Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WTF lich king on loot

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    If this is the first time you get double tokens you just have been lucky (or unlucky, whatever you want to call it)

Loot generation:

Token1:

/random 1-3

Token2:

/random 1-3

Weapon1:

/random 1-9

Weapon2:

/random 1-9

Loot from the previous result isnt excluded, so you can end up with double stuff ofc.
    I noticed people cant read the post at all.

IVE SAID EXCLUDING TOKENS WHICH MEANS I KNOW TOKENS CAN DROP MULTIPLE TIMES.

also all the other non token bosses like marrowgar deathwhisper gunship etc don't drop 2 of same loot

It has to do with the fact that all the loot on LK is one item type. That's the reason you see variety on the other bosses, they have armor (one grouping that is rolled from), miscellaneous rings, necks, trinkets (2nd grouping that is rolled from), and weapons (3rd grouping that is rolled from.)

LK -only- drops weapons, which is why you can get the same weapon twice in one kill, the 2nd roll is made from the same table as the first, not from a table with which the item from the first roll has been excluded.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    So we kill lich king again yesterday on 25

drops are 2 conq tokens

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50070

and

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50070

i thought they removed dropping same epic multiple times excluding tokens.

Ive never seen any other boss in icc drop same epic twice in one kill.

anyone else have this happen?

(both swords went to a dk one for dps and one for tanking)
    Is that DK a loot whore since surely there was another melee DPS who could have used it instead of him for tanking
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    It has to do with the fact that all the loot on LK is one item type.
    I'm not sure this is true, can you cite a source? Just last week Blood Princes 10 dropped both rings at the same time for us.

It is my understanding that it works something like this for 10 man as an example.

Blood princes. 2 items drop.
    Grouping roll.
    armor 1
    miscellaneous rings, necks, trinkets 2
    weapons 3

/roll 1-3

Then you have the item roll
    So 2 comes up.
    Then 2 rings. So
    /roll 1-2

Rinse and repeat for next rng item. However an item is never excluded from the list.

Therefor lk only has one type of drop. Weapon.
    /roll 1-9 Does that twice, not a big sample space so there is a 1 in 9 chance that you will get the same drop as the first.

My guild's 2nd kill of Arthas got 2 bows and 2 Prot. Does that count? XD

EDIT: This was the night before the bow got bugged and received uber damage. Very lucky timing imo

screenshot

I removed my friends list/whisper window right below it, that's the only thing changed in that picture from the normal screenshot.

Edit: changed to link. --Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Lynixx
    OMG that is 4x crossbow!
    You maths skills are astounding D

OT: Always used to getting two of the same tokens, running joke with my old guild because nearly every new boss we killed we would the mage token (cant remember who shares it with them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Normally bosses that drop lots of loot only drop 1x weapon and 1x armor piece. He only drops weapons. Hence he can drop the same one twice.

Quote Originally Posted by olih27
    You maths skills are astounding D

OT: Always used to getting two of the same tokens, running joke with my old guild because nearly every new boss we killed we would the mage token (cant remember who shares it with them)
    Rogue, DK, Mage, and Druid. The Vanquisher token. I know it well! XD