Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Big flaws in Spiritwalkers Grace

I see some big problems with this ability, it is incredibly underpowered. Granted we don't know much about it yet, but anyway you look at it, its not that great.

Assuming it just gives you the ability to cast while running...
    -long cd, short duration, very situational.
    -can still be snared (crip poision we cant dispel anymore)
    -can still be interupted

One of the easiest counters to this ability is another shaman lol!! Wind Shear would make this feel very useless, also charge, death grip ect. The fact that your casting leaves you open to lockouts from too many sources.

Now....lets say they give you 10 sec of freedom and you can't be interupted as well.

Then why do we even have to cast in the first place? Why not just trigger 3 instant casts, like 3 nature swiftness, but for any element, but give it like a 2 sec gcd between each cast. By saying we can cast, they want a very easy counter thru interupts or stuns ect.

Sounds cool on paper but not all that great when you think about it in practice. I know Blizz has the right intentions and is trying to give us some tools for mobility, but this probably isn't the way to do it.

Re: Big flaws in Spiritwalkers Grace

you´re completely right. especially as enhance, i am really confused about what to do with this ability :P.

especially in pvp, i cant imagine this ability turning tides, as my heals are usually weak, stacking maelstrom while casting will probably waste stacks ( i often witnessed maelstrom stacking to 5 while casting a 3 or 4 stack cast ).

maelstrom weapons is the main reason for this new spell to appear weird. why actiavating an ability to cast while walking when we can get most of our spells to be instant, so that we can cast them while walking WITHOUT getting interrupted?

there´s also the question wether or not this will be dispellable ( maelstrom for example is ( oh how i h8 blizz for this )).

FAZIT: for a 2 minute cooldown 10 second duration, there could be BY FAR more useful effects.

hunterbubble, evasion, uninterruptable stuff from holydin, iceblock etc... there are many cool things across the different classes, and none of them are easy to counter because they are emergency buttons.

especially looking at dks ( deathgrip, chains, silence, interrupt ) i cant see this ability as really strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted

In pve this ability is fantastic.
    In pvp its likely it will need a little buff. Although it might make you unsnarable while using it, we simply don't know right now. It should be like a freedom that lets you cast and in restoration (or glyph) make it usable when stunned (like pain suppression). This would just make it so it would be a more helpful CD for restoration.
    Still its a powerful ability that we don't know much about yet, if used correctly it will win games, especially as Elemental and Restoration.

Benefits I can think about:

* your partner is chasing someone around a pillar while getting beaten on? Run with him and heal/purge

* you need to heal him while a mage is just waiting for you to show yourself so he can cs you? Start heal, hide behind pillar and get in los to your friend a split second before the heal goes off.

* need to rezz your partner? Same thing, start cast, hide behind pillar, get in los before it goes off, if you time it right, the opponent who just started running towards you will be too late to interupt you.

* hex while runing away

* heal flag carriers while running with tem so you don't get raped by the angry mob behind them

* kiting melees while still doing damage

* spec engineering and melt faces mid-air (or get someone to levitate/slowfall you)

* looking cool 8)

"your spells are no longer interrupted by movement and possibly even by your own attacks." - Allows Enhance shamans to cast spells while melee attacking, and with the enhancement nature damage mastery bonus that is pretty sick. Also is freaking great for pillar-hump healing in arenas.
    Also, everything Cjeska said

10+ Year Old Account

In raids this will definitely let me jump more >.>

...worn out spacebar ftw

So this is a bit off topic but seeing that you mentions crip poison, i feel like saying this.

Crip poison is op as hell. If you deny it, gtfo.

Less rage version inc. So seeing how they are removing the ability to remove poisons from a lot of classes, as well as reducing MS effect, I believe they will be lowering the speed reduction of crippling. I believe this works with the MS effect because they are changing the MS effect because they are changing healing and burst in pvp. Since they are removing the ability to remove poisons, i believe that they will be lowering the speed reduction of crippling poison. And honestly with the way they are making pvp sound, they will be doing something to Cheap Shot.

