Poll: Rate from 1 to 10 how happy you are with the current warlock changes

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How happy/Unhappy are you with the changes in general

Now I only took a vague glance at the changes because most of them are bound to change during beta anyways, but from my initial view I REALLY!!! don't like the haste changes to dots.
    Because from what I gathered it's gonna work in a way that if you have x amount of haste your gonna get another tick right, so stacking anywhere inbetween x and y is gonna be.. Useless (It will still affect your casts and such but you see my point).

Another issue is that we can't clip dots ? Sure it's a welcome change on some fights where you are forced to clip dots because it's a dps gain (Marrowgar Heroic during bonestorm when he moves out of range and theres a spikes to nuke being one of them or putricide before phase transitions) but I can't help but feel that Blizzard is giving us.. Training wheels

Please feel free to correct me if I have got this all wrong.
    TotalBiscuit: Hitler was a joke compared to me!

15+ Year Old Account

DoT clipping mechanics are too vague to go into.

The best way they could do it is max the spell at duration +50%, so you could have a 24s corruption instead. This means we get to refresh our spell between 0 and 9s remaining without losing mana, cast time, or ticks. It also means our rotation is more forgiving if you delay recasting your dot a bit or cast it early.

I don't think its training wheels - there is enough to the class on non-single target fights that we have lots to think about. On single targets or extremely short duration adds (Saurfang) you don't notice how much you could actually lose.

R.I.P. YARG

They are putting us on Training Wheels so we can feel the greatness of a faceroll class. But then they are smashing them off with hammers, then blinding us with sand, by adding the new soulshard system. Hopefully.

I'm very excited about the warlock changes, I think they'll inject a great deal of depth and fun to the class. Between the Soul Shard change and Demon fusing, we'll have a ton of options available to us.

My main is a Mage and I was a little disappointed to see that the first two Lock changes seemed very much like Mage spells.....

On the whole though it looks pretty good....some attention is better than no attention.

....I fear the Mage preview.

I can finally tank, in blood.
    Priests can now actually SAVE people, and shield the group as a whole.
    ROGUES CAN ACTUALLY HIDE.
    And no, blizzard no, warlocks DO NOT NEED MORE CURSES. so drop it already.
    Hunters can already jump through the air whilst sniping and micro-managing the pets 9,000,000 cc's , I see no need to cover myself in bushes.
    1 handed fury is back...AND REVERSE DEATH GRIP! (a.k.a. 30 foot pelvic Heroic leap")
    I DONT CARE FOR DRUIDS AT ALL.
    Shamans will be finding new ways to validate raid slots in other ways then "that guy that does the bloodlust thingy and the lightning bolts"
    And 1 handed fury is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravlax
    My main is a Mage and I was a little disappointed to see that the first two Lock changes seemed very much like Mage spells.....

On the whole though it looks pretty good....some attention is better than no attention.

....I fear the Mage preview.

I couldn't of been more happy with Fel Flame and Dark Intent even though I see your point about the similarities.
    It is gonna be nice though to FINALLY! having a high priority spell to cast in destro while moving instead of Lifetap and corruption.
    and Dark Intent is basically Focus Magic done RIGHT
    TotalBiscuit: Hitler was a joke compared to me!

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    DoT clipping mechanics are too vague to go into.
    If we go by existing mechanics it isn't so hard, really. The DoT clipping fix is already partially in place in Immolate. It's exactly as the note describes too: You can clip the last tick (and only the last tick) and with proper timing you will get the last tick anyway. They're talking about allowing that to occur with all DoTs, which is good as it gives us a clip-window. Second is the haste change, which is assumed to work like Flame Shock. That is, the duration of the DoT will be adjusted to give you the proper number of ticks. Let's say you have a DoT which lasts 18 seconds, ticking every 3 seconds and you have let's say 45% haste. It would then tick as expected at 2.06 seconds. This means it would tick 8 times, coming in at 16.5 seconds for 8 ticks. Since the duration will not be lowered, the DoT will then last to 18.6 seconds, ticking at the same speed, but getting 9 total ticks. Additional haste will bring this to 9 ticks in 18 seconds, then more will add a 10th tick at around the 20 second mark.

Now, they may just revamp everything, but if you're following their progression on haste changes it makes sense. It gives you a linear scaling on haste without also over-complicating rotations.

A cooldown, Focus Magic, and Fel Flame puts a smile on my face.

I'm just hoping they'll also consider changing the old pet skins.

The changes are quite promising. I'm excited how they are going to deal with all the trees in pvp perspective.

Impending Doom is something I'm quite interested in. Destro is going to kill with Succy in solo pvp.

Fel Flame is amazing for mobility and refreshing casted dots (Immolate and UA). This is awesome for Affliction.

I'd just wish we'd get some scaling of Drain Life and Drain Soul. (Are they included as dots? not sure...)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

concidering making my wlock or my hunter my main now as the druid changes was a dissappointment, it made it worse than it allready is

Green fire refreshing immo/UA thats instant cast = brilliant
    Improved version of a focus magic spell = unimaginative but brilliant
    a cooldown for burst = brilliant
    Minion changes = brilliant - knockbacks, aoe taunt and a stackable debuff to choose from.

The warlock changes I honestly have no problems with - I overall rated a 7 from what's seen so far.

