Page 1 of 2
LastLast

feral druid questions about gear, and some stats

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ird&gn=Epitaph

here is my current gear set up and I am a little under expertise cap. I am wondering How important expertise is to a feral cat druid, since I see a lot of druids way under cap. Please give me some advice about gear upgrades (except for H icc25) etc...

Re: feral druid questions about gear, and some stats

First we need to know Feral Tanking or Feral Kitty.

why feral cat of course

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

You are way better geared than me, but still....:

Why you got improved mangle? since it has 60sec duration now, those points are pretty much a waste.

Also, forget Hit/Exp until you are near Crit cap.

I'm sure someone who is more familiar with high-level play can give you better guidance, I stopped serious playing after ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave
    You are way better geared than me, but still....:

Why you got improved mangle? since it has 60sec duration now, those points are pretty much a waste.

Also, forget Hit/Exp until you are near Crit cap.
    Imp mangle is a few dps behind FA on single target, tank and spank fights. otherwise imp mangle > FA due to the amount of target switching bosses

If you really want a smooth rotation, stay gemmed the way you are. If you can handle some misses and want to yield more dps then you should switch your hit gems to arp and go for the hard cap hitting 86% arp

after you hit the arp hardcap you'll probably be hitting the crit cap (or at the very least, YOUR crit cap) so you'll want to then gem hit and exp if you have room.

you should also have survival of the fittest, possibly instead of 5/5 FA, especially as you're attempting Putricide, Sindragosa and LK. Many target switches

just a tip.
    switch your gloves enchant to 20hit and put a 20exp gem instead of one hit gem. way to gain 5exp without any loss

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow, really? Guess they really took a dumb on feral druids on the ICC fights then, atleast in Kologarn you could shred hands from behind/go for adds and in Thaddius it was possible to keep shredding him in a triangle formation.

is it more important for me to be expertise capped than to get to the armor pen hard cap? which would yield more Dps.

IMHO always get your hit/Exp capped first before foraying to everything else. No point in you having lots of ArPen but can't hit the boss/mobs at all. Exp cap is 6.50% if you are a cat I think, since the boss won't parry you. 7% if tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Velnica
    Exp cap is 6.50% if you are a cat I think, since the boss won't parry you. 7% if tank.
    The dodge exp cap is 6.5%, dosent matter if you are tank or dps. I dont remember the parry cap, but its way above 7%. Around 14 or 15 I think.

Well since you're a cat you should always attack from behind anyway, meaning if you hit 6.5% you should be fine. That's equivalent to 132 Exp Rating if you have Primal Precision (which you MUST have). I don't tank so I guess I stand corrected.

well, im currently hit capped at a lil over 8% and expertise is 21 I believe.

on another note, is the war token better than death's choice?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffthethird
    is it more important for me to be expertise capped than to get to the armor pen hard cap? which would yield more Dps.
    arp cap will yield more dps, if it's a concern and you don't think you can keep up with some misses you probably should stay close. i'm not sure why you think you'll never hit the boss Vaelnica, you'll still have at least a 90% chance to hit

you should look at Toskk's and/or Rawr to see which trinket is better, only it can give an accurate response as it changes depending on your gear

Hmm, I don't claim to be the master of all things cat but about 9 out of 10 people I ask about importance of stats usually say Hit/Exp -> Arp/Agi -> haste -> crit. I'm just going by what I know *shrugs* Plus hit cap is the easiest stats to overcap even without gems/enchant so I don't see why not.

15+ Year Old Account

well, im currently hit capped at a lil over 8% and expertise is 21 I believe.

on another note, is the war token better than death's choice?
    Yes, if you are crit-capped.
    No, if you aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

about hit/exp and arp, as always, it is mainly a matter of "feeling"

YES more arp when not at hit/exp cap allows more DPS IF YOU MANAGE MISSES/DODGES

if you are not "sure" about your management of misses/dodges, aim close to the caps and arp after

I think the feral crit cap is 75%? not sure what it is unbuffed and the difference being fully raid buffed.

15+ Year Old Account

I think the feral crit cap is 75%? not sure what it is unbuffed and the difference being fully raid buffed.
    white hits have a crit cap(~76%), specials can get to 100%

whats the crit cap that feral druids are supposed to strive for though, without trinket proc.

The white hit crit cap, which is 74,2% in a raid situation (with heart of the crusader), if I remember correctly.

If you reach that, then assuming your hit, expertise and ArP is capped, haste is the best stat.