Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Resto druid in 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali
    It does, but for a tank, there's usually an emote. "Grows stronger", "grabs x", or something going on the fight that's saying "oh look, big shit inc, be ready".

For a healer, there's no emote that will tell you the raid moved a little slow and took a nasty dot, or the aoe that's coming will reduce everyone to 10% and have to be healed instantly, which would be the ideal for popping a healing CD. By that point, you're spamming to keep up
    There is usually a cast time for whatever it is or something that will show you. You could also technically pop your CDs when the boss emotes for enrage or whatever... I just really don't see how this is a problem because I usually know the fight going in (if a strat is available) or will learn it within a few attempts. Raid damage is usually always predictable and technically your not supposed to run in and 1 shot the boss... your supposed to go in and when something happens you go "oh hey, i could of done ____ to negate/prevent that"

Quote Originally Posted by TheFaceless View Post
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

O hi, i'm a druid
    I can dispel magic, but I am immune to poly

I'm not op at all
    GJ, sense were talking about healing and all....and lolwut magic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by embz View Post
    GJ, sense were talking about healing and all....and lolwut magic?
    # Nature's Cure - Empowers your Remove Corruption spell to also remove a magic effect from a friendly target.

First of all, I'm a huge fan of ToL, and I can understand the QQ regarding the removal of the "permanent" shapeshift. However, my knowledge of druid lore tells me forms should be temporary and we should be shifting in and out of forms even in combat. Remember the druids in WC3 for example? You'd cast a spell, rejuvenation/cyclone but then shapeshift to a different form and take on a completely different role. Also, you never had ToL in vanilla, now did you?
    That aside, people who want to show off their armor... that's just, how do i say it? Lame! Do you really tell the difference between "other players" in a fight? However, you can always tell that this is a tree/moonkin/cat/bear that's standing over there. And if you wanted to look so fashionable and sexy while standing in a city, I suggest you grab some role-playing sets. Your epics aren't the best way to judge how awesome you are.

Also, to those who are saying Efflorecence is a new spell, it's not. It's merely a talent that allows you to proc something visual. I wouldn't say an instant initial tick on rejuvenation, or the increased crit-chance on regrowth are new spells, would you? If you do, then I don't think there's point in arguing over this.

Moreover, if you think a little about the ToL cooldown, it's extremely good. Since druids have no means of absorbing or reducing incoming damage (Barkskin is a self-cast only), we merely have to heal through damage, and ToL allows us to do just that, only better! Its use is situational, needless to say, but I won't cry over something that would help me heal more effectively, and when I want and need to do so the most. So although I love ToL, the cooldown is extremely welcome on my behalf.

Sure, we didn't get any new spells, but in my opinion, druids will "feel" like they got new spells since they will be casting most, if not all the healing spells in their dusty spellbook, especially that we're becoming more versatile as healers, unlike the faceroll that's being currently adopted by most druids. Some mechanics have changed, like efflo, tranquility, lifebloom, ToL and so on, and we need to adapt to these changes. Things won't be the same forever, and changes are a part of life (and WoW for that matter), so either get used to it or reroll something OP that would suit your taste. Personally, I will not be missing you rerollers. On the contrary, I'll be more than glad to have fewer resto druids. FoTM rerollers be gone!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with Milky there, the new mechanics let you play as you got a whole lot of new spells, for example if you used healing touch in TBC or WoTLK you were a noob. The only thing I'd complain about is the 2,5 sec cast on Nourish which also heals utterly as shit, it costs little mana and refresh your lifebloom but we have no swiffy heals now :-\ though on the contrary it finally gets a little harder and you have to actually think (gasp!)