Hunter Pet Level 1 Suggestions

Seeing as how hunters start with pets at level 1 in Cataclysm, here's just a few ideas of the race appropriate pets:

Human: Boars or Wolves
    Undead: Bats or Spiders (Maybe wolves or boars with the undead skins.....hehehe)
    Dwarf: Bears
    Draenei: Ravagers or Moths
    Night Elf: Owls or Cats
    Orc: Scorpids or Wolves
    Worgen: Wolves (Obviously -.-)
    Troll: Raptors or Serpents or Wind Serpents
    Tauren: Tallstriders
    Goblin: If the monkey mobs in their starting zones are tamable, then yeah Monkeys! If not, probably Wasps
    Blood Elf: Dragonhawks or Cats

Thoughts? Ideas?

Deleted

Re: Hunter Pet Level 1 Suggestions

Helps if you read. You'll start with a race appropriate pet at 1, then quest at 10 to get a different one.
    OT; the ideas you have there a pretty good, I cant really fault any of them.

Ah....ok I misread that. Was reading through it kinda quickly.

ALL RACES: RAVAGER

Because they're the coolest friggen pet in the game. ( Not counting BM pets. )
    Oh... A Twilight/Wow Cross over RP huh?... Alright, I'll join in, My name is Bae'noukul, I'm a 36,978 year old Demon Warlock. I walk into the room where everything is happening now, and because I need to have one weakness I DIE ON THE SPOT. Three guesses as to what my weakness was.

15+ Year Old Account

Perky PuG in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarves4Life
    Seeing as how hunters start with pets at level 1 in Cataclysm, here's just a few ideas of the race appropriate pets:

Human: Boars or Wolves
    Undead: Bats or Spiders (Maybe wolves or boars with the undead skins.....hehehe)
    Dwarf: Bears
    Draenei: Ravagers or Moths
    Night Elf: Owls or Cats
    Orc: Scorpids or Wolves
    Worgen: Wolves (Obviously -.-)
    Troll: Raptors or Serpents or Wind Serpents
    Tauren: Tallstriders
    Goblin: If the monkey mobs in their starting zones are tamable, then yeah Monkeys! If not, probably Wasps
    Blood Elf: Dragonhawks or Cats

Thoughts? Ideas?
    Yeah, put you in charge for that part of the game =/= agree

Human: Wolf
    Undead: Bat
    Dwarf: Bear
    Draenei: Ravager
    Night Elf: Cat
    Orc: Scorpid
    Worgen: Iunno, something interesting.
    Troll: Raptor
    Tauren: Tallstrider
    Goblin: Turtle
    Blood Elf: Dragonhawk

I supposed this is the best I can come up with under such circumstances like what may be in the new race starting areas.

For Human, I would say wolf; it is known that hunters in the old days, and probably nowadays for game, would use pack dogs in order to track prey. Of course, the closest to a dog we can get in WoW are Wolves.

For Undead, I would say either a Bat or Spider, though I went with the idea of a bat due to the fact that the Forsaken are known to be able to tame them easily, plus there's a lot of bats in the starting areas of the Forsaken.

For Dwarf, it would be obvious... considering that there's a fuckload of them in the starting areas, the Dwarf in the first WoW Trailer had a bear as well; seems like the best choice... but this is Blizzard.

Draenei... Well, I can't remember what was in their starting areas other than moths, though if memory serves I believe there were ravagers. Although it seems somewhat plausible, I would like to stear in the direction of Moths due to their lack of, well, obviousness.

Nightelves are known to be able to tame their saber mounts to the point of "To the Nightelves they're harmless kittens"; it would seem obvious that they would have cats as their starting pet, which also goes well with their ability to shadowmeld.

Orc was a tough one... At first I believed that they would have wolves, but they're not native to their starting area, despite the fact that they do ride them as mounts. My second guess would be Boars, although they seemd to be a bit... well, weak. Plus scorpids, I believe, are better due to their poisons.

Worgen... Your guess is as good as mine.

Trolls will have Raptors, hands down. It is the most obvious choice considering that their whole race is connected to having Raptors as their pets. Hell, even most of the TCG Troll Hunters have Raptors as pets.

