Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why others get what mages should have?

i hope they give arance an instantspell that does not clear ab debuff, atm any kind of movement is 100%dps loss as an arcane mage..
    and i hope the make haste shorten the duration of lb or mby that lb will explode if the affected target dies.
    and as for frost i guess some pvp oriented ability simular to teh spiritwalkers grace,

and with all healing classes getting defensive dispelling mages need a new cc, polymorph sucks now and it will suck even harder in cataclysm.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    Yeah thats probably true!
    stop quoting the person right above you.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

You know what? I think mages should get spell reflect instead of warriors because warriors aren't magical lolololololol. Mages should get all magical abilities
    and every other class should be physical.

Lock teleport? Should be a Mage spell cause y'know mages teleport and shit.

OT: DKs are a spell breaker class, or at least as close as we'll ever get to one. Dark simulacrum makes perfect sense as a DK ability.

Must take a lot of tears to make those ice barriers bro :'( :

Oh, if we're talking about abilities given to the wring class here from a lore perspective, then take a look at mirror images.

In WarIII, mirror images was a blademaster ability. Warriors should have got MI instead of mages. In fact giving them some weak clones instead of brostorm might have prevented a lot of cloth-tard QQ in previous seasons.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus
    Oh, if we're talking about abilities given to the wring class here from a lore perspective, then take a look at mirror images.

In WarIII, mirror images was a blademaster ability. Warriors should have got MI instead of mages. In fact giving them some weak clones instead of brostorm might have prevented a lot of cloth-tard QQ in previous seasons.
    Maiev Shadowsong was a Rogue and she has Blink, so give the Mage's Blink to Rogues ;D.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

There was once a dog who scored himself a bone while out exploring. He was very pleased with himself and was very keen to keep the bone till he got home to bury it in his favorite spot. While on his way home he crossed over a small walking bridge, and he saw down there in the water, why, another dog!! With a bone just like his!! What the hell? That's MY bone, thought the dog. He opened his mouth to growl at the dog he saw promptly dropping his bone in the water, never to be seen again.

The moral of the story? STFU.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    There was once a dog who scored himself a bone while out exploring. He was very pleased with himself and was very keen to keep the bone till he got home to bury it in his favorite spot. While on his way home he crossed over a small walking bridge, and he saw down there in the water, why, another dog!! With a bone just like his!! What the hell? That's MY bone, thought the dog. He opened his mouth to growl at the dog he saw promptly dropping his bone in the water, never to be seen again.

The moral of the story? STFU.

Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tate
    Why is it that mages always QQ? Just wait 'til tonight and you'll be amazed, you'll probably get the best things anyway.
    IDK, it's not like Arcane Mages are borderline OP atm...OH Wait

Quote Originally Posted by gossen83
    Poor hybrid classes, must be tough being able to perform 3 different roles during raids, hybrids must really feel awful and be utterely bored due to monotenous possibilties.
    i think he is trying to say mages are QQing about having to be frost for pvp cause thats where all the good pvp stuff is, with hybrids you have your pvp and pve talents in the one tree which i find really annoying because i dont like pvp (mainly because i suck at it i admit :/)

Patience is a nice thing to have. Get some.

Wait until they tell us what mages are getting and then QQ if it isn't good enough for you. At least see what they have to offer. =\

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcharged
    IDK, it's not like Arcane Mages are borderline OP atm...OH Wait
    willing to be you raid ToC exclusively.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    10min cd
    3 sec cast
    oom
    heals target to full health + 1.3 cast
    ~20sec cd, and don't stop enemy from hitting you when i'm crippled by rogue or warrior or dk or anyone else
    same as frost nova, but, enemy can hit you even more!ummm... then, why mages even run away? why i can't just spam fireball to kill melee? yes, he can hit me, and i can't cast because everyone *ex. pally, but they can hit me by CC DS seal proc and melee and then wait for freedom cd* has interrupt.
    mages forced to go frost for pvp because of ice barrier and 50% critchanse

Take your frost nova, and make it so that it only procs when something physically hits you (I.E. a melee that can chain-stun you with ease), and also make it a single target cast that takes a few seconds, but instead of your current lovely icy-encasement devices, when you deal 1000 or more damage to said target it free's them (do any of your spells hit for below 1000, even with resilience in the picture?)

Then take your iceblock and snug in cyclone. I can't even deal damage to you while I "CC" you. Hell, not a single person can. It's liek i'm giving you your own little 7 second Paladin bubble! My CC's are buffs to other classes! LET ME SHOW YOU MY EXCITED FACE :-\

Then take one of your bajillion other Mobility/CC talents and give us your polymorph, you can have the immunity all you want bud, trade you typhoon (which is only if your moonkin) for blink any day (which is any mage spec), And shifting out of snares or iceblock? (wow you can cyclone youself, thats actually useful)

Lastly? I'm the kiting class. And you can kite better than me. So shut up. Or i will smack you with this keyboard designed by mages.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mnjiman
    SpellSteal is nice in PVP.. but not in PVE.
    Right... So priests should complain about mass dispel because it isn't useful in every PvE encounter, even though it is very useful in some and even a mandatory in a few?

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    Siiiighhh....... you guys getting it all wrong, im not complaining we have crap changes (not even announced), im not complaining we are bad. Im talking about spell mechanics as in: we a mages - masters of magic, we have alot of tricks and secrets in magic and arcane. Those spell mechanics would fit nicely into the class philosophy.
    How is spiritwalker's grace an arcane spell? It's pretty obviously not a fire or frost spell. Mages are not masters of all things magical in the world, if they were they could cast a heal.

Darksimilacron fits incredibly well with the idea that DKs are an anti-caster melee (without actually making them overpowered against casters ala S5).

I would say it is acceptable to argue that any offensive magic fits well with the mage theme, because the mage theme is offensive magic. At the same time Mages cannot have everything and still be balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.