Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: [Druid] Cataclysm Changes Discussion

Meditation will regen mana based on spirit stat.

It's Intensity, but name is taken from priest.

Im a resto, and im not in love with ToL. I like it, it was fun for some time, but im up for trying something else. I mean looking EXACTLY same no matter what is boring like hell, not being able to use any other tool is annoying. No matter what you say, there are times where other spells are usefull.

Ive been lvling my druid thru lfd nearly have tree form, but now they r getting rid of i as a passive but a cd.

This makes me not want to play my druid any more. I think druids shoukd Transform. Its what they do and its what i wanted to do. I just dont know now time to roll a hunter i guess :'(

losing tree form and no new spells, cheers

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lepino
    losing tree form and no new spells, cheers
    Remind me, when was last time you used Healing Touch NOT in macro with NS?

Quote Originally Posted by jifjosh
    Disc is the most offensive pvp healer, period. Druids would be second with their spammable CC, Shaman have a CC on a CD and some snaring totems, pallies have a stun on a long CD.

Speccing holy pally means you aren't going to do crap for damage, should they get some sort of offensive buff?
    It may very well be that they will. But if so, they'll give up some of their defensive capability for it as well. The point is, Blizzard isn't looking at Resto concerning Tree of Life as Resto vs Balance vs Feral, they're looking at the change in terms of PvP healer offense/defense, otherwise there would be no PvE reason to make the change. It's just something people will have to get used to, but it's not anything new either. It's not like there aren't a ton of veteran resto druids out there who aren't used to not even speccing into ToL for PvP let alone using it.

It's not like you can't still break poly by shapeshifting to cheetah/cat/bear. It's not like the bulk your healing isn't still going to be the instant casts of lifebloom, rejuv, swiftmend, and wg if you're in 3's or 5's. I'm really laughing at people thinking being susceptible to sap is going to be an issue as a healer, if the rogue is that close you're not getting sapped, you're getting jumped, and furthermore people don't even know if popping the new cooldown version of ToL will break some CC's or not, as well as the fact that you will gain immunties to some incoming CC's once in the form as well.

Right now it's just a huge QQstorm without even a tenth of the needed information available, both about changes to Druids, changes to other classes, the Archaeology benefits (several of those paths are going to be designed around granting PvP benefits), there's just flat out not enough information available yet to warrant this kind of mindless QQ.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    Remind me, when was last time you used Healing Touch NOT in macro with NS?
    Or the last time someone used Regrowth outside of being assigned tank healing.

Or speccing for Nourish without being on Valthiria.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    Or the last time someone used Regrowth outside of being assigned tank healing.

Or speccing for Nourish without being on Valthiria.
    U'd be surprised but on hard modes ICC i constantly need to pop Nourish and Regrowth to help on tank healing - even if i am asigned to raid.

But true - HT is total fail and if blizz thinks adding a few perks to it will make us use in its current state, they are in for a surprise <.<
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    How about i give you...the finger.
    Internet Tough Guy, strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    And you let other people play the spec too. Yeah i think blizz agrees more to my thinking, thank you.

Oh and if you don't like it...well sucks to be you - it's comming.
    We're not saying you can't play the spec if you want to -indeed, I think more players should try Feral PDS and the other "harder" specs. I also enjoy helping players who are new to the spec get their bearings, too. I think it's important to help new players master the game- but for the love of God, stop whining that it's too hard!

Yes, playing as cat is as hard as getting PhD in quantum physics.
    No it isn't.

So you know everyone that can do it well, feels like he's somehow elite.
    We don't. I don't, atleast.

And like every elitist this is not bearable for him, if someone else could enjoy thing he does, even if he's not as good as said elitist.
    The game needs more Ferals. It's an awesome and fun spec that I feel more people would enjoy. I welcome anyone to try "my spec", aslong as they simply leave it alone if they find it too dificult for them. I get pissed off when people start crying about how a spec they chose to play is too hard, when the game has 29 other specs of varying difficulty they could choose instead. But no, let's bitch and moan untill every spec in the game is a two button faceroll farce.

In short. You're an asshole.