One can only hope. I wish my shaman brethren luck in the upcoming cataclysm. Some people have deathwing to fear, but not us. We will never be afraid of that dragon aspect because we are shaman!

However, we will shit our pants the moment we see a rogue. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Some people have deathwing to fear, but not us. We will never be afraid of that god because we are shaman!
    Dragon Aspects =/= gods

idk how being able to be interupted is a bad thing.....

would you rather be standing still having a melee stab you? Maybe immune to pushback but at least it is harder to interupt you while moving....

pvp =/= wow , there still is pve. Widen your viewing range and you might see that this ability has some potential
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    Dragon Aspects =/= gods
    very true, ty. Fixed ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

So you say it should be a passive aura, granting permanent freedom and immunity to interrupt effects?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    So you say it should be a passive aura, granting permanent freedom and immunity to interrupt effects?
    Wouldn't hurt

I see what you are saying. The ability seems to be underpowered. But it has a lot of uses as already mentioned. If it ends up being too underpowered, it will be buffed. We have the entire beta and even after going live, it can be buffed . So don't let yourself down. Overall, I am loving it, it effects 2 of our speccs directly (and maybe enha too, we are not sure yet) and it's a great buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

This ability will be used on a more situational basis. I am sure we'll find amazing ways to use it in both PvE and PvP but first lets wait for it to go live. Many things might be changed

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov

No, I said even if it had both of those aspects to it, it would still be underpowered because of how easy it is to interrupt a spell. I speak mainly of Wind Shear, which would make this spell completly useless. Just Shear the first cast, and have your partner charge or deathgrip or whatever for the other one. Making it immune to interrupts makes the whole idea of casting at all ridiculous.

Which is why I said it should just be 3 instant casts within 10 sec or whatever, with a longer gcd between each, like 2 sec. It would simulate casting, without leaving you open to interupts. Just a thought tho.

I know I'm being very pvp oriented, but from what I have seen the majority of cataclysm spells seems to be trying to address pvp balance, since we probably have enough tools in pve. The cooldown would make it kind of useless in pve imo, especially for enhance.

Also, there are the positional problems like facing your target when casting and such.

Spiritwalkers Grace seems useless for enhance on a whole because thanks to MW, we don't need to actually cast spells.

However, PvE orientated wise, this is extremely useful for resto / ele shamans.

I can't see SG having much use for enhance at all though, even if they allow auto attacking whilst casting, because we won't be able to use SS/ES or it might overlap with MW_5 proc's & then I would be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf

No, I said even if it had both of those aspects to it, it would still be underpowered because of how easy it is to interrupt a spell. I speak mainly of Wind Shear, which would make this spell completly useless. Just Shear the first cast, and have your partner charge or deathgrip or whatever for the other one. Making it immune to interrupts makes the whole idea of casting at all ridiculous.
    So you want an ability that cannot be countered?

I feel no ability should be an "I WIN!" button. From the scenario you picture you made 3 assumptions:
    1. There is another Shaman on the opposing team
    2. There is a DK/Warrior on the opposing team
    3. The DK on the opposing team has Death Grip available and is off CD

The best way to put it is simply this, if your having an issue at present with being interrupted/DGed/Charged and unable to heal/dps in arenas "You're doing it wrong" and no amount of new balanced abilities will fix it.

evasion. not really counterable except you´re able to get behind them.
    blind. not counterable except trinket ( no interrutability, not dispellable )
    sap. not counterable except you´re able to get into combat fast enough, which is almost impossible in arena ( or use trinket )
    bubble. not counterable, except you´re a priest

as you can see, there are a bunch of abilities alsmost impossible to counter.

spiritwalkers grace would still be counterable through stuns, cc´s and silence
    far from an "I WIN!" button, especially with a short duration and high cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Im still having positive feelings about this Spell.

It might not be a I WIN spell for pvp, but in PvE it is definately gonna make shamans more powerfull.
    As said in OP this havent got much info out on it yet, and i think that we are gonna hear more about how this is gonna work when we get further close to Cata.
    When beta comes out it is gonna be exciting to see the ways to use this, and depending on when its used i still see this as a quite nice spell.