There's a few critisims of what's been said. The soul burn affects there's none that really effect destruction a lot, I'd like some sort of effect added to conflag, incinerate or chaos bolt but then it's early days on it. Also reskins would be nice - just going out and permanently enslaving any model of your chosen demon's "race" would do nicely. Lastly the masteries in destro well - I'd expect to see a haste related one there given how vital haste is for destruction instead of a "increased damage and fire damage" affect but then I guess you'd just stack it in gear. Yes I know - I mainly stick with destro as I like to blow stuff up but hate mages.

No real complants though - the changes aren't particuarly original but then a lot of them aren;t thus far but I like what I'm seeing.

I'm quite happy with the warlock changes really, can't find a lot of downsides and I love getting rid of the shards. The fusion of demon and warlock looks awesome, but probably got to wait how that one turns out.

I think the classes currently best or worse off would be the following:

Best -> Mage / Shaman.
    Although this combination is currently shocking to all the other shamans I actually really don't mind not being the only one with BL. Overall I like the spells they've given shamans and that they've finally fixed some of the problems shamans have atm.
    I thought mages were given some awesome spells really. The spells introduce some unique flavor. They have some awesome potential and seem to be able to be used as a (going to say this to please some people) "C-C-Combobreaker!".

Worst -> Death knights.
    I don't mind the blood tanking change at all so I won't whine about that but my main problem here is that Blizzard is trying to fix something that doesn't appear broken: the rune system. I actually thought the system worked out pretty neat: it wasn't very complicated, wasn't too easy either since you had to look after your stuff and it provided solid rotations with pretty much no downtime.
    Next to that I don't really like the new spell "Outbreak". With the changes to dispelling one class loses disease-dispelling, the auto-dispellers are removed and dispelling will be bound to a bigger manacost. Combining these factors with DK's having a quite viable target changing system by making use of pestilence makes this spell just seem a bit worthless in my eyes.

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't need to dictate our future."

Hmmm, the spell changes are nice the Demon Bolt and Demon soul looks like they can be good if used well(such as the demonic teleport). The one thing that stands out to me is our masteries, i mean c'mon Blizz really we got Aff gets a boost to shadow DoTs, Demon gets a boost to Demon Damage, and Destro gets a boost to direct fire spells. Yes, they are pretty much the boring talents Blizz is saying they are taking out of the trees meanwhile, Balance druids are getting an interesting Eclipse Meter to play around with, Spriests are getting shadow orbs which will look cool and they might add additional effects i believe they said with the shadow orbs, Mages Do more damage the more mana they have, or thier frostbolt buffs the damage of other abilities (Not going to point out fire mastery it is already a talent) But in all Seriousness It would be nice to get -Interesting- Masteries, like our fellow casters.

Tier 6 Gives you wings!!

At first I was okay with the changes. Although seeing the different classes get much more interesting and cool stuff then us makes me mad. I might for the first time not main my lock. I may go rogue or mage. Mage got masteries for fire that should of been for destruction. Dots on all of their direct damage fire spells wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    imo, so far I think the order of best to worst in terms of class changes:

Priest
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Death Knight
    Hunter
    IMO:
    Rogue
    Mage
    Priest
    DK
    Hunter
    Warrior
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Druid

Compared to the other abilites that classes are getting: MRP EACH getting a strong defensive ability + rogues being able to transfer combo points... Shadow priests getting a better "shard/orb" system than locks, hunters camo... Just seems like we got the shaft... only class I would put us above is tree druids, or what used to be "tree druids" =\

Oh, plus the fact they are sooooo concerned about shadow priests being locked out of a school... but no matter what I do, no matter how many times I fake cast, it's still inevitable that I'm gonna get counterspelled while casting UA/Haunt and not being able to fear/howl/DC/teleport/cast any shadow spell for 8 seconds... IMO they need to move one or more of these to a different school, or just fix in anyway really... There would be more strategy to the counter spell if they had to decide whether to stop the damage, or stop the dear/defensive ability...

Still there is a lack of a defensive ability , tbh i expected an ice block/dispersion equivalent spell , but the new spells all seem useful . I just remind you in wrath we got shadowflame crap and lolportal ... so i am not complaining.
    for me the changes till now -best to worst order - is:
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Death knight
    Warrior
    Druid(SERIOUSLY , no new spells at all for resto ??)

In general i want to say i expected more creative fresh ideas ..
    they did add some new things , fresh for each class

shaman Unleash Weapon ,Healing Rain ,Spiritwalker's Grace
    warlock Demon soul , soul shard changes
    priest Leap of Faith
    warrior Gushing Wound
    death knights Necrotic Strike
    rogue Combat Readiness ,Smoke Bomb
    hunters apart from the focus /mana change nothing else seems new
    druidwild mushroom and new eclipse change
    mage flame orb
    but all the rest are just copies from one class to the other

I'm generally happy. I think fel flame and demon soul have potential. I like the change to make curse of agony a spell effect that UA can protect, and the infernal/doomguard able to summon as a 2nd pet.

Dark intent is bit uninspired though. It's just another passive pre fight chore to have to take care of. We already have soulstones, healthstones, summons, fel armor, spellstone. I don't just look at something and go "oh that's a dps increase, it must be good." Blizzard will balance out our dps in Cata regardless, give us something fun to use, not a passive buff. I'd like to see Dark intent scrapped for a cool tactical ability like wall of fog or smokescreen.