You who think that making cat's rotation more forgivable for those who want to try it, is lessening your fun. It's not. Stop caring about what others have and enjoy what you have. Cause NOTHING changes for you.
    Yes it does. The challenge the spec currently holds is what most, if not all ferals who actually enjoy the spec like about it (that, and you get to be a cat). Remove, or lessen the challenge, and the fun goes away for all those who liked that bit. Is that so hard to see?

The Resto QQ's in this thread are incredible.

I've had a druid since 2005 and it's been Resto since MC....and Blizzard is finally correcting some huge mistakes and making the class/spec interesting and dynamic.

To all the ToL Form lovers - get over it. I'm thrilled that the permanent version is going away as it is a disgracefully bad PoS skin that is only exceeded in it badness by the Moonkin skin. My overpriced video card tells me that cosmetics do matter in an MMO and if you don't agree then go play Pong.

And btw the proposed new ToL form is NOT A PROC - it's a CD (compared to Warlock Meta). You can choose to pop it on CD or save it for "just the right moment" depending on the nature of the encounter. Seriously, reading comprehension here folks.

I also 100% agree that Resto Druids have plenty of spells currently. If they revamp the spells and provide some better synergies then that will be better than just throwing a new spell at us that we will never use - or will force us to forget more of the ones we already have.

THey are on the right track so far. I hope they can deliver.

4400 hps on Sindragosa overall with keeping Regrowth up on everyone.. Am I the only one using EVERY spell normally apart from Healing Touch?
    In the Groves of Death

Sounds a lot like they want to keep druids from ever wanting to roll a warrior or rogue again.

Wonder which one will have the advantage if they went one on one...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth

* Starfall – Will each star hitting the target count as one cast, or will the stars have a set damage depending on the eclipse meter when they were cast? They are obviously arcane, so they would favor a full lunar eclipse meter.
    * Treants – Are they nature? Will their damage depend on the state of the eclipse meter?
    * Typhoon – Assuming that this is a nature spell, is this just going to be a weak version of Nature’s Torrent that we use when we move about?
    * Hurricane – Much like Starfall, will this count as one movement on the eclipse meter, or will each hit change it? That could make AOE look something like Hurricane > Mushroom > Hurricane > Mushroom. Although, Hurricane is nature as well, isn’t it?
    * Eclipse – A guildie of mine mentioned that the change to Eclipse sounds a bit like a meter that Goblin Shamans have in Warhammer Online. But in this version, you can supposively stack the meter up to five, and the next cast resets the meter completely. I wouldn’t like this idea very much. I would much rather have it that spells could not go below 100% damage, and that the Eclipse meter works as a scale that moves in one direction or the other.
    * Will there be a change to Nature’s Grace or Wrath, to allow Wrath to scale better with haste? Obviously, we will need more haste, because we will get less haste per haste rating, but we seem to get a lot of haste just by spending talents in the balance tree.
    Whats got me boggled is that you can cast starfall and hurricane at the same time. Would that make your nature/arcane meter grow to both ends at the same time???

Maybe they will only include the damage from dots/nukes in moving the meter, idk o.O

idk I like the boomkin stuff thats going on, I mean finally they fix the eclipse thingy

even though I didn't even need a addon to tell me which eclipse was up

but any additions is nice :]

Resto druids have always been a strong class.

Tree form removed utility while adding +healing. In some ways, tree form was limiting. The benefits often outweighed the losses, so we used tree form.

Blizzard has stated that they do not like talents that simply add improved damage/healing. This is exactly what tree form does. Some of you propose to add all the CC to tree form--but then it begs the question: Why does tree form exist if it does all the same things as caster?

Why not simply give casters the benefits of tree form? It looks like things are heading that way.

For those that complain "Resto druids aren't getting new abilities": Be grateful. With caster form returning, we will be capable of regularly healing, CC'ing, and assisting in damage when necessary.

In PvP, we will possibly rely on our cat/bear form again in the attempt to control the fight--something we lost at the end of TBC. Resto druids look to be moving forward instead of backwards this time.

No one should be complaining.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    4400 hps on Sindragosa overall with keeping Regrowth up on everyone.. Am I the only one using EVERY spell normally apart from Healing Touch?
    5.5k with Rejuv spam and chatting on Vent.

