sindragosa 10 man heroic (we need help)

hello guys,

We have been running through ICC 10 now with our group for a while now, all of us are on 5.7 to 6k gear score. We didnt have alot of problems with any of the hardmodes, untill we hit sindragosa. Currently thats the only boss keeping us away from the lichking heroic.

the big problem for us is the healing in phase 3 (in my opinion most whipes occure when we have 3 healers locked out of healing due to an iceblock and 2X unchained magic)

Our set-up is
    Prot warrior
    prot warrior, prot paladin or Deathknight tank

shadow priest or warlock
    ret paladin
    Rogue
    fury warrior
    Hunter

Holy paladin
    Holy or Disc priest
    resto shaman

Now in my opinion its mainly set-up based wich makes all our healers eventualy get locked out of the fight. But due to variouse reasons we havent got alot of choice in raid members and we are nearly unable to get some extra caster DPS in the raid.

has any one got any ideas to help us forward?

Regards
    -Duvs (Holy paladin Talnivarr eu)

Re: sindragosa 10 man heroic (we need help)

Another caster dps to soak an unchained magic perhaps?

Thats the big problem, we are unable to get another caster in here.
    most of us have been doing 10 mans together since the launch of Wotlk.

and yes they are mainly the melee DPS :P

I would personally reccomend having a Resto Druid instead of a Resto shaman, but anywho..

Make sure everyone who gets Unchained magic stops casting immediately (Even the healers).

When the healers have to hide behind an iceblock - make sure they are keeping their eye on the Mystic Buffet being cast (it looks like the boss is doing an arcane explosion) As SOON as its cast you un-hide and resume to tank / raid healing (Make sure that when your hiding behind an iceblock you have hots on the tanks)

tbh good Resto Druids do best on this fight, they can roll lifeblooms on tanks on phase 3, run while healing, and hot up the raid from the continuous raid damage sources such as 'Chilled to the Bone' 'Frost Aura' etc.. Also from Backlash if anyone is stupid enough to stack it

Good Luck!

Edit:

That setup is fine, though its easier with more ranged so you increase the chance DPS get unchained magic - and healers dont!

We had a similar settup with only 1 caster dps, and had him just stand to the side, I think really with just 1 caster you have to rely on good RNG to not get to a point where all your healers are locked out, or just switch as often as you can and use cooldowns according to when healers are blocked/chained and work on getting these members freed asap.

My 10 Man group has an almost identical composition....

Protection Warrior (Tank)
    Blood Death Knight (Tank)
    Retribution Paladin (DPS)
    Feral Druid (DPS) - Instead of Fury Warrior
    Marksman Hunter (DPS)
    Shadow Priest (DPS)
    Mut Rogue (DPS)
    Holy Paladin (Heal)
    Resto Druid (Heal) - Instead of Holy/Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman (Heal)

We had more problems getting the stupid achievement for the mounts then we did with Heroic Sindragosa. Shadow Priest ALWAYS got Unchained Magic and the other would goto one of the three healers. One will always be on a healer no matter what, but if you are get two on healers you just have some really bad RNG.

If you get a Healer in an Ice block, ALL of your DPS needs to blow that ice block up immediately. They can't dick around and try to enlarge their e-peens a bit by getting a few extra hits on the boss, they need to get that ice block down within three to five seconds.

If you are still wiping, I'd consider replacing a healer. I know the fight can become a bit healing intensive and a Resto Druid does make the fight a hell of a lot easier.

Resto druid, win.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    My 10 Man group has an almost identical composition....

Protection Warrior (Tank)
    Blood Death Knight (Tank)
    Retribution Paladin (DPS)
    Feral Druid (DPS) - Instead of Fury Warrior
    Marksman Hunter (DPS)
    Shadow Priest (DPS)
    Mut Rogue (DPS)
    Holy Paladin (Heal)
    Resto Druid (Heal) - Instead of Holy/Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman (Heal)

We had more problems getting the stupid achievement for the mounts then we did with Heroic Sindragosa. Shadow Priest ALWAYS got Unchained Magic and the other would goto one of the three healers. One will always be on a healer no matter what, but if you are get two on healers you just have some really bad RNG.

