Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Boomchicken: What do we bring to raids?

Starfall and buffs already covered by other people.

Starfall is pretty good on aoe fights though. LK comes to mind.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I don't see how people are managing to think starfall is something we "bring" to raids. It's a unique aoe ability, but what it does mechanically in a raid is no different than what any class who does any dps does: dps. So, do you mean to say, we bring dps? Sure, starfall is better in certain fights, but it's only better...for us. That's not exactly what someone means when they ask "what do we bring to a raid?" Saying 'starfall' is like saying enh shaman bring spirit wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    I was wondering why Rawr was rating the talisman so highly (in fact, BiS with my setup) but stranger things have happened when you have to rely on such tools to tell you what items are good for you.
    Have you checked all your regular raid buffs? It rated it highly for me at lower gear levels because I hadn't put in all the raid buffs like Arcane Intellect/Kings/Wild, so it thought I didn't have enough intellect. Rawr is a useful tool, but best used alongside a good knowledge of your class. It's handy for juggling hit when you're close to cap.

To Gaymer: the buff also provided by hunters is the -3% hit on targets affected by an unglyphed Insect Swarm. They provide it with Scorpid Sting, but it's such a huge DPS loss for a hunter to do so, that you may as well consider it a moonkin unique contribution.

10+ Year Old Account

1050 Armor, 52 to all stats and 75 resistance through Gift of the wild
    3% spell hit chance for us.
    5% reduced armor debuff.
    3% reduced chance for the target to miss its attacks.
    5% increased critical strike chance for all spells.
    13% increased spelldamage debuff.
    3% haste aura.
    Battleress.

oh, wow. ._. that's a lot. I'll never do a raid without a moonkin again.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    1050 Armor, 52 to all stats and 75 resistance through Gift of the wild
    3% spell hit chance for us.
    5% reduced armor debuff.
    3% reduced chance for the target to miss its attacks.
    5% increased critical strike chance for all spells.
    13% increased spelldamage debuff.
    3% haste aura.
    Battleress.

oh, wow. ._. that's a lot. I'll never do a raid without a moonkin again.
    you forgot innervate, the sick damage output and that we're the best landmark to gather on

our sexxy doomkin dance, and the pwnzor beam to the face on every satisfied raid leaders face :]

we bring the sexxy that is needed for every boss death

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    Still have no clue what a hunter & balance druid have in common even after asking in guild & trade & looking at my own 45 druid to see what he could bring that a hunter could or eventually would learn.
    Scorpid Sting vs Insect Swarm, 3% chance of target to miss...
    The reason people don't think of it is that no hunter would use Scorpid, and untill 3.3.3 most druids had IS glyphed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    8. Precise Knockback Spell
    Kicking casters out of my range (and start casting again) which I just got to stick on my ass after a pain of walking and line-of-sighting and whatever else and then complaining about me being to dumbass to hold thread after a starfall-hurricane-wrath-OMGECLIPSEPROCS-Starfire-focusing of exactly this very add.

CURSE THEM!

oh yeah, elemental shamans are pretty much the same in this case, so curse them all.

And curse Blizzard for bloodqueen trash as well. Pain in the ass for any tank.^^

Quote Originally Posted by lappee
    and that we're the best landmark to gather on
    Haha, yes! I've lost count of how many times I've said this to fresh raiders. If you're not sure where to go, just follow the giant chicken. XD