Bad spells are bad, even if you want to make them good. Sometimes you just cant.
    Also, if HT will have synergy with other spell it will be used, much like Riptide for shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer
    Internet Tough Guy, strikes again.
    We're not saying you can't play the spec if you want to -indeed, I think more players should try Feral PDS and the other "harder" specs. I also enjoy helping players who are new to the spec get their bearings, too. I think it's important to help new players master the game- but for the love of God, stop whining that it's too hard!

No it isn't.
    We don't. I don't, atleast.

The game needs more Ferals. It's an awesome and fun spec that I feel more people would enjoy. I welcome anyone to try "my spec", aslong as they simply leave it alone if they find it too dificult for them. I get pissed off when people start crying about how a spec they chose to play is too hard, when the game has 29 other specs of varying difficulty they could choose instead. But no, let's bitch and moan untill every spec in the game is a two button faceroll farce.

Yes it does. The challenge the spec currently holds is what most, if not all ferals who actually enjoy the spec like about it (that, and you get to be a cat). Remove, or lessen the challenge, and the fun goes away for all those who liked that bit. Is that so hard to see?
    First, sorry for asshole thing. Unnecessary name calling.

Second, challenge is still there. If you want to have best dps, you have to do exact same thing, which is perfect rotation. I think it's not a problem for you, so what exactly will change for you. Do you still have problems with rotation? Do you still find it challenging?

Your goal is to be BEST, and to TOP dps charts, it's as hard now as it was before. But now that other guy, whose goal is to have fun while playing cat, can actually have this fun.

Amount of skill needed to be decent will change, amount of skill needed to be best will not. So what you're going for, being decent or being best?

i just hope stealthers can detonate the mushroom mine.......no more rogue openers in arena

10+ Year Old Account

First, sorry for asshole thing. Unnecessary name calling.
    Good of you to realise that.

Second, challenge is still there. If you want to have best dps, you have to do exact same thing, which is perfect rotation. I think it's not a problem for you, so what exactly will change for you. Do you still have problems with rotation? Do you still find it challenging?

Your goal is to be BEST, and to TOP dps charts, it's as hard now as it was before. But now that other guy, whose goal is to have fun while playing cat, can actually have this fun.

Amount of skill needed to be decent will change, amount of skill needed to be best will not. So what you're going for, being decent or being best?
    And that's exactly where my worry lies, that the challenge won't be there if they make it "more forgiving". No one knows what they mean by that yet, but I dread the worst. It could end up making us Assassination Rogues (Shred to 5 and FB, with auto-refresh SR? *shudder*), or we could simply be given a 5 minute CD that instantly gives us 5 CP to help people who have dropped the ball refresh their Rip or SR (not likely. Too OP for PVP).

As I say, I dread the worst, not because of some delusion of grandeur, or fear that "bad players are going to be playing my class and spec", but because there's no guarantee that the spec will retain the current level of challenge it has today. I can't really see a way for the spec to be both lenient with the less skilled, while still retaining it's current challenge for the "masters" of the spec at the same time. Hopefully, Blizzard will impress me. (Note that I don't see myself as one of these masters)

So what you're going for, being decent or being best?
    I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

They've said that they want to make it more forgivable, not easier. Good example is making it possible to use Roar even after your target is dead.

Another good example would be lowering multiplier on Roar, so when it actually drops you're not so much behind. For everyone who wants to be 'the cat', nothing will change, they can't allow themselves to loose it.

There is also good example that GC gave. Increased damage of mangle, so every other guy who can't keep up positioning, can still do a decent damage.

I can understand you dread the worst, but everthing we saw up till now, goes in direction of making Cata more fun. Cool new skills, nice new mechanics of those new skills, new stat system (which alone will help new cats). You're not loosing any skills, and EVERY druid and their mother likes the change to mangle (well at least from my friend list ).

Those are example of things that make playing as cat more forgivable. But everything is still there.

In before some smartass says that feral cat didn't get any cool new skills :
    I was generalizing. With Cata whole game is changing drastically, and everyone is getting new tools.

Quote Originally Posted by lepino
    losing tree form.. , cheers
    You're 'losing' Tree of Life form just as much as Moonkins are 'losing' Eclipse.

I play all three specs, and I was very happy with all of the changes, even from Restoration's perspective.

Mind you, I called the ToL change months ago, and was hoping for it to happen.