know my thoughts whether they were good or bad. I had a few email conversations with him following that, and must say the folks who work there are nice and doing their best to make a great site.

I must say I'm glad he kept my account open as they are definitely committed to providing a great site. The warrior videos I was initially upset with had already been noted by them as being below the standard of the site, and the videos were recoded to look better. Since initially signing up more videos have also been added by other warriors (could still use more videos, but they keep adding them and its a new site), and more get upload nearly every day.

One thing I discovered during this incident with poor quality warrior videos was that there are two video formats. There is a low quality version and high quality version of each video. You are only allowed a certain amount of HD video credits per month, but you can watch them in LQ as much as you like. They have also increased the amount of HD videos you can watch per month, as well as increasing the quality of the LQ videos. I honestly don't have a problem watching things in LQ for the most part. But with the increase in HD views per month I can't even really go through all of the credits.

What you won't find in the video section is big crit type videos. This is more of a tutorial based site. It's a place were you get videos on how XYZ comp beats ABC comp, or how class X beats class Y in duels. These are videos created by gladiators of their respective class, but they provide tutorials about the basic stuff too from keybinds to addons. My buddy who plays at 2500 ratings has learned things and my friend who casually plays in the 1200 bracket has learned things from the videos also. In other words the videos provide a nice mix for various skilled players.

Navigating through the videos is amazingly simple also. If you want to see videos that include warriors and mages in them you could do that all while sorting them by the date published or author or comp. If you want to see all videos by a certain player you can do that also. In addition to simply watching of videos they have a comments section on videos and a Q&A section. This is a nice feature because the "cool video" comments are separate from the, "How do I avoid getting hit by X spell" type comments. The gladiators who posted the videos will respond to the questions in the Q&A (they are paid to do this), and so you get thoughtful responses without any of the "L2P" comments one might normally expect with some questions.

They also have forums their which are another good resource for asking questions or discussing tactics. Unlike Arena Junkies you aren't restricted to where you post because of your personal ratings. If you want to post in the warrior forums and ask a question you can do so. They also provide an articles section where gladiators discuss various things to help improve play or understand the game better.

So to sum it up, if you are looking for a good selection of tutorial videos, and a resource for improving your arena skills it is definitely worth the 5 bucks. If it's only worth the money with their statistics section then you'll need to wait as it is still in development. If you are looking for big crit videos then stay away. I should add if 5 bucks is a big deal to you then it probably isn't worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norena View Post
    Check out Orangemarmalade on youtube. You'll find some crazy 1v1 mage/mage or mage/paladin. Plus the video that made him famous

Edit: Here's the original video of RMP vs RMP playing for 30.000$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7duX4...ext=1&index=35
    mage/pally will be intresting.... or not