Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Divine Intervention, the oddball Paladin spell

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    Compared with DPS.

EJL
    Compared to SPriests, Elemental/Enhance Shaman, or Balance druids, who have more Spell power and a larger mana pool to support additional healing?

It used to be a huge pain in the ass to run back. Now it's generally pretty fast, and it's basically, oh I'll save myself 10g and my best friend 10g.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor
    "My son, "kough"... I wished I could continue to journey with you... But it seems Hogger was of greater strength than the damn farmers told us "kough". But you my son... You shall shall not be harmed... You shall find Mankrik´s wife in due time "kough" Farewell........ /cast Divine Intervention.
    This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by morechezzez
    exploiting fights like yogg?
    Also exploiting razorgore.

10+ Year Old Account

My guild actually used it on Saurfang when we were first downing him....DI the marked target that gets marked after 30%. Brez the pally(or soulstone them). Especially when it was bugged the first week they made it so disc priests bubbles didnt block his blood boil from giving points...and he was getting 10 times the normal blood points.....that week we HAD to have all our pallies use it......going from 1 mark if any to 5 marks in one fight due to buggy mechanics was annoying....but DI was the only way to do it.

The way I see it, DI is simply an archaic talent. Archaic in that it was designed for a philosophy that isn't necessarily true anymore. Think about it, DI is what? A Paladin talent. So yes, it was designed for old raids and dungeons, but what else were Paladins designed for? To balance Shaman, and vice versa. So in the olden days, both Paladins and Shaman were given a raid-saver, as they were each faction's special class and thus had to be balanced out. However, their methods are quite different.
    A Paladin sacrifices themself to save someone else, presumably someone who could rez. A Shaman, on the other hand, rezzes themself, as all Shaman can rez. This works great if you're only using these abilities to prevent long runs back to a boss.
    Where the problem arises is in the "modern" world. Like it's been mentioned, wipe protection isn't entirely necessary any more, simply a nice bonus. So what good are these old talents? Well, a Paladin can DI someone to help themself and someone else with repair bills, but that's it. A Shaman, on the other hand, can self-rez in a fight to continue helping the raid. A Shaman's ability is therefore much more useful than a Paladin's, and that's the problem.
    Somehow a balance would be nice to find, even though the days of Paladin vs. Shaman are long over. Since DI takes its target out of combat, and I'm loathe to say this but, how about a selfrez that can only be used out of combat, so both would in fact be wipe protection only? Or bring DI up to the other end, and do something that I can't think of this late at night. Then again, we could just accept the fact that it's morphed into something slightly different from its original intention, that is, Paladins have wipe protection, and Shaman have death protection.

DI is one of the funniest abilities a paladin has, especially when it comes to battlegrounds.

While I know blizzard IS going to change it based off of their current philosophy for cata, I'd rather keep it due to the randomness of killing yourself for fun or to mess with someone.

I use DI for this:

'*Rocket boots past guildy*' HAGABLAGHAARRAGHA. /cast divine intervention

Or

*Flies up to zone ceiling over meeting stone.*
    /dismount
    /wait
    /cast divine intervention
    IT'S RAINING MEN!!

I remember getting DI... I invited someone to a group and used it. I havent used it since. I think it should be like a mini decimate to yourself if you use it. not insta-death. We pay close to 1g for a reagent that causes us a repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartinz
    We pay close to 1g for a reagent that causes us a repair bill.
    as far as i remember it saves us a repair bill, correct me if i'm wrong

Deleted

I remember getting DI... I invited someone to a group and used it. I havent used it since. I think it should be like a mini decimate to yourself if you use it. not insta-death. We pay close to 1g for a reagent that causes us a repair bill.
    Failed, sorry.
    You don't pay anything like the target.

DI is a funny spell while wiping.