Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Preview: Rogue

smoke bomb sounds fun. everything else is lame. The HoT sounds weak, they said it's a low lvl ability...hope it scales well

Smoke bomb sounds amazing GEIF NAO
    80 Rogue / 80 Druid

15+ Year Old Account

I am unimpressed, theres Not even a direct damaging ability.

Redirect sounds nice, but in a boss setting, why would i ever need to transfer my combo points? this doesnt work well for fights like rotface, festergut, marrowgar, ect. Great for leveling and PvP though.

Combat Readiness is great if im ever getting hit in a raid, and if im doing my job right, i shouldnt be. Great for Leveling and PvP.

Smoke Bomb is virtualty useless for a PvE, it doesnt realy do anything in a boss setting. PvP, sure great, cant be targeted cant be hit same for leveling, but in PvE, i doubt i would use it except if i was trying to get the casters closer to use in the rotface/festergut trash.

Combo Point HoT is great for leveling and pvp, has possible use in PvE.

Redirect is what Rogues have been asking for from day 1 so pure win there.
    The other stuff is ok but I wasn't rly looking for new attacks as I feel that rogues have a nice arsenal already.

Quote Originally Posted by Draegnar
    By the way guys... There isnt anything about Wound Poison changing to 20% , Thats kind of pleasing :3
    they said in the war post wound was goin to be 20% too.
    That's what s pleasin

10+ Year Old Account

About the DK part, i've always thought dk's as slow and strong

Also inb4 rerolling rogues with names like "Rikimarudk" "Rikimaruswe" "Rriikkiimmaarruu" and "Rîkîmârû" and such

pretty disappointing new skills they all seem to be geared towards pvp, i was looking forward to a new aoe or something to help make expose armor not so detrimental to my own numbers

smoke bomb---- cool, unique(to wow) idea

combat readiness is fun.... imagine the noobs who dont know you've popped it giving you a perma shield wall..... cept i dont understand the idea that they want to fix our reliance on activated defenses when evasion is down, but a short-duration(if someone is paying attention) buff like this. makes no sense.

in addition, their "justification" for putting cheap shot and kidney shot on the same DR is that EVERYONE is going to have more health and armor(making them tougher to kill) ........?

I mean, dont get me wrong, i think its good its on the same DR, but they could at least do a better job at explaining things better than that have-baked answer.(we're nerfing your control, all those classes that you could hurt pretty bad now you can't hurt as bad..... this is balanced.....somehow)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Redirect sounds nice, but in a boss setting, why would i ever need to transfer my combo points? this doesnt work well for fights like rotface, festergut, marrowgar, ect.
    It's not meant for tank and spank fight obviously as we are already at the top there, it's meant for fights like LK where you can get 5 combos right before Valkyries and BAM! Insta win!

Deleted

So we have Smoke Bomb, we have Rupture (Gushing wounds), now all they need to do is give druids Wrath of Nature and i'll be sorted.

EDIT: Forgot Omnislash (Killing Spree)

i wish redirect was just something that was automatic instead of having to be a use. im excited to be spamming my buttons for a reason now, since it seems abilities will be more important than auto attack. smoke screen sounds pretty lame pve wise. everything sounds lame pve wise though

Tricks of the trade, vanish, the biggest arsenal of stuns in the game, and now smoke bomb.

Gentlemen, we are officially no longer a pure dps class. We are, in fact, a crowd control class.

As to smoke bomb in PvP, well...

I look forward to seeing all you Alliance out there in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyce09

Do yourself a favor and don't comment. You are perpetuating what you seem to hate the most on this forum.
    Another post: Cause Dyce asked me not to.

redirect will be pretty useful for both PvP and pve add fights, Smoke Bomb sounds pretty awesome.
    also came across a leaked video of a possible fixed vanish in action for cata also
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1333294495350#

I wonder if bosses will be unable to target players within smoke bombs?

Say a boss has a targetting attack, that he targets 10 players in a row, and smotes them with lasers.

But they're 10 yards away in a smoke bomb.

It would have its uses, but in general, no pve spells.

Just like DKs. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adriynn
    the biggest arsenal of stuns in the game

that are now on DR with each other. Additionally, smoke bomb doesn't control anything. Its like saying deterrence = control.

also, vanish = control? ...... Tricks of the trade control?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I am unimpressed, theres Not even a direct damaging ability.

Redirect sounds nice, but in a boss setting, why would i ever need to transfer my combo points? this doesnt work well for fights like rotface, festergut, marrowgar, ect. Great for leveling and PvP though.

Combat Readiness is great if im ever getting hit in a raid, and if im doing my job right, i shouldnt be. Great for Leveling and PvP.

Smoke Bomb is virtualty useless for a PvE, it doesnt realy do anything in a boss setting. PvP, sure great, cant be targeted cant be hit same for leveling, but in PvE, i doubt i would use it except if i was trying to get the casters closer to use in the rotface/festergut trash.

Combo Point HoT is great for leveling and pvp, has possible use in PvE.
    100% Agreed on all of these comments.

Really liking what I read about the changes to the rogue class

And smoke bomb is gonna be so much fun!!

Now I'm looking forward to giving WoW another chance, just hope they somehow manage to bring back world pvp as well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

damn u guys can see it's only a PREVIEW?
    stop complaining u might see alot of new things in the beta.

These changes look pretty nice and add value to the experience of both PvE and PvP rogues.

I don't see why there's QQ about smoke bomb.
    Did you guys not sit and think for 15seconds to realize all the possible win in this ability?