If you get a Healer in an Ice block, ALL of your DPS needs to blow that ice block up immediately. They can't dick around and try to enlarge their e-peens a bit by getting a few extra hits on the boss, they need to get that ice block down within three to five seconds.

If you are still wiping, I'd consider replacing a healer. I know the fight can become a bit healing intensive and a Resto Druid does make the fight a hell of a lot easier.

Well getting a healer out of the an ice tomb might cause problems - if a tank wanted to reset his stacks or a dps / healer had too many.. so i wouldn't recommend this idea.

Make sure that when people need to reset their stacks.. they do it... and it should turn out fine.

seems like a good setup for 1 healer tombed 2 unchained magic wipe everytime, yeh u need casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    One will always be on a healer no matter what, but if you are get two on healers you just have some really bad RNG.
    It only targets more than one healer in 10 man if all your caster DPS are dead. It's a smart targeting spell: one caster DPS and one healer are the targets. Which means if you only have one caster... the poor son of a bitch constantly has unchained magic. Like my mage. I got very good at stacking instability to 50+ then iceblocking it off.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

When i did it with my guild, we Set out 2 "Tomb points" left and right.

When marked with skull, the shifted moved left and party moved right.

on second marking, the group moved left and skull moved right.

This guarantees you get no chain tombs, and if you do this close to Sindragosa, it allows easy to reach points for the tanks to swap to and lose the debuff when they need to without much trouble

We also used this method to get the achievement and keep stacks low.

it does however help to have more ranged, but p3 is really the difficult part of a basically standard set encounter.

work on making a plan and stick to it, ull get her soon

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn
    It only targets more than one healer in 10 man if all your caster DPS are dead. It's a smart targeting spell: one caster DPS and one healer are the targets. Which means if you only have one caster... the poor son of a bitch constantly has unchained magic. Like my mage. I got very good at stacking instability to 50+ then iceblocking it off.
    Thats genius! Does it avoid backlash? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Vaught
    When i did it with my guild, we Set out 2 "Tomb points" left and right.

When marked with skull, the shifted moved left and party moved right.

on second marking, the group moved left and skull moved right.

This guarantees you get no chain tombs, and if you do this close to Sindragosa, it allows easy to reach points for the tanks to swap to and lose the debuff when they need to without much trouble

We also used this method to get the achievement and keep stacks low.

it does however help to have more ranged, but p3 is really the difficult part of a basically standard set encounter.

work on making a plan and stick to it, ull get her soon
    Sigh, this has nothing to do with the OP

our problem starts when our caster gets iceblocked, that gives us unchained magic on 2 healers almost instantly.

worced case senario happened aswell tonight.
    caster gets iceblocked, 2 healers get unchained, and imidiatly after that the 3rd healer gets iceblocked.

like most of you guys say getting an extra ranged is the best solution for this. as hard as it is to keep some guys out for the initial kill we might have to concider it. we are also looking into our feral druids resto gear (hes in the raid instead of the second prot warrior).

thanks for the fast reply's

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Decix
    Sigh, this has nothing to do with the OP
    hahaha, you are absolutely right.

I apoligise OP.

i thought you had problem healing in p3, ah well. yes if your only casters are your healers you cant win this.

the end

The Iceblock does mean that you do not take the damage(as long as you are in it when the explosion would go off), but on heroic can be a very scary thing:

stacking stacking stacking(50+), oh crap gripped in after unchained leaves but before instability goes off, you have 2 seconds to get out of range. Even if you iceblock, it will KO everything around you because the instability explosion still happens. P1 no biggie, but in P3 when things are getting hectic, you really dont wanna suddenly see a bunch of really big numbers go up around you, and have the whole cluster of ranged die.

Also Iceblock does nothing about your mystic buffet, so really only useful during Phase 1. Ive been the lone mage too, and you can get some sick uninterrupted DPS going with IA and Frost ward, just be careful not to be the guy that wipes the whole raid in 1 explosion.

I heard using Frost Res gear is an exceptional way to reduce damage taken to tanks and unchained magic on the healers thus making it a much easier job for the healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.