Random Dungeons in cataclysm (80-85 leveling)

Has blizzard stated whether you can do this or not when cata is released, personally I enjoyed exploring the new zones while getting groups to do dungeons from 70 to 80. I can imagine all the quest zones in cata to be empty and everyone sat in orgrimmar with random dungeon queues, hitting 85 without ever exploring new areas...

Re: Random Dungeons in cataclysm (80-85 leveling)

Some people solely ran dungeons to level 60-70, others did nothing but dungeons to get 70-80, I see no reason why people wouldn't/couldn't run nothing but dungeons from 80-85 if they so chose.

Its not running dungeons, its using the random dungeon tool and never even finding the entrances to the dungeons... :<

I know it's just hyperbole but come on, it's a new expansion and you expect no one to want to go out and explore it?

I leveled recent alts through the dungeon finder because I'd done all the questing on other characters before and wanted a change of pace. You'd have to actually do the new content before you can get bored with it and sit in Org.

Actually i believe i remember blizzard saying something about in cataclysm they wanted you to find the dungeon entrances first before you could que up for them. Its hard telling if they'll keep this idea or not. Most likely i'll be que'd up while i quest but if the caliber of players in the dungeons isnt very high i'll just solo my way to 85 til i need to run heroics.

Well I can imagine that queueing for dungeons is going to be the fastest way to level especially with people zerging quest mobs, and since I do raid and will want to start raiding as soon as possible it's kind of the only choice, as everyone else in the guild will be doing it. Just seems rather sad, I know no one is forcing you to do it, but if its the fastest way then my guild will probably expect it...

People have had no problem leveling through quests/grinding in the past, why should that change now? Hell, there are more options now (questing/instancing/pvp) so how would that make things any worse?

Personally, I'll probably grind dungeons with guildies till we hit 82 or so. Then go quest once we're past the thousands of 80s clamoring for quest items.

Questing is usually faster (except for 10-68 at the moment) and i'll be more than happy to fly around on my Bloodbathed Frostwyrm to collect turtle eggs in Azshara.

I'd imagine there will be enough new quest chains designed to pull you out of Orgrimar that you won't want to just grind heroics.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokholar89
    Actually i believe i remember blizzard saying something about in cataclysm they wanted you to find the dungeon entrances first before you could que up for them.
    Actually, they simply stated they were thinking of it.

EJL

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    Its not running dungeons, its using the random dungeon tool and never even finding the entrances to the dungeons... :<
    Blizzard have addressed this. Not only do I think that most people will want to explore the entire changed Azeroth, but when you enter a dungeon for the first time, there will be something that shows you where that dungeon is, and maybe even a cutscene for it.

One solution to this is to prevent dungeons from showing up at all in the dungeon finder tool until you have visited them physically. That's what I would enforce.
    For the Alliance!

People who think that quest mob farming is going to be bad should consider the following:

ADDITIONAL INSTANCES CANNOT BE RUN AT THIS TIME

Hoping Blizz adds a new feature to the random finder. You cannot unlock the feature for a dungeon until you located it in game and used it's portal(The way they currently lock you out if you don't have the gear for certain heroics).
    No, real men set standards and are territorial. Real men don't accept others that stray from the norm. Real men bully those that appear to be weak and inferior. Real men crave structure, hierarchies and rules. Your definition is just a way to neuter the male gender and only losers are deceived by it
    What I learned in a Nintendo thread