A question for Levva...other opinions welcome :)

Ok this question is for Levva...I know the popular answer to using or not using a piece of gear is "Sim it" so that is what I did. I have had terrible luck with trinkets forever...so up to and including last night I have been using Herkuml War Token and Mark of Supremacy. I finally won a roll on Tiny Abomination in a Jar!!!! WOOT right!?!? Then I Simed it to see what this awesome DPS upgrade would bring me since I read all of the EJ forums on BIS gear and Trinket discussions and the consensus was that the War token and Tiny abom were the clear favorites for BIS.

My armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...othar&cn=Racie

(Sim Results)

Mark of Supremacy...425.78 DPS Ranked #1 on my sim
    Tiny Abomination in a Jar...234.42 Ranked #32 on my sim LOL!

What am I missing? I know that gear effectiveness can vary depending on gear but I have good itemization, I am gemmed correctly, I am hit capped (yes I know that I am one point short of being expertise capped) but its not that big of a deal.

Please help...I'm confused...

Re: A question for Levva...other opinions welcome :)

What was used to sim? Enhsim or Rawr? The BiS Tiny Abom is the 277 version...
    I did a quick sim with Enhsim 1.9.8.1(didn't fix the 8 exp you are missing). The Tiny Abom showed a 70.53 dps upgrade over the Mark of Supremacy...

Show us the actual configs and output in code delimiters (use {code} and {\code} with [] instead of {}).

I should mention that if you are using RAWR last I checked the proc on Tiny Abom was never put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

The reason TAiaJ is so good is because of how well it scales with gear. Your OH Manifest Anger is going to hit like a wet noodle covered in bubble wrap. I don't use RAWR, but as Fornaw said, the proc may not be included.

Side notes: You may be spell hit capped, but napkin math indicates that you are a fair bit over your crit cap. I'd also get Tuskarr's on your boots, but that's just me. Why do you have 4 points in AK? With that much crit you might want to investigate glyphing FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Show us the actual configs and output in code delimiters (use {code} and {\code} with [] instead of {}).

I should mention that if you are using RAWR last I checked the proc on Tiny Abom was never put in.
    Yes I was using Rawr...I never really have understood the Enhsim (however I never really gave it a chance either). If the proc was never put in, then that would explain my problem. I was hoping it was something that simple ;-P

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    The reason TAiaJ is so good is because of how well it scales with gear. Your OH Manifest Anger is going to hit like a wet noodle covered in bubble wrap. I don't use RAWR, but as Fornaw said, the proc may not be included.

Side notes: You may be spell hit capped, but napkin math indicates that you are a fair bit over your crit cap. I'd also get Tuskarr's on your boots, but that's just me. Why do you have 4 points in AK? With that much crit you might want to investigate glyphing FS.
    AP still scales really well for me...thats why I have the 4 points in AK...would there be a better option for me? I only have 2 points to spend on somewhere else...the only other option that I considered is imp Shields. My LS damage has sucked since I dropped the 2 piece T9.5

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Racie
    I never really have understood the Enhsim (however I never really gave it a chance either).
    this is not really a reason not to use it. i have posted a guide on how to sim your character, it is stickied and in my signature. it explains all the basics from EnhSim.

basically:

1) load your character into Rawr.
    2) export the character to an Enhsim config file (3 ways explained in guide).
    3) set up trinkets under the gear details tab
    4) click simulate in the right-hand bar
    5) repeat 3 and 4 for each trinket setup.

The obvious reason why Mark of Supremacy would simm higher than the TAiaJ is the hit rating. Looking at your profile with the TAiaJ equiped you are right at 13% which would be hit capped with you being a Draeni assuming a debuff on the boss. If you didn't properly set the raid buffs/debuffs it would look like you were dropping bellow the spell hit cap which would definitely hurt. If you are also crit capped that would also increase the value of that hit.

As was pointed out TAiaJ is also a piece that scales well as the rest of your gear improves because the extra attacks will do more damage with better weapons, higher attack power, crit rating etc.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    The obvious reason why Mark of Supremacy would simm higher than the TAiaJ is the hit rating. Looking at your profile with the TAiaJ equiped you are right at 13% which would be hit capped with you being a Draeni assuming a debuff on the boss.
    Wrong. 13% is his spell hit. He is capped with his racial and the hit debuff. That is a hard cap; any additional hit will not increase his chance to hit with spells.
    The additional hit on the trinket will increase his white damage (and all the incidental damage that comes from more white hits), which is why the trinket may sim higher (assuming that RAWR is including the damage from the TAiaJ).
    You're on the right track, but poor wording like that can confuse people.

OP: I'd take two points out of AK and put them in Improved Shields. You can trust the sim.

Deleted

If you have a question for Levva, pm him about it?
    Don't make threads calling out moderators.
    I wont lock this just yet until you recieve the information that you need.

you´re not over your soft crit cap from what i can see, so the higher hit on mark of supremacy wouldn´t get the additional use of hit rating directly converting into crit.

aside from that, with your average ilvl-gear, the Jar should be scaling well enough to be better than a ilvl 245 attackpower on use effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF
    Wrong. 13% is his spell hit. He is capped with his racial and the hit debuff. That is a hard cap; any additional hit will not increase his chance to hit with spells.
    To Quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    If you didn't properly set the raid buffs/debuffs it would look like you were dropping bellow the spell hit cap which would definitely hurt.

Like mentioned above, your issue was simply that Rawr doesn't take into accont the TAiaJ proc. You'll see easily enough that Ensim puts it above Mark of supremacy, and any further gear improvements, especially a new offhand, will push TAiaJ further ahead.

On a side note, you'll probably find that gemming a 10 exp / 10 hit gem instead of that 40 ap gem in you chest will provide a dps increase.

Also, again like some stated previously, AK is an aweful dps per point talent, you're far better off with maxing out imp. LS.
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!