Tauren was difficult as they only have Boars and Tallstriders. I believe both are the same in terms of their capabilities as pets, but I would go for Tallstrider considering that the Boar is a somewhat tanking pet, while Taurens already gain a stamina buff from the racial ability; I'm not sure if that would be a desirable decision as it would make Taurens the most durable starting hunters, but maybe that will be a wanted decision.

Goblins would probably have either a Gorilla or Turtle, but I would go for Turtle because... well, it just looks funny. Humor aside, it would be nice that a new race would start with a tanking pet.

Bloodelves would have Dragonhawks, as it is their native animal and most affiliated pet in terms of mounts.

Human: Gnomes
    Undead: Gnomes
    Dwarf: Gnomes
    Draenei: Gnomes
    Night Elf: Gnomes
    Orc: Gnomes
    Worgen: Gnomes
    Troll: Gnomes
    Tauren: Gnomes
    Blood Elf: Gnomes
    Destruction!

imo the worgen should get a Gilnean Mastiff as their pet.

Human: Wolf
    Undead: Darkhound
    Dwarf: Bear
    Draenei: Moth
    Night Elf: Cat
    Orc: Boar.
    Worgen: My guess is a Bat but its up in the air
    Troll: Scorpion
    Tauren: Tallstrider
    Blood Elf: Lynx

The way i see blizzard doing this paring the pets so any kind of pet can be available to either faction so its a little more "fair"

Humans: Wolf is a given there is nothing else realistically

Dwarf: Bear (given)

Draenei: As good an idea is the ravenger is i feel like that pet doesnt fit in for 1-10 play the moth is more "friendly" for the starting zones and Draenei dont run into ravengers untill Blood Myst Isle so thats my thinking there.

Night Elf: They love there kittys and they are all over the place so why not.

Worgen:Bat maybe plagued boar? Really im just thinking a pet which hasnt been listed so there are no repeats but its a guess.

Undead: Darkhounds are boss and bats dont seem good enough really i feel like bats are very possible to though.

Orc: Boar, wolf wouldnt happen i feel like they fit well for a mount but they arnt anywere in the barrens so for 1-10 that wouldn't fly.

Tauren: That plainstrider for 1-10 seems to fit nicley over the lions and boars in the zone.

Blood Elf. Hawk if undead dont get bat if they do get bat, then Lynx only to give them a kitten.

Golblin: Turtle is my guess to tie up with the defensive style of the dwarfs bear.

Undead:Human (pair up with wolfs.)
    Draenei:Tauren(Plainstriders:Moths pair)
    Dwarf:Goblin(Tanking Pets Bear:Turtle)
    Blood Elf: Night Elf (Lynx:Nightsabre)
    Worgen:Orc (duel boars?)

I see blizz doing somthing pairing those like that.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Blizzard is evil, they will give you a pet wih a uniq and awesome skin that can not be tamed somewhere else, that way everybody has to make a new hunter, probably powerleveling with RaF to get more money into their pockets and raising their statistics about player base.

Who knows

Probably bigger versions of what you can get from the ToC vendor as non-com pets. Though.. the blood elf broom wouldn't work very well, but it would still be awesome.

I suspect the Worgen hunters will start with a Gilneas Mastiff, the dogs that're rumored to wander around the Gilneas area.

Deleted

Goblins could take Ogre Slaves as pets.

Dwarf : Bear
    Human : Wolf
    Nightelf : Cat
    Draenei : Moth/Ravager

Orc : Boar
    Troll : Boar
    Undead : Wolf
    Bloodelf : Cat
    Tauren : Tailstrider

Deleted

For Draenei, I'd still say Ravager, as they brought them to Azeroth from Outland. If Stags were tameable though, theyd have one of thoes badass mofo's.

15+ Year Old Account

human: Grey wolf
    dwarf: Brown or white bear
    night elf: black cat
    dreanei: blue moth
    Gnome: mechanospider
    worgen: boar

orc: scorpid
    troll: crocolisk
    undead: bat
    blood elf: dragonhawk
    tauren: vulture
    goblin: turtle
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Human: A brown Wolf
    Undead: Plagued Bat
    Dwarf: Black bear
    Draenei: Blue moth
    Night Elf: Dark cat
    Orc: Armored Boar
    Worgen: Hell if i know my guess is bat
    Troll: Red raptor
    Tauren: white tailstrider
    Blood Elf: Dragonhawk