Poll: Will you continue to heal in Cataclysm?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will you continue to be Holy in Cata?

With all this talk on Cataclysm healing changes, I hear a lot of people saying "Well, I'm glad my dual spec is Ret!". After reading countless pages on forums all over, and blue posts galore, it seems that BC-style healing is back in the game (minus down ranked heals). With nerfs to mana regen and replenishment, more mana cost on cleanse, and basically that looming danger of seeing those dreaded words, "Not enough mana", it seems that every healer is going to need more of a brain then WotLK demands.

From the words of Ghostcrawler...

"Today, in LK, healing risks feeling even more like whack-a-mole. Injury? Heal. Injury? Heal. You're testing your reflexes more than your decision-making ability. Whack-a-mole can be challenging, but it doesn't have much depth. It's easy to add depth though. Let's start with the notion that there are two hammers. The little hammer can dispatch most of those moles, but sometimes you can use your big hammer too. The big hammer has limited charges or whatever. Now let's have some of the moles pop out a little slower so that you have time to consider which hammer to use. See where I'm going with this?"

In short, we will be relying more on reactive healing then proactive. It initially feels like it takes away the comfort that a hpala currently has in this expansion, but for the most part I welcome the challenge. It's like the way tanks are right now. That will be the same situation for healers for Cata. The dedicated geared healers will keep going; the rest will switch to dps.

EDIT: Reference to the GC thread.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...02681&sid=1#37
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Deleted

Re: Will you continue to be Holy in Cata?

Holy Paladin for life!

Sis like challenges!

After paying for my cocaine and meth, I won't have money for the xpac.

So youre gonna stop being a spec because itll begin to be a decent challenge?Its people like you that fucked our reputation when 3.0 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop
    Holy Paladin for life!

I like challenges!
    ^
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Healing for sure! If I wanted to do easy things I'd play prot-pala, but I don't like to play an automated tank-bot where the only active decision is when to press taunt. Holy for life!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    So youre gonna stop being a spec because itll begin to be a decent challenge?Its people like you that fucked our reputation when 3.0 hit.
    ^
    Wait..what ??? ??? It's really hard to understand you.

I said - I like challenges! So in Cata im staying holy!

15+ Year Old Account

I'm definitely firing up my Paladin and going back into it. Ret for a few months and then Warlock was cool for a mix-up, but my home setup has always been Prot/Holy.

Sticking with Holy Paladin for all my WoW days. I have too much passion for the class and spec to just drop it.

Rise holy warriors!!!

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotix

Rise holy warriors!!!
    Not today, man, I'm seriously bumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop
    Wait..what ??? ??? It's really hard to understand you.

I said - I like challenges! So in Cata im staying holy!

I was reffering to the OP. heh sorry if I was unclear.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

I was reffering to the OP.
    I didn't say I was respeccing. In fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveriaa
    I welcome the challenge.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

I'm waiting for notes.

I like where we are right now, for me, stressing over mana is not fun. But I can live with that if they change it, what I am worried about, is if they try to change us to be viable raid healers. Do. Not. Want.

I rolled a paladin to a MT healer.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    I rolled a paladin to a MT healer.

I think i read somewhere that they will nerf our tank healing, and add some raid healing spell..or something like that..im hoping not to happen, i rolled a paladin to be MT healer as well. :-X

I agree with Shadowdream.

I am proud of being the 'Tank healer'. Love my big, hard-hitting heals and mana efficiency, as well as topping all the heal meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotix

I am proud of being the 'Tank healer'. Love my big, hard-hitting heals and mana efficiency, as well as topping all the heal meters.
    Healing meters are serious business...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanswered
    Healing meters are serious business...
    duh

Regardless of the much anticipated preview, Holy Paladin's will always fit a niché. With a niché there will always be a select group who will stick by it.

NICHES ONLY APPLY TO PALADINS <--- GC's motto.
    We should get some type of AoE heal if Holy priests can tank heal but you never know with blizzard's track record of 3 straight expansions where Holy Paladins have been a joke, Ret has been OP and left untested and Prot is ok.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

15+ Year Old Account

i hope we will be cleansed from this 'palas are mt healers' stereotype. there are too much holy paladins who refuse even to heal raid with beacon on the tank on Festergut, or Queen. They do not care if the raid will wipe - they are spamming two spells into one target the whole fight. And raid leaders who don't know anything about pala except 'pala is tank healer' support these peoples.

and, worst of all, these 'mt healers' are making holy paladin reputation to look like 'bah, one more buttonmasher'.
    i want holy palas to be really hard to play, but to be able to be Godlike healers at they best. I don't want holy paladins to be the least scaling with proper gear and skill class. it's really annoying when the best possible for our class result is achieved through mindless HL spam into the tank + plea on cd (and no one cares that your tank can die while plea'ed - you are still topping healing meters).

but i can't imagine anything that'll stop me from being holy. i have not-enchanted 251-264-271 gear for my ret offspec, and i don't want to drop my Valithria spec for it.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

more or less healing gets annoying like seriously i dont know if im the only one who notices that 2 spells for healing are boring or not