Curse of Agony in Cataclysm

Curses the target with agony, causing X Shadow damage over 24 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first, and builds up as the Curse reaches its full duration. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target.

All warlock damage-over-time (DoT) spells will benefit from crit and haste innately. Haste will no longer act to reduce the DoT's duration, but rather to add additional ticks. When reapplying a DoT, you can no longer "clip" the final tick. Instead, this will just add duration to the spell, similar to how Everlasting Affliction currently works.

So, how does Agony work in Cataclysm? Will it start over completely after the final tick?
    New Class: Runemaster
    New Alliance Race: Furbolg
    New Horde Race: None yet.
    New Zones: None yet.
    New Battleground: Ruins of Eldre'Thalas, Silithus Quarry, Taurajo Fields, Sorrows Training Grounds
    New Dungeon: None yet.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Curse of Agony in Cataclysm

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

CoA is different from other dots because it doesn't do the same damage every tick. The first ticks are weak and the last the strongest.

I presume that if you clip CoA it will let your next tick of CoA tick and restart your CoA back to the low damage start. So the same concept as now applies, let your CoA finish before recasting.

15+ Year Old Account

DoT haste is one of those things we'll need to see live to fully understand, especially when pertaining to individual spells (i.e. how do you increase the tick frequency of a single tick, 60s period bane of doom? You can't without 100% haste.)

Locked as there are already threads on dot haste mechanics, and this topic (COA) is not broad enough to have its own thread; stick to the stickies (pun intended).

R.I.P. YARG