Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How ToC could have been awesome

Personally, I thought the place was fun. No dumb trash to rifle through, and yeah, the scenery was bland and redundant, but that was minor all in all.

Idea:

ToC starts out with a jousting boss (they could tweak it to make it more interesting... different types of horses like with Occulus), then Faction Champs. Then we'd have the twin valkyr attack (not be part of the tournament). At this point, the Argent Crusade, rather than being complete scrubs, would send some story character along (or Tirion himself) to aid us. Finally we get them down, and when they die, they blow up the arena which drops us straight down...

the Nerubian kingdom. Here we'd fight our way through tunnels fighting trash and bosses. There would be three more bosses-

Big Evil Spider of Doom (name pending)
    Basically, think of the LK fight in HoR, except every so often, we had to stop and fight the boss by attacking one of his legs and crippling him. Then we'd run away. Unfortunately, in our haste to run away we end up going deeper into the tunnels.

Here we would fight more trash and and face not just any old nerubians, but nerubians corrupted by Yogg Saron - so with extra tentacles and such. Eventually we'd face a big old faceless one (or a forgotten one maybe). When he dies, he whips out a tentacle that breaks open a wall revealing a breeze of fresh air (so told by the story character who does like 200 dps despawns when everyone's dead). Aha! This must lead us outside.

As we follow the tunnel towards the surface, we encounter a corrupted Anubarak with tentacles and extra-spider-ness to boot. We fight him and finish him off. Tada!

I'm kinda rushed to get into the fight details, but this way we could have had a spider raid and still had your tourny...

Just my two cents.

Re: How ToC could have been awesome

Still seems watered down, really one of my biggest criticisms of ToC was the fact that they used Anub, imo Anub should have been given his own raid within Azjol Nerub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

10+ Year Old Account

This would have made it more interesting for sure, but you kinda combined the 5 man with the raid, then added your stuff. And i happen
    to love ToC, with the pvp-like champs, and the interesting 3-boss-1-encounter thing with beasts, it is my favorite raid to date.

Deleted

ToC and awesome do not belong in the same sentence. Even if could is there.

In the tunnels they should have the bosses been N Beasts and LJ. Idk
    "I remember you, in the mountains!"

...Umm...no you don't...I never did the Kirin Tor questline...you must be mistaking me for someone else.

"Well this is awkward"

Ghostcrawler promised me a pony, so he gave me the Celestial Steed!
    ...oh...$20?
    On second thought....take it back

no more fucking vehicle fights please no

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyre
    Still seems watered down, really one of my biggest criticisms of ToC was the fact that they used Anub, imo Anub should have been given his own raid within Azjol Nerub.
    weren't we technically in Azjol nerub when we fought him?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyre
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sellas
    In the tunnels they should have the bosses been N Beasts and LJ. Idk
    You should know that Lord J. is a summon that went wrong.. right?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    Most likely, as the Nerubian Empire is kinda freakin' huge and goes from BT all the way up to Icecrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account

I disagree with almost everyone about ToC.

Yes, I hated it too, but not because the fights. The fights were interesting and unique. They really were.

The main issue (In my mind) was the one room setting. That and the 'clear it 4 times a week per toon!'

Crusader was the uselessest raid (my opinion) I would like to see wyrkul raid or Nerubian empire

Toc could have been better if it wasn't a hastily designed piece of trash designed to fill the gap between the only good raid instances of the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    The main issue (In my mind) was the one room setting. That and the 'clear it 4 times a week per toon!'
    This.

10+ Year Old Account

It was 5 bosses. With no trash, and was the only raid during 3.2. That was the problem.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    It was 5 bosses. With no trash, and was the only raid during 3.2. That was the problem.
    Don't spit out lies please.

You had Onyxia too!!!!!

/joke

Well, we are in 3..3-Catyclysm. Enough whining about past patches and let's transfer this good vibe to the future patches.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    Big Evil Spider of Doom
    Best name of a boss ever.

Honestly, with the shit they pulled in Ulduar, everyone's expectations were high for the next upcoming raid.

They just needed to be reminded that ICC was taking longer, and they didn't want an expansion where the main villain was going to die in such a short amount of time (like Black Temple).
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

ToC is fine how it is, could've been a bit more dynamic though like with jousting (as annoying as that may be) or more trash before you hit Anub. Poor Anub got demoted real hard since his days in WC3...