Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New guild, best 10man setup?

So me and my 2 friends have decided to try our luck with making a 10man raiding guild

I'm playing a priest currently shadow spec'd
    My friend are playing prot paladin and my other friend is resto shaman

We're looking for the best setup with our classes for a 10man guild

Appreciate any feedback

Re: New guild, best 10man setup?

Personally in my guild, I go with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 3 spell casters and 3 melee, it helps if one of your casters have a healing offspec, sometimes instead of 3 melee I grab a hunter w/ 2 melee since they're still considered physical damage

Edit: as for classes, it depends on how well geared the people are, if you're trying to min/max etc, then try to pick up say.. fury warrior, ret pally, MM hunter, mage, SPriest, ele sham, 2 tanks, druid healer & pally healer

Another side note, any spec DK could be filled in instead of a hunter for maximum benefits
    Now that I review it, a ret pally could also be substituted for something like a rogue if your mage is arcane, or if you keep the pally, you could fill in a demo lock instead of ele sham since the benefit is a little better if he's well-geared which would allow you to bring a frost or blood DK vs unholy for the 13% spell dmg buff

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    Personally in my guild, I go with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 3 spell casters and 3 melee, it helps if one of your casters have a healing offspec, sometimes instead of 3 melee I grab a hunter w/ 2 melee since they're still considered physical damage
    ^ yea my guild goes with pretty much the same thing to, although on off days we'll be missing a melee and it will cause trouble etc.

Edit: as for classes, it depends on how well geared the people are, if you're trying to min/max etc, then try to pick up say.. fury warrior, ret pally, MM hunter, mage, SPriest, ele sham, 2 tanks, druid healer & pally healer

Another side note, any spec DK could be filled in instead of a hunter for maximum benefits
    Now that I review it, a ret pally could also be substituted for something like a rogue if your mage is arcane, or if you keep the pally, you could fill in a demo lock instead of ele sham since the benefit is a little better if he's well-geared which would allow you to bring a frost or blood DK vs unholy for the 13% spell dmg buff
    Something like:

Prot Paladin (Friend)
    Feral Druid

Resto Shaman (Friend)
    Holy Paladin

Shadow Priest (me)
    Arcane Mage
    DK
    Fury Warrior
    MM Hunter
    Some DPS with healer OS

How does that look?

Make that "Some DPS with healer OS" a moonkin and you're good to go :>

Quote Originally Posted by BrontoÐ
    Make that "Some DPS with healer OS" a moonkin and you're good to go :>
    Ah yea, forgot to put a druid in raid =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nytz
    Something like:

Prot Paladin (Friend)
    Feral Druid

Resto Shaman (Friend)
    Holy Paladin

Shadow Priest (me)
    Arcane Mage
    DK
    Fury Warrior
    MM Hunter
    Some DPS with healer OS

How does that look?

Instead of a Fury Warrior, since a feral already provides +5 crit, you might want a diff class such as a boomkin, that'd be the class with resto offspec for best benefit, and instead of MM hunter you might wanna grab a rogue or enhance shaman, otherwise everything else looks good

Instead of a Fury Warrior, since a feral already provides +5 crit, you might want a diff class such as a boomkin, that'd be the class with resto offspec for best benefit, and instead of MM hunter you might wanna grab a rogue or enhance shaman, otherwise everything else looks good
    Ye, but the feral tank should give the 5% crit buff and throwing in a rogue instead of hunter sounds good

Ye, but the feral tank should give the 5% crit buff and throwing in a rogue instead of hunter sounds good
    It depends on your DK, his spec will determine what is best to bring for the third melee. Enhance brings great buffs to melee dps, if you have an unholy DK, a hance sham would be priority, plus who doesn't love totems & heroism

Anwser: Alts. No reason to have no 2 or 3 other 80s with enough gear to do 10 mans - all my 7 80s are ICC10 ready and I only play 3 days a week.

Wouldn't http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000 work? According to the handy buffs-bar, you've got everything

Offtopic much
    You think so? Then blame Blizzard, I just jumped on the "bring the player not the class" ship

It depends on your DK, his spec will determine what is best to bring for the third melee. Enhance brings great buffs to melee dps, if you have an unholy DK, a hance sham would be priority, plus who doesn't love totems & heroism
    True, but remember we have a resto shammy too

But you need two shamans to get both melee and caster buffs.
    EU|Dragonmaw|Alliance|Glittersmith

I missed that, but a hance also brings +20% melee haste & +10% AP

Quote Originally Posted by Glittersmith
    But you need two shamans to get both melee and caster buffs.
    Would it be better to go all out on caster then? or replace the DK or rogue with a Enha shammy

Would it be better to go all out on caster then? or replace the DK or rogue with a Enha shammy
    If you ever plan to do heroic modes, no. 2nd boss requires melee dps. Plus think of all that leather, plate & mail gear you'd be wasting

If you ever plan to do heroic modes, no. 2nd boss requires melee dps. Plus think of all that leather, plate & mail gear you'd be wasting
    Uh ye, didn't think about that

well..

How does this look then?
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Uh ye, didn't think about that

well..

How does this look then?
    Only issue is that fury warr, a lock or something would be more ideal

Deleted

id go for:

prot paladin
    prot warrior

feral kitty
    enhance shaman
    rogue

mage
    warlock
    shadowpriest

resto shaman
    resto druid

or possibly a moonkin instead of the warlock..

covers all buffs =)