Poll: Are death Knights Over powered?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are Death Knights OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblust
    Yes i just saw that making my Vote for Yes Make even more sense in my opinion...too the people who say no May i ask what other class you think can solo OS10? cause even the most geared classes i doubt could do they they either cant Live long enough or if they can they cant dps Sarth fast enough.
    Yeah, because this game is totally balanced around soloing old instances that you vastly outgear. Why don't you go and take a look at some ICC and Arena logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    well it depends on what do you think ''OP'' is, but from my point of view - DK is great at leveling, soloing stuff, dk's are great and perfectly competetive against all other classes in dps and they are great tanks. I dont PVP at all so cant talk much about this part but i think they are pretty decent in this part of the game too. Most classes arent so good as DK in all those aspects so i think DK's are kinda OP
    You do have your points there, but I think the points you have does not prove the class to be OP, more well-balanced. They are essentially the essence of this game put together. They can do it all, they aren't over or under in any aspect of the game. And as I recall (can't quote or anything) that's what blizzard wants all classes to be. They can do it all (and I don't mean priest being tanks) but able to do every aspect of the game good enough. It basically comes down to defining "OP".

idk a death knight did solo sartharion lol sooooo
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

No. If not properley played, we hhit like level 60's at 80. If properley played, we can somethimes be. Play PvP, every class is OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

People this is Poll/matter of opinion if you have nothing nice too say please stick too the damn Poll and don't talk...this is not meant too get people Angry/pissed off its too see what people think about the question.
    What nice could be said about a thread we have all seen so many times when death knights just aren't overpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    yeah and this is only about PVP beacause its in pvp section, right? ??? ??? :
    Perhaps you don't understand the English language. You see, when you put an "or" in a sentence, it allows for two options. I already put in the PvE option which was "You don't know how to play your class."

Someone in 277 gear solo'd a ilvl 200 instance? That's..insane! That's like someone in 200 gear soloing a 133 instance!

But seriously, DKs are very amazing at soloing, as are paladins. I wouldn't be *too* suprised to see a prot paladin solo sarth, but DKs do have a bit of an advantage here. That being said, No I don't think DKs are op. They are lackluster in PVP, pretty much the least represented class in all 3 brackets. They are pretty balanced in PVE, DW frost DKs do pretty good dps, and 2h UH dks bring great damage to raids, but not OP.

Cheers.

no, absolutely not. DKs are fantastic farming Toons with higher level gear, but they are not OP.

Were DK's OP in 3.0? Yes. Are Dk's still OP in 3.3.x? No. Is this same discussion going to constantly be brought up again and again only to go on forever? Yes. Will people ever stop calling DK's OP even though we are under-represented in arena and clearly not the best tanks or top DPS in current raid content? No.

While soloing Sarth is a nice accomplishment, let's be honest, that fight only requires you to out heal the damage done, beat the enrage timer, and not fail to walls. In 264-277 tank gear, you won't take much damage at all. Death Strike + Rune Tap + Mark of Blood + Imp Blood Presence + Bloodworms + Vampiric Blood = a whole lot of self heals going on to negate what little damage is being taken. Tanking with a DPS weapon gives the benefit of putting out decent DPS even as a tank and even with that advantage he only barely beat the enrage timer.

It's not like it was a hard fight to tank when it was current and that easy of a fight has been soloed by one guy, three tiers of gear later. Grats to him, but that doesn't make DK's OP...that makes his gear OP for that fight. I bet a similarly geared pally could do it too. It's not like DK's everywhere can solo Sarth...feel free to level one, gear up, and try it yourself. If a DK could solo an ICC or even ToC boss, then DK's would definitely be OP. Hell, even an Uld boss (other than FL) would be quite the accomplishment. How many Naxx bosses could a DK solo? But Sarth? Old loot pinata is now uber-easy loot pinata. I'm impressed by that one person's gear and skill, but the class as a whole is still not OP.

10+ Year Old Account

who cares?

Nah not really he one class i thought about that could maybe solo was a paladin and after thinking about it they prob could but not nearly as easy as a DK..Once again this is just personal opinion.If you have a video with a paladin Soloing ill quit wow right now until then...Bite me.
    Because outgearing something on a self-healing tank class by three tiers makes the class overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

15+ Year Old Account

DK's are in no way overpowered and haven't been for some time now.

Being one of the 2 tanking classes that can solo alot of old content with almost BiS gear because of alot of self healing is not being overpowered.

To the OP: You say you read up on dk's before you made this thread but clearly you know nothing about where the dk class stand right now when compared to other classes in both PvE and PvP.

All of my Posts have now been removed,Why? Because almost everyone that posted about this thread Took a quote i said yet they didn't even read my First comment on the page and im tired of correcting people..^ is a example.
    WAIT,dont ban i have a plan,we can go talk too stan,the man And make ham with pam and it will go KABLAME!

doing 9-11k on my DK in voa 25 and my Mage doing 6-8 Doesn't make sense too me More so when they had around same buffs and were properly geared with the proper rotations.(Mage=arcane DK=Blood)now i know blood will be the tanking spec in cata but i could prob do even more dps on my DK with unholy which scares me even more so the Poll stands do you think DK are OP or not?
    Switching to unholy does not guarantee that you'll rise in dps, in fact, you could end up dropping. I still raid as blood, and out dps the rest of our dks. I have seen the following classes/specs rise far above me in our ICC raids:

Mutilate Rogue, Arcane Mage, Feral Druid, Marksmanship Hunter.

As for matching my dps +/- a few hundred points. I've seen countless classes do so: combat rogue, elem shammy, ret pally, shadow priest, demo/afflic locks, fury warrior.

These are just a few class/spec combos I've encountered playing in a casual raiding guild. If your arcane mage is doing 6k dps, then I really don't know what to say, you're doing it wrong. Granted, this is all in ICC, that raid that doesn't matter, while your dps in the very difficult, tank and spank fights of Toravon and Koravon, where a melee has to just pop cds and stare at their rotation probably states much more on how overpowered we are as a class.

15+ Year Old Account

All of my Posts have now been removed,Why? Because almost everyone that posted about this thread Took a quote i said yet they didn't even read my First comment on the page and im tired of correcting people..^ is a example.
    We read your first post, but we see these threads spring up several times a day and they basicly always have a few things incommon.

1. No proof at all
    2. Alot of whining and biased opinions

10+ Year Old Account

definitely not OP. i rape them day and night on my hunter in pvp and ive never so much as seen one get in the top 5 of any meters (with one exception). definitely not op

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    DK's are in no way overpowered and haven't been for some time now.

Being one of the 2 tanking classes that can solo alot of old content with almost BiS gear because of alot of self healing is not being overpowered.

To the OP: You say you read up on dk's before you made this thread but clearly you know nothing about where the dk class stand right now when compared to other classes in both PvE and PvP.
    In a way it is, in a way it is not.

Blizzard can remove the massive selfhealing part to avoid tanks being healers at the same time and try to balance it out like they have with warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    Because outgearing something on a self-healing tank class by three tiers makes the class overpowered.
    Not to disagree but show me a video of ANY self heal-capable tanking class that soloed a boss 3 tiers behind the highest prior to DK's being implemented and no I won't accept the old Paladin Reckbomb video("One shotting" Kazzak) because the reckoning mechanic was obviously not working as intended.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

10+ Year Old Account

[X] People who are voting are most likely Death knights.