Essence of the Blood Queen

This is probably a noobish question for some obvious reason...but does Essence of the Blood Queen affect Demonic Pact?

As in, does it make sense to bite a demonology lock earlier in the fight versus on the last wave or does it make no difference?

Thanks for thoughts/logic on this, I've been searching just haven't found anything yet.

Thanks

Re: Essence of the Blood Queen

I believe Essence just increases damage it doesnt increase your spell power

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol
    I believe Essence just increases damage it doesnt increase your spell power
    It does read 100% buff to damage, not spell power.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=71473

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry, if you're trying to convince your guild to bite you sooner, it's not gonna happen. There's zero reason to bite a warlock first since the specs with the most competitive damage do that damage sub-35%.

R.I.P. YARG

Yeah, I don't really care...getting bit around 35% is just fine with me. I've just been trying to find an answer for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigen
    This is probably a noobish question for some obvious reason...but does Essence of the Blood Queen affect Demonic Pact?

As in, does it make sense to bite a demonology lock earlier in the fight versus on the last wave or does it make no difference?

Thanks for thoughts/logic on this, I've been searching just haven't found anything yet.

Thanks
    Good try on trying to get your guild to bite you first, lol, but hey whatever helps ;D
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

There's every reason to NOT bite you first. Our DPS is based around DP, but other classes are balanced around Totem of Wrath. Mages should always be bit first as they have some absolutely ridiculous scaling with SP. Rogues next because they have the largest portion of personal DPS. Hunters and non-Demo Warlocks after that. Some exceptions for lolbroken Feral and Fury.

While it is true that Warlocks generally don't get bitten first, if you are pulling more pre-25%(Affliction) or pre-35%(Demonology) DPS than other people, you should still get bitten first until the people behind you catch up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau
    While it is true that Warlocks generally don't get bitten first, if you are pulling more pre-25%(Affliction) or pre-35%(Demonology) DPS than other people, you should still get bitten first until the people behind you catch up to you.
    For Demo this is not necessaraly true, around 20% of our damage comes from the felguard which is uneffected by the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...

I normally get the buff right off the bat from the blood queen.. as my threat is so high.. i have even tried MD'ing onto the desired first biter and still i get the buff.. I love it... My guild leader ( a DPS hungry DK who doesnt like to be beaten) does not ;D

10+ Year Old Account

as far as i know, not everyone uses WoL, or WMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Sorry, if you're trying to convince your guild to bite you sooner, it's not gonna happen. There's zero reason to bite a warlock first since the specs with the most competitive damage do that damage sub-35%.
    I got that problem but the other way around. Since we kill her too fast the last bitten ones (warlocks) often get like 15sec duration of heroism and the bite. I say bite affliction warlocks early, they will be among topdps with a trixs of the trade that doesnt fall off (human racial or a good massdispeller) and then the execute ontop of that
    But yea, overall warlocks should get bitten last due to what ghurku mention.

beeeeeeeeer
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    I got that problem but the other way around. Since we kill her too fast the last bitten ones (warlocks) often get like 15sec duration of heroism and the bite. I say bite affliction warlocks early, they will be among topdps with a trixs of the trade that doesnt fall off (human racial or a good massdispeller) and then the execute ontop of that
    But yea, overall warlocks should get bitten last due to what ghurku mention.

beeeeeeeeer
    Same here. tho once when i was affliction cause of a demo tryout and some of the better dps where signed unaviable i got bitten 5th i think. pulled realy high numbers, allmost as much as 3rd lock wich was destro, we came in a row on recount.

the damage is realy good - but nothing feels better than having EoB during Bloodlust with molten core, metamorphosis and devious minds + maybe a Potion of wild magic for spice etc and pulling massive numbers with soul fire <3