Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Tree slap dps is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez

my name is Bucketman and i approve this post
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

10+ Year Old Account

Hahaha, shame.

Means Male Nelf Druid healers actually have to look at their character again!
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen
    Hahaha, shame.

Means Male Nelf Druid healers actually have to look at their character again!
    exactly what went through my mind when i saw the change ;p

Druids get Mushroom Bombs. Really, you should all just go Shroomkin now and thank your favourite deity for giving you this fantabulous spell.

they should at least give us a cosmetic ToL variant so we can still shake our bark

10+ Year Old Account

First off, good riddance to being that goofy tree all the time. I like the /no, /cower, and /dance emotes just as much as anyone else, but gearing up is one of my favorite parts of WoW and having to stare at the same tree no matter how much you've progressed is lame to me. I like the male/female night elf casts a lot and I'm glad we'll get to see our character again.

Think of it this way...the Tree of Life will be a cooldown. It's what you pop when shit hits the fan. It sounds like it's going to be wings for resto druids. Now, that is cool to me.
    Look! Words!

They should just give Resto a Treant variant where you get to spawn 3-4 uber-sexy trees to spam HoTs on lowest % party/raid members. After 20 seconds of up-time, 10 seconds of their life is spent dancing around you.

Of course they could also just turn you into a big healing shroom for 30 seconds.

Screw cooldown mode, i wanna jump around as tree while HoTing, dance as best tree ( only tree? :< ) ever !
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

/treehug

I THINK EVRYON1 NEEDS TO CLAM DOWN!!!!

TREE SLAP DPS IS NOT DEAD YET.

Here is my idea. We change our main nuke from Tree Slap to MAGIC MUSHROOM.

We will still be able to get all our our OP melee dmg out while still using our magical schroom explosions to stop dps. And we can use the ToL CD to do MAJOR DPS. We will have to save this for Heroism to keep aggro of course though.

What do u guys think?

Deleted

they say tree dances are the best dances.
    this is soooo true

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    druids aren't allowed to complain about anything in cataclysm. You got magical mushrooms.
    they gave druids a stupid useless gimmick spell to distract all the droolers from the obvious nerfs to resto.

you fell for it.

/cheer is by far the best emote for a ToL

Happy tree happy tree

I play a tree. I rolled a druid because of the shapeshifting, and I wanted to heal as a druid because we were entirely different from other healers. And though I dont like the graphics of the tree form, I never in a million years expected Blizz to take it away from us! So, they take ToL away because we cant poke people in PvP. I dont ever play PvP!

The only reason I've got to stay on my druid is the fact she has been my main since early Black Temple, and I've got alot of good memories, her Amani Warbear and her 5 proto-drakes. Seems like I'll reroll for Cata.

R.I.P. Tree of Life.

Ima gonna reroll shammy, even not becouse its gonna be better or not. It will be more fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzil
    they say tree dances are the best dances.
    Those men speak truth.
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

I've read that Worgen's out of combat form is the same as normal humans, and that they can shift in/out of worgen form upon desire, but when they enter combat they are forced into worgen form until combat ends.

Couldn't a similar mechanic be used for resto druids where out of combat they can switch freely between forms, but upon enterring combat they are forced into caster form, until they choose to pop their "super healing"/metamorphosis cooldown and use tree form on cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknroll ED
    I've read that Worgen's out of combat form is the same as normal humans, and that they can shift in/out of worgen form upon desire, but when they enter combat they are forced into worgen form until combat ends.

Couldn't a similar mechanic be used for resto druids where out of combat they can switch freely between forms, but upon enterring combat they are forced into caster form, until they choose to pop their "super healing"/metamorphosis cooldown and use tree form on cooldown?
    That would be bandaging the issue (issue being losing a core part of the druid class, namely shapeshifting in the resto tree, and being turned in, well, inversed demo locks where we don't DoT but HoT and don't become demonlovers but treehuggers for x seconds every 3 minutes. All we need now is Leafbolt and Blossomfire and it's complete), and would make no sense at all to the game. Imagine explaining this pretty useless mechanic to newcomers. "We loved our tree form, didn't want to lose it, so we get to have tree form outside of combat in a spell that has no effect other than being purely cosmetical".

We're druids because we like shapeshifting. Removing it is by far the stupidiest thing ever. Blizzard can't even come with good arguments.

- It's "punishing". I absolutely fail to see how. We'll shift anyway in PvP, to, for example, bash or prevent manaburns. Removing the GCD on forms will achieve the same thing as removing the form in this respect, where shifting from bear to nelf or bear to tree would be equally time-consuming. That said, having a quick shift macro will help you get out of snares without being punished at all like you would if you'd say shift from tree to bear and back to tree, so in that respect it's even a nerf, as well as it is a nerf in PvE (think, for example, the Hodir fight).

- Druids should see armor in "at least one spec". I mean wat. There's tons of way, suggested so many times, to reflect armor in forms. Simply removing a form for "showing armor" just screams lazyness at me. That said, who the hell cares about "showing armor", the only time you are in form is in combat. Ohnoes. If you hate forms, this is the wrong class. It's like saying "I'm a shaman and I hate totems" (I know some shamans do, and I'm naming this example specifically because I recall a blue telling shamans off for hating totems and saying those shamans picked the wrong class. The same goes for forms and druids).

Also, /treehug. I'm just hoping this won't make it through beta.

Druids are now the WoW equivalent of Teemo from LoL... Exploding mushroom traps!!!!!!!! No Complain, or you just silly little person!

I used to heal back in vanilla and I always wished for a healing form then they gave it to me in BC and I was a happy druid. Then they gave me dual speccing so I can choose whether or not I want a laser chicken or my tree without cursing the gods for not having more talent points. Now they are homogenizing my class with other healers and making my healing form situational. So now I'm left wondering what I did wrong to make Blizzard so mad. :'(

/treehug

Not to be confused with Drakmarr.